• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I just cannot get Gara part blueprints to drop for me. Either I get some mod as a bounty reward or the bounty just.. disappears mid-way through.

3000 and 5000 credit caches are the hottest thing right now.

They mentioned they don't want to bump low-level bounty rewards too much because they're oriented towards low-level players, but a) most of those rewards don't even help new players and b) even the lowest tiers of bounties are harder than half of the star chart. I seriously have to bring a kitted out Mesa to the second tier to solo it due to the nonstop bombardment and massive Grineer hordes.

Manzoon

Banned
Man it seems the rng is broken on sortie mission generation or something because Spy keeps popping up LOL
Quick and easy at least. Got 6,000 Kuva reward today, which feels much nicer than getting 4,000 Endo.

Man I just cannot get Gara part blueprints to drop for me. Either I get some mod as a bounty reward or the bounty just.. disappears mid-way through.

The bounties are still kind of broken, I've had a couple fail on me, never when playing solo though. I did get the gara piece from the easiest bounty finally, so I never have to do that again.

LogicStep

So the bounties are hard as hell. Me and my buddy were only able to do the first one. We are both lvl 20+ (warframes). Should we not bother with those and just play the mission and go through the planets?

So the bounties are hard as hell. Me and my buddy were only able to do the first one. We are both lvl 20+ (warframes). Should we not bother with those and just play the mission and go through the planets?

Your frame and weapon levels arent a good indication of what level enemies you can deal with. Based on what you're saying you probably want to look into the mods you have on them, they might need switching up a bit.

That said going through the planets is never a bad thing, unlocking all the nodes was the thing to do for new players before the Plains was released.

grendelrt

Mods and polarity slots have more impact than actual frame and weapon levels (except that you can hold more mods higher level). Work on getting higher rarity mods and unlocking planets. Once you unlock all nodes on a planet you can do nightmare missions which reward you with a mod that has two stats and can stack with similar mods. Defense and survival missions are good to farm a variety of starter mods.

Naite

I don't like the fact you essentially get one chance at a potential Gara piece for every time a mission is up.

That's dumb, unless i'm missing something
Tempted to buy Gara with the extra plat I got from the hydroid price error so I can ignore gathering the parts and mining/crafting the resources to build it and focus only on getting Furax Wraith. But Gara doesn't interest me that much. Maybe I'll buy Furax off someone instead.

LogicStep

Your frame and weapon levels arent a good indication of what level enemies you can deal with. Based on what you're saying you probably want to look into the mods you have on them, they might need switching up a bit.

That said going through the planets is never a bad thing, unlocking all the nodes was the thing to do for new players before the Plains was released.

Mods and polarity slots have more impact than actual frame and weapon levels (except that you can hold more mods higher level). Work on getting higher rarity mods and unlocking planets. Once you unlock all nodes on a planet you can do nightmare missions which reward you with a mod that has two stats and can stack with similar mods. Defense and survival missions are good to farm a variety of starter mods.
So there's no single level stat to go by? Makes sense then that I have to go by what mods I have and what I think I can handle..

Tabby

I have to be honest, I've only played PoE 2 or 3 times since release. The grind is such a slog and the economy of everything is so shit.

The bounties are not worth it at all. I don't understand how 5k credit cache is a thing when you can just do a dark sector for 5 minutes.

Xyber

I have to be honest, I've only played PoE 2 or 3 times since release. The grind is such a slog and the economy of everything is so shit.

The bounties are not worth it at all. I don't understand how 5k credit cache is a thing when you can just do a dark sector for 5 minutes.

Getting credits as a reward (especially just 5k) is just a slap in the face for something that takes that much time.

grendelrt

So there's no single level stat to go by? Makes sense then that I have to go by what mods I have and what I think I can handle..
You can use enemy level as a identifer on how hard an enemy is, but just don't use it in comparison to frame levels. If you have a hard time killing something level 20, don't do a 30 mission haha.

You can repeat bounties, you just won't gain standing from them

And you still get one of the rewards also?

