• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Ninferno

I finally have it, my five stars streak broke !!!! Let's go Ta--

So who should I give the Brave Lance + I have almost every lancer in the game except Tana ofc

Maybe check his nature first? If he's +Atk he can be pretty good, especially with Horse Emblem.

And then there's Effie's player phase build if you have a good Effie. Or if you have a high Atk flier, that could work too.

I am seeing a lot of people saying the free unit will be neutral IVs. Is that just assumed?

I guess it is a safe assumption because every free unit they have given were neutral. I really hope it's the case here too.

Maybe check his nature first? If he's +Atk he can be pretty good, especially with Horse Emblem.

And then there's Effie's player phase build if you have a good Effie. Or if you have a high Atk flier, that could work too.

He has Atk+/-Res I was too focused on Tana so I didn't noticed whoops. Maybe I'll try something with a horse emblem team

Pulled a second Ike on my free pull. Should I use it as SI fodder or just +1 my Ike?

Swordbreaker is not worth the SI and Heavy Blade works only because Ike has a huge atk stat (especially on atk+) combined with aether, remove one of these and it's not worth it. Merging is better imo

Ninferno

Pulled a second Ike on my free pull. Should I use it as SI fodder or just +1 my Ike?

Depending on whether or not you want to use him as your arena core; merge if yes and fodder if no. Ike's Aether and Heavy Blade are good for arena scoring, not to mention the usefulness of DC in actual arena battles. He's solid choice for red especially if you don't plan on heavily merging other good reds with higher availability (eg. Olivia). If not, then by all means use the one with worse boon/bane as fodder. The three inheritable skills he has (Aether, Heavy Blade, and Swordbreaker) are all highly valuable.

Ninferno

I am seeing a lot of people saying the free unit will be neutral IVs. Is that just assumed?

I guess it is a safe assumption because every free unit they have given were neutral. I really hope it's the case here too.

As someone with constantly terrible luck, I beg for the free gift to be guaranteed neutral; but that summoning screen (with 4 stones) they showed in the stream kinda makes me worry. I think there is a possibility for the free gift to go through the same summoning screen and animation, constituting the same 2nd layer gacha. I hope I'm just worrying too much.

So I've had a second (+DEF) Reinhardt sitting around in my barracks for a while now. Should I keep him around for Vantage 3 fodder or just merge him into my other (+ATK) Rein?

Firemind

As a someone with constantly terrible luck, I beg for the free gift to be guaranteed neutral; but that summoning screen (with 4 stones) they showed in the stream kinda makes me worry. I think there is a possibility for the free gift to go through the same summoning screen and animation, constituting the same 2nd level gacha. I hope I'm just worrying too much.
random is how they get you to spend money

Mr. Virus

I finally have it, my five stars streak broke !!!! Let's go Ta--

So who should I give the Brave Lance + I have almost every lancer in the game except Tana ofc

I have a +Atk/-Spd Abel and he is a killer in Pony Emblem, even without Death Blow. Will nuke any red unit and can deal decent damage to a fair number outside of that. Definitely hold on to him if you're running some horse teams.

Sterok

Beat Lunatic CC 9 + 10. Took a few attempts, including one where I failed the final map by a single turn, but Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Azura carried me all the way to map 9. Lucina/Ephraim/Nino/Olwen somehow made it through map 9 without any casualties, and then they rampaged through map 10 without a care in the world, with only Ephraim surviving to get the finishing blow on Ike. I had an extra team in reserve this time, but that was tough to figure out, especially Ursula's map. 11 + 12 is not going to be fun.

Mupod

Beat Lunatic CC 9 + 10. Took a few attempts, including one where I failed the final map by a single turn, but Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Azura carried me all the way to map 9. Lucina/Ephraim/Nino/Olwen somehow made it through map 9 without any casualties, and then they rampaged through map 10 without a care in the world, with only Ephraim surviving to get the finishing blow on Ike. I had an extra team in reserve this time, but that was tough to figure out, especially Ursula's map. 11 + 12 is not going to be fun.

I think I can do 11+12 as soon as I figure out a solution for the map with sonya/leon in a little defense tile fort, and mega tank from hell Saber blocking a choke point.

