• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I spent all this time playing sombra and got my hitscan aim up

but now I'm just doing way better playign mcree because of it

Salarians

hey Jeph delete Angela and PUT 👏🏻 HIM 👏🏻 IN 👏🏻 THE 👏🏻 GAME 👏🏻

DMJUJNtXkAA7XHT

hey Jeph delete Angela and PUT ���� HIM ���� IN ���� THE ���� GAME ����

Oh, is this from the big Art of Overwatch book? I can't wait to get mine.

Edit: If they could keep the hitboxes the same, I'd be super into having skins that were a different character, but a clone gameplay-wise. Like the premium skins in Injustice 2 or the Hearthstone heroes.

Owzers

I accidentally hit comp earlier today and found a game before I could cancel, got paired with an annoying three stack. Genji : “want to hear a joke? This is my first game today.”

That’s...that’s not a joke. He was bad though, and his group was talking all the time and about how one doesn’t play the character they picked and why are they grouping with the other.

We lost horribly. I don’t want to coddle annoying people or even be on a team with them.

MG310

Lots of bad 2-3 groups tonight as well as players leaving after the first point falls..not even the entire first round. Floating around 2200.

maomaoIYP

Has anyone gotten past wave 16? I think endless isn't really endless, after the timer counts past wave 15 it disappears and is replaced by "defeat the bosses". I actually think the game ends if you do manage to beat them, just not sure if it's actually possible though.
Here's what it looks like: https://youtu.be/t26HF2rph0o

TrueBlue

Has anyone gotten past wave 16? I think endless isn't really endless, after the timer counts past wave 15 it disappears and is replaced by "defeat the bosses". I actually think the game ends if you do manage to beat them, just not sure if it's actually possible though.
Here's what it looks like: https://youtu.be/t26HF2rph0o

That looks completely crazy, though I guess it'd be a breeze with the right custom game conditions.

leng jai

Just had 4 of the biggest beatdowns in a row tonight, not even close to winning a round with all these obvious smurfs everywhere. No idea how you can get put in such uneven teams 4 matches in a row.

Somehow ending a DM with 14 assists as Doomfist, how does that happen?! That's for the tracers and genjis to experience!

Just tried Lucio in deathmatch for the first time on Dorado, wow, that's like the most fun he's ever been for me.

Welp. Did the 10 placement matches. Got Silver. Sigh...

Is there any site or group that I could go to for some help in Competitive? That Discord group in the OP doesn't help much at all since it isn't really an Overwatch group anymore.

Or at least a site that can group up with me for a couple of matches?

Welp. Did the 10 placement matches. Got Silver. Sigh...

Is there any site or group that I could go to for some help in Competitive? That Discord group in the OP doesn't help much at all since it isn't really an Overwatch group anymore.

Maybe try https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/ ? They site is dedicated to helping players improve.

The only other advice I can give is to watch good players do VOD reviews or to just watch streamers play heroes you use and try to learn from them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember when people told me Deathmatch would make less of the 'i'm practicing widow/mcree/soldier' go away from QP

lol

pizzacat

Banned
To all you positive weirdos see you in the inhouse on Sunday come show me how much you like this game, it happens every Sunday at 5pm est

Add dvaritos#1307 or ireadmanga#2895

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY i havent gotten any invites you positive vibers should totally come today

hypernima

Banned
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY i havent gotten any invites you positive vibers should totally come today

Playing in the inhouse with Pizza really changed my life.
I went from gold to diamond within one season.
The tips I got in inhouse and the great advice from the OW discord really boosted me to my real potential.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
I was told that no one here (the Discord) really plays Overwatch anymore. Even less on PS4. Maybe I entered the wrong channel but I followed the link in the OP.

I was new to Discord though so maybe I did go to the wrong place.

Anne

I was told that no one here (the Discord) really plays Overwatch anymore. Even less on PS4. Maybe I entered the wrong channel but I followed the link in the OP.

I was new to Discord thoigh so maybe I did go to the wrong place.

Oh no you went to the right place. I was just messing with you a bit. We're all nice I swear, but we just don't really play anymore. If the server got removed from the OP and disassociated with GAF I wouldn't care at this point.

antitrop

Oh no you went to the right place. I was just messing with you a bit. We're all nice I swear, but we just don't really play anymore. If the server got removed from the OP and disassociated with GAF I wouldn't care at this point.