Because i did one i completed before and didn't see any indication that i got anything especially compared to when you are doing the mission the first time (it pops up in the that banner in the middle of the screen, etc)

Tempted to buy Gara with the extra plat I got from the hydroid price error so I can ignore gathering the parts and mining/crafting the resources to build it and focus only on getting Furax Wraith. But Gara doesn't interest me that much. Maybe I'll buy Furax off someone instead.

I'm honestly thinking the same thing but i'll take a few more cracks at it.

Manzoon

Banned

You'll get a feel for difficulty eventually, it's more based on personal experience and mission type.

The weird thing about the time it takes to do bounties is that unless there is a timer the bounty stage is almost instantaneous. Protecting the armored vault is 3 minutes, but capturing a target is just done immediately. There is another timer that might be about 3 minutes for controlling an area, and bounties one and two only have three stages. You have 4 minutes to find the caches, which it seems they spawn in exactly the same place within each circle location. Once you have the archwing launcher charges, travel time is negligible for any frame.

Bounty four took me and a friend about 15 minutes to do, including travel time on foot as we were stopping to mine.

ViviOggi

And you still get one of the rewards also?

Because i did one i completed before and didn't see any indication that i got anything especially compared to when you are doing the mission the first time (it pops up in the that banner in the middle of the screen, etc)

Yes, it was bugged initially

rehnz

Neo Member
3 hours in. Trying to take it all in. Not spending any materials yet till I know whats going on a bit more. So theres Clan stuff? I'll take an invite - rehnzhimself

Mupod

Same, but in my case it's because it is so utterly broken when I try to play anything with my friend. I don't know if it's the loadtimes on his toaster compared to the game running off my SSD, or some kind of network issue. But it's a miracle if we can even zone into the plains and from there it's a matter of hoping the bounty quest doesn't break in strange ways partway through.

Our time has been better served by finishing War Within, running relics, bumbling through Sorties were are undergeared for etc.

Manzoon

Banned
Same, but in my case it's because it is so utterly broken when I try to play anything with my friend. I don't know if it's the loadtimes on his toaster compared to the game running off my SSD, or some kind of network issue. But it's a miracle if we can even zone into the plains and from there it's a matter of hoping the bounty quest doesn't break in strange ways partway through.

Our time has been better served by finishing War Within, running relics, bumbling through Sorties were are undergeared for etc.

The only successful squading I've had playing my friend is me accepting a bounty, going to the plains from Cetus, and inviting him while he's in orbit.

LogicStep

The only successful squading I've had playing my friend is me accepting a bounty, going to the plains from Cetus, and inviting him while he's in orbit.
Yep, that's what I've gotten to work. Start the bounty, go outside and when I get the quest marker I invite him. Works perfectly.

Mupod

yeah this was suggested to me, but life has gotten in the way of video games so I haven't had much time to try it out. We should be able to get some warframe in tonight.

I'll probably be taking a break from the game due to Destiny 2 but I'm not intimidated about returning to it after an absence anymore. If I managed to get back up to speed from 2013 to 2017 Warframe then there's no way they could change the game that much in a few more months.

Manzoon

Banned
yeah this was suggested to me, but life has gotten in the way of video games so I haven't had much time to try it out. We should be able to get some warframe in tonight.

I'll probably be taking a break from the game due to Destiny 2 but I'm not intimidated about returning to it after an absence anymore. If I managed to get back up to speed from 2013 to 2017 Warframe then there's no way they could change the game that much in a few more months.
Yeah, totally understandable. We'll make sure to scream at DE till all these kinks are out for ya, haha.

Nordicus

The framerate got better, but my current technical issue with PoE is that I can't exit from Cetus back into my ship. Get infinite loading screen instead.

Naite

Managed to get the last 2 Gara parts I needed, consecutively and on my first attempt of the day.

Still need a ton of mining and fishing parts though to craft any of them though...

EDIT: Actually not that bad when I focus solely on mining, but I'm gonna dread it when they add new items requiring these materials

Managed to get the last 2 Gara parts I needed, consecutively and on my first attempt of the day.

