• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Wait so should i pull from these CYL banners or wait for the other one with the new heroes?

Also, we get to pick/guaranteed one hero without pulling in that upcoming banner?

Firemind

No, they can't. Did you even play awakening? That's only true for Robin/Morgan.

... and great lord is the promoted version of her default class. And only Lucina and Chrom can get to Great Lord anyway in awakening. It's exclusive to those two.
Wait, so their base promoted class lets Chrom and Lucina use both swords and lances? That's pretty cool. Never got that far. My apologies.

Ninferno

Wait so should i pull from these CYL banners or wait for the other one with the new heroes?

It's up to you, whether you care enough about them. I don't. Gameplay-wise, all four of them are looking good in terms of skills (not sure about the stats spread yet) and are certainly above the average of what we have seen in Heroes so far. If you just want strong units, you can't go wrong with any of them. Many people in this thread plan to choose Lyn as the free pick to avoid the colorless hell and then actually pull the other 3 colors. The power creep is real, though it is too early to access how much impact this has yet.

Also, we get to pick/guaranteed one hero without pulling in that upcoming banner?

Correct. Only one though.

Draxal

Only problem with Lyn, is that's shes a character that would really like that speed mod with firesweep yumminess.

Thanks for the help all.

My orbs live to see another day.

Going to wait for that new banner to pull. Lyn is locked in for me. Definitely not dealing with colorless hell

Scum

Oohhhhh! CYL and a Hector banner!

29bo8wm.gif

Nice! I wanted Distant Counter for Titania. I'll get on it.

Shito

Many people in this thread plan to choose Lyn as the free pick to avoid the colorless hell and then actually pull the other 3 colors.
It also helps that in a game where horse emblem is such a thing, getting access to the first horse archer, with such a good starting kit and apparently good stats also, is quite hard to refuse.
I'm waiting for the confirmation of her stats, but if she's not totally crap I don't see any reason to pick anyone else but her, really.

Firemind

I'll pick Roy since knowing my luck I'll never pull him in the giant pool of red.

Still need Genny so maybe I'll pull colorless orbs.

Ninferno

Only problem with Lyn, is that's shes a character that would really like that speed mod with firesweep yumminess.

However, average non-whale players like me won't be too keen to optimally build her; our expectation for her is just to fuck shit up in PvE (CC, SA, AA 2nd - 7th) with crazy pony buffs. For that purpose, her neutral spread should get the job done. Ranged unit on horse isn't going to be ideal for arena anyway, due to BST. Unless the CYL weapons cost 500SP or something.

Weebos

Banned
Man, CYL right up against a Hector banner, that is brutal.

I would have normally sprung for Hector, but pulling Amelia has lessened my hunger for him.

Mupod

Jesus, got pretty far on 11+12 chain challenge (map 9) but these turn limit maps with enemies who sit on defense tiles and don't move are really stupid. I'll try 9+10 instead I guess.

Good to know my flier team finds the early maps easy, especially the one with the mountains where you're split up. that was a big hurdle for my cavalry squad.

Guys, what was the longest time you summoned without getting a five stars ?

Personally I think I'm close to beat my previous record

My record is almost 400 orbs without a 5*. I got Lucina from the first voting gauntlet, but then went on a really bad streak getting nothing from the Effie banner and then hitting 6.25% sniping blues on the Ninian one right afterwards.

Highest % I ever saw was 7+4% on the last hero fest, but that's only like 200.

Sushen

Finally, after such a long wait:

The Hector I sacrificed was +Atk -Def so this was particularly painful, but I have four more Effies, one of which is +Atk -Spd and she's going to be a core of my team.
After such an investment, you gave her silver lance+, not brave lance+?

Ninferno

Condolences bro. Hope you get a Tana/Amelia or two eventually.

I think I reached that kind of pity rate at 2 or 3 occasions before, but got something decent in the end. The things that angered me more are getting some 4.5 ~ 5 cleared by a garbo 5* like -Def +Res Lukas.

Anyway, any people picking up Mario + Rabbids and/or War of the Chosen? It is a pretty good time to be alive as a SRPG fan isn't it. I hope they can give relief to my Heroes sorrow.

Weebos

Banned
Condolences bro. Hope you get a Tana/Amelia or two eventually.

I think I reach that kind of pity rate at 2 or 3 occasions, but got something decent in the end. The things that angered me more are getting some 4.5 ~ 5 cleared by a garbo 5* like -Def +Res Lukas.

Anyway, any people picking up Mario + Rabbids and/or War of the Chosen? It is a pretty good time to be alive as a SRPG fan isn't it. I hope they can give relief to my Heroes sorrow.

I took tomorrow off to play War of the Chosen lol. I'm a bit sad that Mario and that are releasing at the same time, otherwise I would have checked out both. I'll have to wait on Mario.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Didn't get squat from the free banners. The Hector banner didn't even have a green orb lol.

Ninferno

I took tomorrow off to play War of the Chosen lol. I'm a bit sad that Mario and that are releasing at the same time, otherwise I would have checked out both. I'll have to wait on Mario.

Cool. I pre-ordered both, figured I will play Mario and Rabbids on the go and War of the Chosen at home. We will see how that works out. :)

Didn't even think about the banners associated with the new gauntlet until this morning. Pretty great options. Went full reckless. I wanted Hector, frustrated for 7 months. First pull for free was a disappointing Arthur. Second pull was 5 greens, I've never seen it before. I got a decent fae as my fourth draw but trash otherwise. Fifth draw was a +Atk, -spd Hector. Amazing.

Also wanted Lyn. But too many reds on that banner to risk it. I'll save her CYL unit for the free draw if I don't get her from the banner first.

Aesnath

Ugh, staying F2P is getting harder. I really want to roll more for a tana, but some of this stuff is seeming ridiculous.

I've somehow managed to not yet get any of Tharja, regular Lucina or regular Lyn (but do have Spring and Bridal), so tried one extra pull after freebie 3* Olivia. My least desired was Tharja so you know how that goes...5* but only -hp/+res. Still can be useful, also another option for the vote. OTOH, after my early Amelia get, Sacred is still not inclined to give me another 5*. An excellent 4* iv Clair is something at least. Looking forward to the powerful CYL special characters.

Sushen

So, we're stuck with the same focus units for another week? We usually get the new unit announcements on Sundays, right?

Mupod

I just realized that after multiple gauntlets with no bonus character, I actually have every single character on this one.

Probably will just join team Hector, he may not have won the CYL poll but that was taken before he became infamous in FEH. I think he has a chance.

I have level 1s available for Tharja, Chrom and Camilla though so they'd be good for the easy autobattle route.

So, we're stuck with the same focus units for another week? We usually get the new unit announcements on Sundays, right?

Possibly, as the new banner won't start until Thursday, and arena ends tonight. Unless they're REALLY gonna juke us and have 4 more new units ready for tomorrow morning.

bigzgod

Free summon from the women banner was 5 colorless. At least it was a Leon. Free summon from the male banner didn't have a green so went with red, got the Hinata I needed badly. Decided to yolo the banner for Hector. 20 orbs later ended up with Cecilia, Hinata, Barst, and Hector. Fury, repo, pony merge, and +atk -def Hector. Worth it.

StAidan

I reached 5.75% before pulling my Summer Corrin, and that was after having my pity rate broken 4 times. I stopped counting the orbs after a while, but I spent at least 600 on that banner.

Aesnath

So...my griping paid off. Got a +spd/-res tana. If I'm planning on running her on a mixed team, what loadout is recommended?

I can probably manage the firesweep lance/LnD build without too much trouble, but it'll cost some feathers and part of me is sad to see the legendary weapon go to waste. Any recommendations?

Ondore

Free pulls were Spd+ Def- Ike (replaces Res+ Def-) from the Group A banner and Hinata on an all-red banner that ended with a -Atk Lucina (fed to Celica for Aether, she had like 7400 SP) on Group B.

fek

Can't decide which free unit I'm going with.. Probably Lyn just to avoid colorless. I think she will be great with neutral stats too. And then use about 100 orbs I've saved trying for Ike and Lucina.

Busaiku

What are the characters that I can throw away without consequences ? (characters who have even useless skills) My roster is full...
As others have mentioned, Raven tomes are good.
Brave Ike isn't a direct counter, but will easily tank her and destroy her next turn.

Pejo

Did my 2 freebie pulls...

Guys banner - Green going for Hector - Beruka... ok

Girls banner - Wanted Red for any of the reds, only got greens and blues, so went green - Beruka.

:mad:

Roman

What are the characters that I can throw away without consequences ? (characters who have even useless skills) My roster is full...

Things like Oboro, Beruka and Est, but they are solid to very good units in their own rights. I would just pay the 1 Orb to expand to be honest.

6% to get Corrin.
After such an investment, you gave her silver lance+, not brave lance+?
Brave doesn't make any sense on a DC build - it's geared towards enemy phase and her counterattack would be way too weak to finish anything. The best choice for this build by far is Deft Harpoon which I don't have.

So...my griping paid off. Got a +spd/-res tana. If I'm planning on running her on a mixed team, what loadout is recommended?

I can probably manage the firesweep lance/LnD build without too much trouble, but it'll cost some feathers and part of me is sad to see the legendary weapon go to waste. Any recommendations?

This is pretty much her best build except that Swift Sparrow would be better here.

Whizkid7

YES! Amelia get, finally! +HP/-SPD....WHO CARES I GOT HER ARMOR EMBLEM GONNA RUN RAMPANT NOW

I knew I wasn't wasting my time working on Effie. Her, Hector, Zephiel + Amelia will be SO much fun to try out.

It also helps that she's my favorite Sacred Stones character.

Mupod

bah, Azura accidentally teleported and danced to Palla instead of the Camilla next her which resulted in me losing someone on chain challenge 9+10 map 4. But my 1 hp corrin, azura and palla managed to almost clear map 5 (just a sword left). So I've got a fresh cavalry team and 1 reserve left for chapter 10's bullshit.

If I fail this I'll know to put attack+1 on Camilla because the main problem I had there was a healer surviving with 1 HP, allowing Bruno to run away instead of get baited and killed. Flier team would probably be able to clear map 5 if they were full strength. Surprisingly, Palla easily one-rounded Veronica, I figured her stats would be too jacked up.

RedBoot

So the free pull went well today:

Went for the green orb on the free pull, then decided I may as well grab the red ones too since I didn't have any of Lyn/Tharja/Lucina. Between the 5* Nino I got from the free pull on the last banner, this Camilla, and the free Ike later this week (if I take him), the game has really solved my green unit drought for me. :p

Lyn is +SPD -ATK which isn't really ideal, but I'll give her an attack seal and have her pal around with Ephraim. Camilla is +RES -HP which is kind of average I guess. Maybe I can use her to bait blue and green mages?

Top Bottom