• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

that whole mcdonald's sauce thing made for some fun twitter entertainment

ykiFkJsW_400x400.jpg

Sweet jesus no

So is Rick and Morty the thing Community fans latched onto when that show ended?
Honestly, yes. And I adored Community (I own every season) but Rick and Morty has surpassed Community imho.

But goddammit, The R&M fanbase is becoming toxic and I want to slowly creep away from it. But still enjoy the show but the fans...oooh boy.

Fans are questionable when they build their persona around the media they consume.

...except Giant Bomb fans, of course. I’m fire boylt!!

GBGaf! I just thought of a story from the other night that I meant to tell you.

I went to see Steel Panther/Stone Sour at a concert venue around here, and I saw a guy with a 500th Bombcast shirt on. Imagine looking across a concert place and seeing a balloon lucha deer!

I walked over to the guy, tapped him on the shoulder (nicely), and said "Dude, sick shirt!" because I was excited.

He gave me the blankest dead stare ever and said "Uh. Okay.".

GBers in the wild are jerks, hahaha.

Some people are just weird about being complimented in any way.

I guess, but you shouldn't go FLAUNTING it like that if you don't want some mentioning it to you. /s

But you're probably right. I love when people come up to me about the shirts/hoodies I'm wearing, but I'm also outgoing and like BSing with random people, haha.

Last year we (friends/I) went to a haunted house and I had a Bullet Club hoodie on. The one worker kid stopped trying to scare everyone for a minute to run over and "Too Sweet" me. It was super awesome (to me)!

I went to see Steel Panther/Stone Sour at a concert venue around here, and I saw a guy with a 500th Bombcast shirt on. Imagine looking across a concert place and seeing a balloon lucha deer!

I walked over to the guy, tapped him on the shoulder (nicely), and said "Dude, sick shirt!" because I was excited.

What a crappy reaction. I'd be happy to finally see a GB fan in the wild. The only GB fan I know IRL is my best friend. I've yet to see one in the wild (in Belgium).

New favorite Yakuza 0 line: "I ain't a cob of corn, so don't bother butterin' me up." The localization in this game is too good.

Ashby

Did he follow that up by complaining about how bad UPF is?

Are people really mad about sauce

They haven't been this mad since whatever bullshit happened in the world last week, but people are honestly fucking livid about it apparently.

What a crappy reaction. I'd be happy to finally see a GB fan in the wild. The only GB fan I know IRL is my best friend. I've yet to see one in the wild (in Belgium).

I don't REALLY judge him for not being thrilled about me going up to him, but it's a freaking GB t-shirt. Super niche. I would absolutely love anyone coming up to me when I have a Whiskey Media shirt on and talking to me about GB.

Hell, when I was in Kentucky a few months ago, I wore my normal Luchadeer shirt to the bar we went to for the night, and the hostess was like "Is that a deer? With a mexican mask on?". I was stoked as shit and talked to her about it for a few minutes. She had no idea what it was from, but it was at least a convo starter, haha.

Did he follow that up by complaining about how bad UPF is?

That would have made my day. "Ugh, you probably like UPF" and just completely blows me off.

I guess, but you shouldn't go FLAUNTING it like that if you don't want some mentioning it to you. /s

But you're probably right. I love when people come up to me about the shirts/hoodies I'm wearing, but I'm also outgoing and like BSing with random people, haha.

Last year we (friends/I) went to a haunted house and I had a Bullet Club hoodie on. The one worker kid stopped trying to scare everyone for a minute to run over and "Too Sweet" me. It was super awesome (to me)!

I'm sorry dude, I was your PICKLE RICK shirt and didn't know how to react.

I've only seen a few scattered episodes of Rick and Morty so I don't necessarily have much of an opinion on any of this, but man, that show's fanbase is... odd. Anything popular online is clearly going to have pockets of shitty fans, but the toxic portions of R&M's fanbase don't even seem like the type who would even like the show. Pickle Rick is one of the handful of episodes I've seen, and it is really fucking hard to understand how these knuckledraggers rioting at a McDonalds could be into the kind of show that spends the final five minutes of an episode on heavy character stuff the way that ep does.

(I guess I also just tend to have too much faith in people; I was also bewildered by the huge amount of Breaking Bad fans who continued to root for Walter as if he were a hero.)

robotrock

Banned
if you search for "pickle rick" in the neogaf search function, most results point towards the giant bomb community threads.

are we the bad guys?

hamchan

GBers online are jerks too so I am not surprised.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Reposting from the old thread but I just beat ECHO and it was shockingly good. Its a stealth game and doesn't become much more then that, but its overall one of the most cohesive games I have ever played

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Cuphead or Stardew....I just can't decide :/

About how long did it take you to finish?

Steam says 7 hours, though I'm probably going to go back for some collectibles

Only thing I'll say for anyone going in is: Chapter 5 opens with a bullshit challenge. You'll think you can't do it, and its a trick, there's a different way through

oti

Banned
Playing a lot of Stardew the last couple of days. Love it.

Wondering whether I should start Uncharted Lost Legacy now or later (aka after Mario Odyssey). 🤔

It's pretty easy, actually. Are you in the mood for adrenaline or relaxation?

Tagyhag

To be fair, dude could have just been socially awkward. So don't feel too bad.

I was randomly complimented on my shirt before by a stranger and I didn't know how to react. I did appreciate the compliment but I never know how to react to anything so it might have been the same with that guy. Don't take it personally.

- J - D -

On more than one ocassion I've complimented someone's shirt and their response was "do you want it?"

Is this a thing that people usually say? I didn't know how to respond except with an awkward "haha, what? no."

Steam says 7 hours, though I'm probably going to go back for some collectibles

Only thing I'll say for anyone going in is: Chapter 5 opens with a bullshit challenge. You'll think you can't do it, and its a trick, there's a different way through

That's not bad, I might try and play through it this week.

In Germany I complimented a guy wearing a Deus Ex shirt. He didn't speak English.

In retrospect I wish I ran up and yelled "TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT, FLATLANDER WOMAN" to fully sell the idea of being a crazy person.

On more than one ocassion I've complimented someone's shirt and their response was "do you want it?"

Is this a thing that people usually say? I didn't know how to respond except with an awkward "haha, what? no."

Tell them "Can I have your face instead?"

Might as well turn it to 11.

Whenever someone compliments me on my Giant Bomb shirt I say "Oh yeah? What's your favorite Random PC Game episode? How many times have you watched the Endurance Run? What's the name of Vinny's brother?" just to make sure they're a real fan and not some johnny-come-lately scrub

Whenever someone compliments me on my Giant Bomb shirt I say "Oh yeah? What's your favorite Random PC Game episode? How many times have you watched the Endurance Run? What's the name of Vinny's brother?" just to make sure they're a real fan and not some johnny-come-lately scrub

I'm bald/bearded/tortoise-shell glasses-ed like Vinny, and I've had a bunch of people ask if I had a t-shit of my own face with that Russian Vinny GBEast shirt, haha.

Haha I was just thinking about this actually. "modern audiences too dumb to understand slow movie, prob loved the last transformers film"

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.

Some people are just weird about being complimented in any way.

I know I am. Most of my non-work clothes have something dumb on them (although I have worn my This Is The Run shirt on casual days sometimes) and I never know how to react if someone points it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom