• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 18 EASHL (PS4) Famous Yet Nameless

Delryk

Ive heard good things about Mad Max. Especially for $5.

But Im swamped between Destiny, NHL, Golf Story, and Stardew Valley Switch.

Might get back into Isaac and I want to get Cuphead. Too many games.

Anyone up for games tonight.

so many good games... freaking Battle Chasers is an indie JRPG style game that looks pretty cool for an indie game... and Dragon Dogma, oh my. i loved that game on 360.. the remastered looks pretty with the updated gfx and that's a 60+ hr game.. lol. for 30 bucks.

Delryk

i should be there around 8h30-9h00 tonight... eating out at a 5 course fucking restaurant. lol good but slow as shit.. and over $100 a head without drinks...

you have to reserve 6months in advance.. so it's a special thing

Stat!

I thought you were talking about the mad max movie lol

Anyone playing tonight?

I'll be on tonight!

jesus christ.. mad max movie the classics are fucking amazing. the new one, not so much. ROFL

The new one isn't so good? Are you mad?

i should be there around 8h30-9h00 tonight... eating out at a 5 course fucking restaurant. lol good but slow as shit.. and over $100 a head without drinks...

you have to reserve 6months in advance.. so it's a special thing

What restaurant? I actually know quite a few Montreal restaurants that are more famous and really good/expensive.

Milly79

Damn, well unless Vis gets on no way I'll be up then. I go to bed around 9cst, as I work at 6am. I'm off Sunday/Thursday, so the nights prior I can play later.

Delryk

I'll be on tonight!

The new one isn't so good? Are you mad?

What restaurant? I actually know quite a few Montreal restaurants that are more famous and really good/expensive.

Doode i live 30mins from Montreal and the restaurant is atleast 50mins from Montreal...

but here it is

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g4338843-d3807346-Reviews-Restaurant_L_Angeluc-Saint_Alexandre_Quebec.html

if you really want to know.. lol

Funny thing about this place is it's out of nowhere... like it's a village of 500 people... lol

13thStep

Doode i live 30mins from Montreal and the restaurant is atleast 50mins from Montreal...

but here it is

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g4338843-d3807346-Reviews-Restaurant_L_Angeluc-Saint_Alexandre_Quebec.html

if you really want to know.. lol

Funny thing about this place is it's out of nowhere... like it's a village of 500 people... lol

Unfortunately, I do not read French, so I can't decipher their menu. However, the pics of the food looks very good. I have never really had French cuisine (when we went to Montreal, we only went to bars and stuff, then went to some steak house) and I always wanted to try it. Maybe not snails though...probably not snails...def not snails lol

Delryk

Unfortunately, I do not read French, so I can't decipher their menu. However, the pics of the food looks very good. I have never really had French cuisine (when we went to Montreal, we only went to bars and stuff, then went to some steak house) and I always wanted to try it. Maybe not snails though...probably not snails...def not snails lol

Snails are freaking the best doode.. in garlic.. OMMMGGG..

When we do Raclettes at home we always get snails and shrimps and throw them on there with garlic butter.. sooo good!

Wait.. are raclette grills a french thing? I dont think so..

13thStep

Snails are freaking the best doode.. in garlic.. OMMMGGG..

When we do Raclettes at home we always get snails and shrimps and throw them on there with garlic butter.. sooo good!

Wait.. are raclette grills a french thing? I dont think so..

I have never heard of raclette grills...so, maybe? lol

::edit:: Looked it up, looks like raclette is a swiss dish.

Milly79

Lol all the other TBNers used to rave about that shit. Never had it when I came up there, lol. Just Jack Astors or shit we have in America.

Wait, not sure if we have Boston Pizza.

Delryk

Lol all the other TBNers used to rave about that shit. Never had it when I came up there, lol. Just Jack Astors or shit we have in America.

Wait, not sure if we have Boston Pizza.

Ya Jack Astors and Boston Pizza is super popular in Ontario.. theres also Shoeless Joe's and Philty McNasty's thats getting up there but those are more sports bar and grills

St-Hubert, Scores, Bennys, Swiss Chalet are all just chicken type dishes with fries.. nothing specisl but dirt cheap so always busy

We got a join req from Wingsfan.

If you are a gaffer, post in here so we know and we will talk about getting you on the club

Btw Stat, Delryk and I are ready to play. Milly?

Oshimai

kovalchuk-prudential-center-bennett.jpg

So Asian.

13thStep

So I fucked around as a goalie in 3 drop in games. Gave 2 goals, 2 goals, 5 goals. Anyone have any experience playing goalie? I think Stat does (not sure if you were kidding). Do I need to do anything to make a save or is it more just be in front of the puck and the game will do its own save animation?

I was hitting R2 to make saves and basically I was sliding all over the place in butterfly and would get killed on rebounds.

Any tips or anything like that would be really helpful.

Stat!

So I fucked around as a goalie in 3 drop in games. Gave 2 goals, 2 goals, 5 goals. Anyone have any experience playing goalie? I think Stat does (not sure if you were kidding). Do I need to do anything to make a save or is it more just be in front of the puck and the game will do its own save animation?

I was hitting R2 to make saves and basically I was sliding all over the place in butterfly and would get killed on rebounds.

Any tips or anything like that would be really helpful.

Firstly, drop-ins really suck.

Saves are automatic. You have to be in the best position and it will make its own save animation but sometimes, there is a bit of luck. Like your goalie should have an easy glove save but doesn't move his glove enough.

I think you can switch your goalie controls so R2 doesn't slide around as much,. Unfortunately, quality of teammates varies in drop-ins so ideally, your rebounds should be your defenders responsibilities.

13thStep

Yeah, rebounds were automatic goals bc no one was there to clear then away. It's ok though, I don't care much bc it's drop ins. Just want to try to get better

Stat!

Whenever they changed the goalie controls it became booty to play as a goalie.

Totally 100% agree.

Yeah, rebounds were automatic goals bc no one was there to clear then away. It's ok though, I don't care much bc it's drop ins. Just want to try to get better

Practice helps but goalie controls are really tough in this game and not fun. Personally, Im excited to go against a human goalie in EASHL because I think its 100x easier than a CPU Goalie

13thStep

Playing goalie is still kinda fun for me. I used to be a goalie when I was in my teens and 20s, so I enjoy it. Just want to keep the drop in team in it and not get blown out lol

Stat!

Playing goalie is still kinda fun for me. I used to be a goalie when I was in my teens and 20s, so I enjoy it. Just want to keep the drop in team in it and not get blown out lol

More power to you. I think goalie is fun, just needs lots of fixing so dont feel too bad if you give up rebounds. I personally think crosscreases and rebounds aren't a goalies fault in EA NHL Games

Top Bottom