• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Was talking about pally which has mostly switched to anyfin to counter the meta. Anyfin package is just better in the metagame right now.

Also yeah, Nzoth isn't leaving anything, i just think it will decline from being the premiere lategame wincon to being one of the lategame wincon with better fatigue lists, razakus and jades (UI) getting better.
Wasn't Anyfin always better? I've always found it far more difficult to deal with, at least.

Game is gonna be fucking horrific for nearly three months

Might have to go Wild or Arena for a while
Wild is way more toxic than Standard right now, unfortunately. :(

i swear, i don't see skulking geist anywhere on ladder when play other deck, but i switch to jade idol deck, everyone has one on curve. but, that's why i made hybrid naga giants crossed with jade deck, cause either way i bleed out a bunch of 8/8 cancer!

https://hsreplay.net/replay/9vANv5QBhNCVFtSxizVQdH

naga is super good with ultimate infestation, since if it draws any of the giants, they are almost guaranteed to be free. therefore u are getting half a hand full of cards, 2 5/5s guaranteed, plus free 8/8(s?). this will happen twice during the game if ur lucky and it forces tf out of removal which can let the jades start jammin. you can drop black knight or mulch for another giant for sure, but maybe the 4 mana ramp would be better since you just want to ramp , draw, and drop big things anyway.

here's my last game, this is why naga needs to die lol BUT, if you drop it and a bunch of 8/8s, you really force your opponent and if they don't have removal, it's just win. ultimate infestation on mana 6, + free 8/8s = yes
https://hsreplay.net/replay/PN6jY3VFu2ra9pd6h7Lp2A
No answer to Naga is the worst. I can't deal with the 5-mana UI.

That deck needs to die before it was born.

rahji

played against a control mage. He was losing and played yogg and it casted sap on my buffed highmane, gave him an iceblock and cleared the rest of my board. wtf, the perfect answer.

next game: shaman evolves a 1 and a 2 drop. He gets wickerflame and millhouse manastorm. what did I get from my jeweled macaw? silverback patriach and pantry spider. Well, thanks rng!

people are lucky today

How does the Priest Brawl deck not have Raza?!?

Oof this Brawl, really let's you see how Blizzard thought the classes would turn out.

Playing this idiotic Tempo Warrior deck:
b7e.jpg

After years and years of not having him -- I've been playing consistently since closed beta -- I finally managed to pull Archmage Antonidas...

in Golden form! Bless you, Blizzard, for removing legendary dupes from packs.

OTK Quest Mage, here I come! :D :D :D

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What is the best priest list currently?

TankUP

After years and years of not having him -- I've been playing consistently since closed beta -- I finally managed to pull Archmage Antonidas...

Congrats! Archmage was my first golden legendary on NA and my first ever legendary on BOTH EU and Asia servers. Me and him are tight.

Hycran

Banned

Good to get dust before the season ends. I need it to craft Raza as I'm close to golden Mage and I'm down to three classes to rank with.

You require my assistance?

wiibomb

Man Oktober Brawl has completely backfired it only shows the frustrations as a new player on ladder.

are people really watching it? I forgot after yesterday and I don't see much hype into it since the people playing are running terrible decks because of limitations

are people really watching it? I forgot after yesterday and I don't see much hype into it since the people playing are running terrible decks because of limitations

Watched Krip get annihilated with his budget zoo deck.

Should have done a 24 hour challenge where streamers use a new account and try to get as high on the ladder as possible.

IceMarker

Just getting to 10 is a fucking chore when you only want to play Tier 2 decks and not being a slobbering piece of shit Druid or Raza Priest.

wiibomb

Ben takes a little more about the Naga sea witch change:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/6zw2kp/nerfs_will_go_live_on_september_18th/dmyl6ko/

one important extract:

We made the change because we think these rules are easier to understand because they're more consistent with other parts of the game, not because we wanted to buff Naga Sea Witch. We were worried about it's power level and have been watching the play/win reports in Wild. Right now it's not one of the best decks, but it could grow in winrate as players get more practice. If it does become a big problem, we'd probably nerf Naga Sea Witch, rather than reverting the rules change.

IceMarker

Yes people who play good decks are pieces of shit.

At least I have the common decency to avoid these decks, even with the cards available to me.

Who the fuck am I convincing, this shit happens every meta and people who abuse certain deck's slightly absurd power levels are never going away.