Fliers might be good there, but I need my fliers for an earlier map and they can't clear the turn limit one with all the mages holed up in a fortress. I'll need Hone Fliers and another Goad before I can even hope to take out that Celica.

lt519

Went sniping for a Hector, came away disappointed. Used up all my Tempest Trials and Turn Based map orbs. Now I'm too deep to stop as I get more orbs from Arena and dailies and the new monthly coming up.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Isn't it better to save orbs for CYL? Even after getting your free unit, all four units from that banner look OP as fuck.

Mupod

Isn't it better to save orbs for CYL? Even after getting your free unit, all four units from that banner look OP as fuck.

We have no idea what Lucina and Ike's stats are, and while Roy seems nice I don't really need him. And if you want that Ike to be really crazy then he needs a Distant Counter too.

I wonder if they actually only come with 1 skill though. I certainly don't think axe Ike will come with DC, but it can't hurt for me to wait and see.

Sushen

As a someone with constantly terrible luck, I beg for the free gift to be guaranteed neutral; but that summoning screen (with 4 stones) they showed in the stream kinda makes me worry. I think there is a possibility for the free gift to go through the same summoning screen and animation, constituting the same 2nd level gacha. I hope I'm just worrying too much.
I hear you. I'll be too scared to pull the free unit coming Thursday. There is 40 some percent chance it's going to be atk-/spd-. That's much higher than 3% 5* pity rate. Glass is half empty and cracked. Early birds get worms, but early worms get eaten, first.

Ondore

So the Gauntlet matchups are out: Ike (1) v Roy (2), Hector (3) v Chrom (4), Lyn (1) v Lucina (2) and Tharja (3) v Camilla (4) in R1.

Shouldn't it have been Ike/Chrom, Roy/Hector, Lyn/Camilla and Tharja/Lucina though?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm definitely hoping the free unit will be neutral. I have an entire roster of -atk and -spd units.

So the Gauntlet matchups are out: Ike (1) v Roy (2), Hector (3) v Chrom (4), Lyn (1) v Lucina (2) and Tharja (3) v Camilla (4) in R1.

Shouldn't it have been Ike/Chrom, Roy/Hector, Lyn/Camilla and Tharja/Lucina though?
Damn, a lot of those sound like they could be super close.

Man those female match-up are hard as fuck to gauge. Cool lady vs. Cool lady, sexy lady vs. sexy lady.

So I've had a second (+DEF) Reinhardt sitting around in my barracks for a while now. Should I keep him around for Vantage 3 fodder or just merge him into my other (+ATK) Rein?

I've been merging all the ones I get. I'm at +3 on rein now. One day maybe I'll finally get a maxed out super unit!

Mupod

See now this gauntlet is evenly matched enough that I wish they'd disable the stupid catchup mechanics they keep adding.

Weebos

Banned
Bamboo 竹;247208733 said:
So which team is better to pick if you want to farm those bonuses?

Are you asking which team is more likely to lose? Chrom or Roy I would guess, but its hard to say really. These are the Top 8 most popular from CYL, I imagine most matchups will be stalemates.

Serious question, this Tana and Amelia banner is on its way out, there isn't going to be a way to acquire more orbs before it's gone, just how game changing are these two units? I don't want to drop money on this game. However I'm super tempted to.

Weebos

Banned
Serious question, this Tana and Amelia banner is on its way out, there isn't going to be a way to acquire more orbs before it's gone, just how game changing are these two units? I don't want to drop money on this game. However I'm super tempted to.

They're strong, but it is likely at least one of them will join the 4 star pool (probably Amelia since she doesn't have a Legendary weapon).

Hold off on buying orbs. Those units will still be around even after their banner is over. It's never worth buying orbs just because you're afraid you'll miss out.

Those units are definitely super strong, but you can still clear stuff just fine without them.

They're strong, but it is likely at least one of them will join the 4 star pool (probably Amelia since she doesn't have a Legendary weapon).

Cool. Ty for being voices of reason lol

Mupod

Spend money if you want to support the game or open orbs for fun. Spending money because you want X unit is a quick ride to the salt mines.

But yeah, they are replaceable even in their roles, they are going into the normal pool of units in a few days, and they will return as focus units. For example the voting gauntlets and 'X skill users' banners are two ways they bring back certain focus heroes. Hell, how many times has Tharja been in a banner now? Don't worry about it too much.

Been pulling reds for days in hope for Tharja but all I got was some more units I already had and a 4 star Roy.
I was pulling red on the CYL today in hopes of getting Lyn or Lucina. used about 75 of the orbs I had saved up.

All i got was a 5* Sanaki with the absolute worst possible IVs. Makes it easy to not give this game money.