I already did that when OT11 went up.

Nepenthe

I would like to formally thank Symmetra for giving me a free Lucio PotG by placing her teleporter right on the edge of the bridge of Eichenwalde.

Had a game where I was sure we would lose attacking Numbani but Sym snuck around and...put her teleport in their spawn? like right by the door.

It worked.

Veelk

Banned
For the same price you could have bought 3 copies and a half of the m/kb version. :thinking:

I'm not sure what you mean. Copies of what? And most M/KB adaptors seem to be around a similar price. If you have a better deal, I can still cancel the order.

As for M/KB, I don't really want to give myself that much of an advantage. I just want a controller scheme that's sane. Certain characters, if you want to maximize your use of them, just require a truly ridiculous button mapping. By getting this controller, I know I am giving myself an advantage, but what I really just want the convenience of paddles.

Nepenthe

Note: If anyone who is around lvl. 186 (lol) still needs to do their placement matches on PC, please hit me up. Because I honestly can't take the losses anymore.

I'm not sure what you mean. Copies of what? And most M/KB adaptors seem to be around a similar price. If you have a better deal, I can still cancel the order.

As for M/KB, I don't really want to give myself that much of an advantage. I just want a controller scheme that's sane. Certain characters, if you want to maximize your use of them, just require a truly ridiculous button mapping. By getting this controller, I know I am giving myself an advantage, but what I really just want the convenience of paddles.

I think they mean simply buying the PC version of OW

Veelk

Banned
I think they mean simply buying the PC version of OW
I'm not gonna deny that the PC is the preferred version of Overwatch, but I've invested enough in the PS4 version that I don't really want to switch until they find a way that allows your stats and skins to transfer over to PC.

Besides, with my PC, I would get worse graphics with a worse performance than my console if I go with the 'optimized' settings. A better performance would basically require potato vision.

And it seems that the community is way worse on PC.

I'm not gonna deny that the PC is the preferred version of Overwatch, but I've invested enough in the PS4 version that I don't really want to switch until they find a way that allows your stats and skins to transfer over to PC.
Same here. I'll buy the PC version in a heartbeat if they ever allow accounts and skins to be shared across all my consoles and laptop.

Chances of that though...

antitrop

Besides, with my PC, I would get worse graphics with a worse performance than my console if I go with the 'optimized' settings. A better performance would basically require potato vision.

And it seems that the community is way worse on PC.
Can't blame you on that. I played on PS4 from Beta until the end of Season 1 and then switched to PC, and even then it hurt to lose my "progress" from PS4.

Veelk

Banned
Same here. I'll buy the PC version in a heartbeat if they ever allow accounts and skins to be shared across all my consoles and laptop.

Chances of that though...

They said that they don't have a way of checking what skins you have because they're stored on Sony's servers, but I feel that's bullshit. There has to be a way they can make that happen if they made a lootbox mechanism to avoid skins you already have.

ohkay

I was new to Discord though so maybe I did go to the wrong place.
I'd like to think we'd be as helpful as we can on the discord if it came to actual questions about the game, but we've all had our spirits broken by the mighty Jeph

antitrop

They said that they don't have a way of checking what skins you have because they're stored on Sony's servers, but I feel that's bullshit. There has to be a way they can make that happen if they made a lootbox mechanism to avoid skins you already have.

You can link your Battle.net account with your PSN or XBL account for the purposes of things like the Oni Genji and Officer D.Va promotions. The only way to get those on console (before they were put in normal loot boxes) was to play HOTS on PC and link your account.

So the tech is there, they just want you to buy more boxes when you switch.

rulerk1

im starting to think comp is worst than qp. In QP people care about team comp to a certain degree and will actually switch off of heroes if they are getting countered. If i am owning as pharah or winston in qp people will try to switch to counters within a minute. Cant say the same about comp unfortunately.

im starting to think comp is worst than qp. In QP people care about team comp to a certain degree and will actually switch off of heroes if they are getting countered. If i am owning as pharah or winston in qp people will try to switch to counters within a minute. Cant say the same about comp unfortunately.

In my experience if you ask or point out how to counter the enemy's comp people are generally willing to switch.

Unless they are a Sym or Torb one trick but there is a special place in hell for them.

Top Bottom