• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Ladekabel

I should be able to use something like Hola to activate a non German Wolfenstein 2 key through the browser and then play the game in offline modus, right?

No Steam release for me this month though. Just Destiny 2 and Mario. Killing Nazis 2 has to wait a month.

Can someone direct me to the right modbot help thread please?
I can't find the "If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding." instructions.

madjoki

I should be able to use something like Hola to activate a non German Wolfenstein 2 key through the browser and then play the game in offline modus, right?

No Steam release for me this month though. Just Destiny 2 and Mario. Killing Nazis 2 has to wait a month.

You can activate key, but you need real vpn to download & start and then can play in offline I think. (after ~90 days it will be region free)

kionedrik

A Hat in Time comes out this month? I had no idea... Feels like it has been "coming soon" for an eternity.
This has reminded me I should check Kickstarter to see whatever happened to some projects I backed in 2013/14.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can someone direct me to the right modbot help thread please?
I can't find the "If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding." instructions.

What happens if I want to repost a game that's already been posted?
Scenario 1: I posted a game and no one claimed it. I want to repost it with less restrictive rules.​
No problem, just create a new giveaway with the same game. ModBot will update the rules no problem.​
Scenario 2: I claimed a game and found out I already have it or don't want it. / I posted a game and someone claimed it and found out they didn't want it or already have it.​
First, please don't enter for games you don't want. If you think it's likely you'll buy the game, just don't enter. Don't enter every giveaway just because it's there. Enter the giveaways you want most. Be fair to other people.
Second, now that the mistake has been made, you can fix it. Send a PM to ModBot with the subject line nuke. In the body, place the keys or URLs you wish to nuke one per line. The keys you should use are the actual, original serial keys, NOT the ModBot MB- codes. You will not receive a response. After a few minutes, you can submit a new giveaway with the key or URL and it will work fine.​
Scenario 3: I just did scenario 2, but ModBot still won't accept the key.​
This sometimes happens, especially with redemption URLs. In this case, if you are 100% sure that the key/URL is not claimed, add an ampersand at the end of the URL when you submit it in your new giveaway.​
For example, if ModBot is marking http://www.humblebundle.com/?key=NOTAREALKEY as taken, submit http://www.humblebundle.com/?key=NOTAREALKEY&.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I thought Rogue Trooper was actually kinda fun back then. I might check out that remake for the right price.
Nothing else really speaks to me this month, no idea why Wolf II isn't doing much for me since I loved Wolf I

xist

FEAR 3's Single Player worth playing for $5?

I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the second one as well. The campaign was pretty fun (although far too many multiplayer achievements) and the only real complaint I had was that the levels locked off backtracking. The trilogy (plus expansions) is almost perenially available on Bundlestars for around that price (although apparently not at the moment...) so if you're not desperate and don't have the other two I'd probably suggest you wait until it's back, assuming it does come back.

Legitimately the only thing putting me on the fence with Wolfenstein 2 on whether I wait for a sale or get it early is if the game has an auto-pickup option this time around. It was such a nuisance in the first game having to pick up all the ammo, armour, and health manually when the game that doesn't have the kind of inventory system to make it a meaningful interaction.

Tizoc

I'm guessing Figment clocks at arouuuuuuuuund 10 hours or so? If you can get it for $10 it'd be worth it.
I'm getting some odd slowdowns on my rig, GTX 970M, but after disabling in-game AA the slowdowns stopped.

Even in co-op I couldn't find much value in that campaign. It's cheap and it's short so you might as well check it out for yourself but I would lower my expectations significantly before starting.

Legitimately the only thing putting me on the fence with Wolfenstein 2 on whether I wait for a sale or get it early is if the game has an auto-pickup option this time around. It was such a nuisance in the first game having to pick up all the ammo, armour, and health manually when the game that doesn't have the kind of inventory system to make it a meaningful interaction.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that auto pickup is in. And I agree, it was quite annoying to do it manually in the first game.

Okay I tried searching for it which led me to this Steam forum thread where the guy says auto pickup is finally implemented. He later cites this video as his source. I've avoided watching Wolf 2 footage so you're going to have to verify it yourself.

Xater

Fuck I forgot about the whole Wolfestein dilemma here in Germany. Now I have to debate if I even get it at launch. I don't want to be stuck with a useless key.

xist

I'm guessing Figment clocks at arouuuuuuuuund 10 hours or so? If you can get it for $10 it'd be worth it.
I'm getting some odd slowdowns on my rig, GTX 970M, but after disabling in-game AA the slowdowns stopped.

Probably just like everyone else I've got a 33% discount coupon that expires in a couple of days. If by some chance anyone doesn't have one and wants it it's yours.

@JaseC Thanks.

Turns out I already had the game, from Ucchedavāda's big giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Rude Bear Resurrection -- MB-8B7175A71ACDFE33 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1506867962z1.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can't wait for AC:Origins

Might get WWE 2k18 even though it'll be basic, but at least it's day and date this year with consoles

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's a great time for fans of 3D Platformers. (like me!)

Cautiously optimistic about AC Origins. I'll probably wait a couple of months before buying it, though.

Hell of a month.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that auto pickup is in. And I agree, it was quite annoying to do it manually in the first game.

Okay I tried searching for it which led me to this Steam forum thread where the guy says auto pickup is finally implemented. He later cites this video as his source. I've avoided watching Wolf 2 footage so you're going to have to verify it yourself.
I checked it out and it does indeed seem to be the case! That's awesome, thanks. Now I'm properly excited.

Mivey

Fuck I forgot about the whole Wolfestein dilemma here in Germany. Now I have to debate if I even get it at launch. I don't want to be stuck with a useless key.
It's nice the way they handle it in Austria. Can't buy ROW on the regular store, but ROW keys unlock just fine. No VPN or anything needed. It's debatable for sure, but I even believe they could just have the ROW on the store. The law in Austria doesn't hinge on something being "art" to be exempt (like in Germany) , just being a cultural artifact is enough (and not used to glorify nazism, of course.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't even download it for three motnhs? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

You wouldn't get in trouble for using a VPN to activate, download and play the game, for what it's worth. It's using a VPN on the Steam Store itself that Valve takes issue with.

Just popping in to say that this is a great thread title.

And, as usual, props to Tizoc for the multitude of spotlight reviews he puts up in the OP.

MadGear

You can activate key, but you need real vpn to download & start and then can play in offline I think. (after ~90 days it will be region free)

Wait, is this real? I have never heard of this before. If this is true I should really get the non-german version of the Wolfestein games asap. I can easily wait 90 days to play these games (or really any other game).

仙劍奇俠傳7/Chinese Paladin 7 was announced. No screens yet, but 4-6 and the prequel to 5 are on Steam.

And all in Chinese sadly.
7 is supposed to come out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

C4rter

If you want it uncut the only way to go is activating via VPN or something similar and waiting for three month before you can play it.

I dont know why but I am most excited for Elex this month. I beat Risen 3 this summer and it was a lot of fun, even with all the jank. I just love to explore. Destiny 2 has really taken a backseat with this delay, I will still get it day 1 probably but I feel like all the stories and news about Destiny over the past 4 weeks have burned me out.

I dont know why but I am most excited for Elex this month. I beat Risen 3 this summer and it was a lot of fun, even with all the jank. I just love to explore. Destiny 2 has really taken a backseat with this delay, I will still get it day 1 probably but I feel like all the stories and news about Destiny over the past 2 weeks have burned me out.

I hear you. Elex is definitely something I'm looking forward to but I'm not sure I'll be able to play it properly at release. I'm currently playing Divinity 2 in co-op with a friend and I think that game might last until next year. Then there are all the interesting looking games coming out at the end of October too.

I did buy a cheapish Nvidia key for Destiny 2 but from what I've been reading since the console launch it seems like a pretty shallow game that is lacking in content. I'm not going to pay for DLC or expansions unless I feel that the base game was actually worth it so Destiny 2 might be a shortlived experience for me.

Ted

Only tangentially Steam related but.... I bought my GPU today! Now I just need to find a motherboard, RAM, PSU and hard drive and I can build an actual gaming computer. Awesome!

Sorry, very excited.

Back to your usual scheduled broadcast...

yuraya

Looks like Steam just reached 16 million concurrent users.

And I was just about to post the other day that 15.5 maybe the ceiling for a while after the peak has been hovering around that area for a few weeks now. There is just no stopping this beast I guess. On to 17.

Nabs

And I was just about to post the other day that 15.5 maybe the ceiling for a while after the peak has been hovering around that area for a few weeks now. There is just no stopping this beast I guess. On to 17.

They need to send Playerunknown a gift basket.

I look forward to the thread downplaying this accomplishment.

Nzyme32

They need to send Playerunknown a gift basket.

There must be some unexplained influx of uncles around the world.

Seems its not just PUBG (although that is obviously a large part) top 100 numbers are up in general. Some good new games bringing people in / waking folks up. Total Warhammer 2 and Divinity OS2 doing damn good, Xcom 2, Cuphead, Stelaris doing sound also.

Also I am playing Half-Life: CAGED

It bloody awesome! Set it to hard difficult and it feels so good. Dieing regularly but combat is fun and tense. I remember why I always think the AI in HL1 is way better than HL2, even if a bit more scripted to certain actions.

Total Warhammer 2 is a blast... but I wish it launched with its cross-game megacampaign. The scenario campaign in 2, like the goals and stuff, have been its weakest elements so far.

Nah. There are so many better shooters and action games out there, play one of them instead.

F3AR isn't terrible or anything, just mediocre. And disappointing, considering the legacy of FEAR and even FEAR 2. You'll walk away from playing it wondering why you did. (This is where I'm at.)
How do I hold all these games.

You take turns.

Turn-based was the theme of September.

Parsnip

Damn, it's October already.

AC Origins is getting close and I don't know if I have the budget to anything else this month.

Time to win the lottery or something.

Top Bottom