• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT16| The Last Thread🛈

shira

misc-fEEd.png
dac15_tired.gif
misc-fEEd.png
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3469576128
wtf 0-5 mid 295 gpm
EE channeling nofail

52club

Sumail so young and still maturing. I’m glad he has held back because it sounds like he probably made a mistake a lot of people make when they are young.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Buff slark and legion. Also necronomicon

Sibylus

Banned
techies does need a buff though

BUFF PHOENIX
bc_fire.gif
bc_fire.gif

Buff slark and legion. Also necronomicon

give phoenix the highest base regen in the game

more damage to spirits (% based?)

buff drow

buff sandy claws

buff dis-raptor

buff skeleton king

These speak for me.

Had brutal day at work and thought "Hmm maybe I'll be super lucky and log on to find a surprise patch". No patch, still in low prio, still ded game.

Who are the most difficult heroes for Icefrog to balance (or the ones that he would probably view as the most challenging)? Alchemist and Invoker are probably in the top 5.

Sibylus

Banned
In no particular order:

• Invoker
  • Morphling
  • Legion Commander
  • Ember Spirit (past)
  • Arc Warden
  • Necrophos
  • Meepo
  • Techies
  • Winter Wyvern
  • Earth Spirit

Qvoth

he's using the same argument mobile legends did right?
i think valve will probably send him cease and desist and he'll comply, doubt he has the money and balls to fight in the court

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
didn't realize huskar's base damage was so bad. had a completely free lane against a lina but I still ended up at 44@10 which opendota assigned a 77% to it. also failed in my armlet toggling mega hard dying to rosh early and plenty more times so I got a bit of practice to do. need to have huskar down as pocket pick which should take like 3 games to really understand the hero

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
birb hero #2
swain-northern-front.jpg

I'm just burning time till odyssey GOTY

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Here are the Dev's thoughts
Thank you for dropping by and your thoughts.
I myself am a huge fan of Dota 2 and a regular player, so good to see someone else spotted it out.
However, rather than "taking" them, I would use the word "inspired from". Our characters are simply inspired from D2 out of our love for those heroes/characters, we donot take any elements or concept from the game itself.
As Voltaire put it, ”Originality is nothing but judicious imitation. The most original writers borrowed one from another."

How about copyright?

I am not a legal expert at it but pretty sure the heroes themselves are not copyrighted as they are derived from WC3/Dota 1. The copyright itself exists for Dota 2 logo, name/title and maybe other things.
We have not taken any concepts from Dota 2 or using its name or even hero names, we have only inspired our characters from the look of D2 characters (or you can even say WC3 charas) because we love how they look and felt good for the setting.

Again, if we are breaking any copyrights, Valve would have noticed it as the Game, store page and the build goes through a manual review process and passed it.

So this guy does not understand copyright law at all. Even if the characters concepts are public domain (Which is one of the things that the maker of Mobile Legends was trying to argue in their court case with Valve/Blizard), the specific artistic renditions in Dota 2 are owned by Valve, and this guy does not have the rights them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, a bartender got me wasted with 2 drinks, what do? I don't know if he just made then stronger than expected, or the lack of other stuff in my system is making it comparably stronger. I also had a shot of gin 4 1/2 hours ago, and a vodka + red bull at this dance club.

shira

Guys, a bartender got me wasted with 2 drinks, what do? I don't know if he just made then stronger than expected, or the lack of other stuff in my system is making it comparably stronger. I also had a shot of gin 4 1/2 hours ago, and a vodka + red bull at this dance club.

big tip
kunk-rum.gif
misc-moneybag.gif

cyborgmatt said:
Matt's making dota.gg
chuckle.gif

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Had it with getting outgreeded and losing late in yolo q. About to start running jungle troll b/c why not
tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Chris R

Got to eat before you drink.

Just like you got to drink before you play another game on this patch.

Nah I'm kidding, I'm just playing anything but all pick now lul

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

all random it up

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I ate a bit, but it was pretty light. Feeling slightly hung over, but nothing too bad, I think once I get a bit of water in me I'll be good.

Top Bottom