Fuck me for trying to have fun in Ranked, right?

wiibomb

Change the Mana cost to 10 it's the only way players will understand a change to the card

if they ever change the card, I believe it will take at least 2 months from now... I think wild is optimized much slower than standard and they still need a lot of data to just consider the nerf

G.ZZZ

I hope they change it to "Battlecry: your next card cost 5" so i can still play giant hunter.

Hunter sucks feelsbadman

TankUP

Spent my entire lunch hour trying to earn my pack in TB. Someone on reddit said Mage was good, I love ele Mage, queued it up, didn't draw the DK even once. Everyone just went wide and burst me down and I never got board clears from glyph or from my deck.

I also just realized that, in addition to my shiny new golden Toni, I also have golden Open the Waygate. I'm almost tempted to craft two golden Sorcerer's Apprentices now, just to complete a golden Quest Mage set.

Spent my entire lunch hour trying to earn my pack in TB. Someone on reddit said Mage was good, I love ele Mage, queued it up, didn't draw the DK even once. Everyone just went wide and burst me down and I never got board clears from glyph or from my deck.

I had a Win 5 Druid/Rogue quest, so played as Druid. I won 5 in a row.

wiibomb

this is weird.

I found the hunter recipe deck to be good. I kind if want to try it for real since it has been so consistent for me.

I would change just come cards like abominable bowman and umbra, aside from that I liked it.

this is weird.

I found the hunter recipe deck to be good. I kind if want to try it for real since it has been so consistent for me.

I would change just come cards like abominable bowman and umbra, aside from that I liked it.

N'Zoth Hunter isn't that bad right now and after the nerfs come in it's going to be even better because you won't have to worry as much about aggro. It also shits all over Raza Priest from my experience because you get on board faster and they don't have enough ways to deal with everything you play. Not to mention Deathstalker is essentially GG if you get it up reasonably early.

wiibomb

N'Zoth Hunter isn't that bad right now and after the nerfs come in it's going to be even better because you won't have to worry as much about aggro. It also shits all over Raza Priest from my experience because you get on board faster and they don't have enough ways to deal with everything you play. Not to mention Deathstalker is essentially GG if you get it up reasonably early.

I'll definitely have to make the deck to at least try it.

I don't have DK rexxar, but I'll consider crafting it after checking the deck post nerfs.

Ladekabel

Got one in my brawl pack, too! lol

Played the brawl with Mage. Really like Jaina DK but ma boi Anduin comes first.

KLoWn

This twitch Prime garbage is the worst thing ever...

I've spent the last hour trying to get this shit to work, but all I get is "Oh no! We can’t enable Twitch Prime on your account."...

Doesn't this work in Sweden or something? Anyone got any ides?

Tunoku

This just happened to me in Arena:

I'm on Hunter, opponent is Rogue.

Turn 1: Jeweled Macaw, get Hungry Crab
Opponent Turn 1: Coin, Bilefin Tidehunter
Turn 2: I draw Elven Archer
Opponent Turn 2: "Smart moves. I concede."

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The tavern brawl cemented by desire to craft jaina. Lots of fun. Not all the crappy elemental and freeze synergy though.

It's also fun to play average decks against other average decks.

ZeroX03

Banned
Um wild is already nothing but priests and giant decks.

Wild is way more toxic than Standard right now, unfortunately. :(

Arena it is then lmao

Got one in my brawl pack, too! lol

I think I got my Archmage from a Brawl pack a while back too. Great evergreen Legendary to pull.

The tavern brawl cemented by desire to craft jaina. Lots of fun. Not all the crappy elemental and freeze synergy though.

It's also fun to play average decks against other average decks.

I'm super tempted to craft it, especially since I have a golden Baron Geddon.....but as I mentioned earlier, I don't really play Mage anymore since I already reached 500 wins.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Playing arena and watch someone make a dozne huge errors and still win because of a topdeck

I wonder if someday Archbishop Benedictus will be an essential craft for a deck.
He's used right now. You play Benedictus, and then Hemet Nesingwary. Now your deck is nothing but the expensive cards from both decks put together, so you have a high chance of getting double Lich Kings and such.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
He's used right now. You play Benedictus, and then Hemet Nesingwary. Now your deck is nothing but the expensive cards from both decks put together, so you have a high chance of getting double Lich Kings and such.

You play hemet to quickly get to your raza, shadowreaper and benedictus. Then you benedictus so you don't fatigue.

Top Bottom