It would be really cool if Amelia went to 4*. I doubt it though. They've been kind of stingy about units going to 4* lately. Gray and Saber being 5* was incredibly strange. I wouldn't be surprised if only Seth goes to 4*.

But they will be on banners again in the future.

Weebos

Banned
It would be really cool if Amelia went to 4*. I doubt it though. They've been kind of stingy about units going to 4* lately. Gray and Saber being 5* was incredibly strange. I wouldn't be surprised if only Seth goes to 4*.

But they will be on banners again in the future.

I don't think there has been a 4 unit banner that didn't have 2 4 star demotions. Not yet anyway. I mean, they could do Seth and Innes (I wish), but they usually don't demote Legendary Weapon wielders if there are other options.

See now this gauntlet is evenly matched enough that I wish they'd disable the stupid catchup mechanics they keep adding.

Don't be ridiculous. You're making a stupid logic mistake, still.

If it was evenly matched like you think it is, the mechanics would never trigger, and so you should have no problem with it. Chrom VS ephraim isn't happening again, certainly not with any reliability.

Because it will never be evenly matched, all it does is give some motivation for anyone not picking team Ike/Lucina to actually participate in the gauntlet. It doesn't even make a difference to the winner most of the time, because it's not supposed to be a guarenteed win. When did it even actually make a difference to the final result? That one Gaius match last time?

Don't be ridiculous. You're making a stupid logic mistake, still.

If it was evenly matched like you think it is, the mechanics would never trigger, and so you should have no problem with it. Chrom VS ephraim isn't happening again, certainly not with any reliability.

Because it will never be evenly matched, all it does is give some motivation for anyone not picking team Ike/Lucina to actually participate in the gauntlet. It doesn't even make a difference to the winner most of the time, because it's not supposed to be a guarenteed win. When did it even actually make a difference to the final result? That one Gaius match last time?

Chrom vs Ephraim would've triggered that multiplier off the first hour, and almost certainly would've proceeded to ruin the match because of it

also writing off Lyn already? lol

Etria

For my free summons, I got 3* Eliwood from the female CYL banner, and then 5* Roy from the male banner. Roy is +HP/-SPD though. Thoughts on how to build him?

Sushen

Yay, I got Lucina for free. She's atk-, but doesn't matter because she's going to join rest of herself becoming +3! She's my fav character that I don't use her enough nowadays. I opened my wallet for the first time for her.

She's becoming my first +3 unit. Hopefully, that took away some of bad IVs from the CYL banner, Thursday .

You underestimate Lyn's popularity.

Nah. Lyn won the CYL vote, but barely anyone voted for any other characters from her game other than hector. After them, the next highest was Dorcas at 21st, which were joke votes, and then Eliwood all the way down at 36th. Meanwhile, awakening had 13 characters above the main lord of the game Lyn is in, all getting votes that the awakening crowd will put on to Tharja or Lucina.

Plus,vanilla Lucina has been a banner unit like 4 times including the latest one, where vanilla Lyn is only just now getting her second appearance after the release banners. There will be significantly more Lucinas in the game than Lyns.

Plus Lucina is a better unit in Heroes than Lyn on top of everything else...

Basically the only hope Lyn has is if Tharja splits the awakening vote a large amount.

NSESN

Nah. Lyn won the CYL vote, but barely anyone voted for any other characters from her game other than hector. After them, the next highest was Dorcas at 21st, which were joke votes, and then Eliwood all the way down at 36th. Meanwhile, awakening had 13 characters above the main lord of the game Lyn is in, all getting votes that the awakening crowd will put on to Tharja or Lucina.

Plus,vanilla Lucina has been a banner unit like 4 times including the latest one, where vanilla Lyn is only just now getting her second appearance after the release banners. There will be significantly more Lucinas in the game than Lyns.

Plus Lucina is a better unit in Heroes than Lyn on top of everything else...

Basically the only hope Lyn has is if Tharja splits the awakening vote a large amount.
Game popularity is meaningless. Ephraim won against Chrom. And you forget that Lucina have a lot of haters, in fact Lyn is the only female that doesn't have a large haterbase.

Firemind

For my free summons, I got 3* Eliwood from the female CYL banner, and then 5* Roy from the male banner. Roy is +HP/-SPD though. Thoughts on how to build him?
Don't unless you need more heroes for Arena Assault. -Spd is awful and Brave Roy is superior in every way.

Top Bottom