Still need a ton of mining and fishing parts though to craft any of them though...

EDIT: Actually not that bad when I focus solely on mining, but I'm gonna dread it when they add new items requiring these materials

I just realized shes gonna need shit from Cetus :/

FML

r1chard

First time in my Warframe career buying a frame from the market. I feel dirty, now. :p
The only frame I've bought from the market* is Excalibur, because a) I have terrible friends who introduced me to the game and didn't warn me that b) screw that farming as a completely un-fun experience.

* yes, I've also paid other players plat to buy three vaulted primes (with two more that I need to save up for**)

** why yes, Warframe has tickled my Gotta Collect Em All nerve.

Bought gara myself, the free riven pushed me over the edge. Prior to this, I bought mesa and equinox because fuck farming those when they're on sale.

goblin

Gara's droprates are super low (7.37) and they're in a bizarre location for a frame that comes from a quest geared toward beginners, that they'll get access to on one of the first nodes of the starchart.

DE should stick all the parts into 5-15 or even 10-30 and replace the credit caches, since you can just sell duplicate parts for roughly the same amount anyway. Then delete credit caches from every other bounty reward table. If there must be filler rewards, at least give the early bounties basic mods for new players -- Serration, Stretch, 90 elementals, etc. -- and put rare ore/gems/fish in the later ones.

I'm having fun hunting Eidolons. That's what a boss fight should feel like, not just invulnerable phase after invulnerable phase. I imagine the feeling won't last especially now that my alliance is getting everyone up to speed on tactics and it'll be just another regular farm soon but at the moment I'm liking it.

Bummer about the bug not being able to turn in cores though. I want to progress with my Quill rep but the game won't let me.

with the resource stuff im really thinking of pulling the trigger on that buy now LOL

Also got a Riven from a sortie for the Dual version of that new Sword *shrug*

I need corrupted mods, anyone up for some farming? bc shockingly I've never done any runs T_T

What is this riven people are talking about?

Weapon mods specifc mods that can roll crazy stats. You'll get one for free when you finish the main WF story (The War Within)

Example:

1506075026-arca-plasmor-riven.png

The stats are random, so we can both get the same mod but have different stats.

Run sorties to get them.

derFeef

- When you get a 3 day booster but don't have time to play
- When you think you have no chance at the boss but kill him in two shots.
- When you are on a scanning mission and forgot to stack up on scanners.

Also - can I get more Clem blueprints?

- When you get a 3 day booster but don't have time to play
- When you think you have no chance at the boss but kill him in two shots.

Also - can I get more Clem blueprints?

IIRC yes once you do his weekly mission

It's worth doing a few daily synthesis missions for Simaris so that you can buy the unlimited scanner widget from him and never worry about charges again. The synthesis scanner works as a regular scanner as well.

Nokterian

Valkyr is in the foundry, nearly finished also leveled up vakra (i'm fucking wolverine) going to use that one on valkyr. Leveled up also Huk i want that mod from that faction for 200% multishot, but overal what a powerful shotgun.

That`s a thing? wow! How many do you have to do?

The Sol-Battery widget costs 50k standing and you can get around 10k if you do the three targets and get the daily bonus. There was a handy guide for finding the synthesis targets somewhere but I don't have the link right now.

BARO HAS PRISMA NABERUS EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND BUY THOSE THINGS

also has some kiddo cosmetics (return of the Bane Mask), day of the dead sword and cat costume (that cat one is cute but I have the moonless skin now for my kitties), slash mods, prisma dual cleavers/gorgon (both are fine, cleavers are very good with steel augment) and primed heated charge

PHC is probably another must-buy too.

LogicStep

So I've been using Excalibur since that's what I picked to start. It's awesome and feels really strong.

I linked my twitch and got the frost frame. Umm... I don't get his power set. I only have the first power but it feels like it's a single target hitscan? I'm not sure yet on this frame but it doesn't feel as good.

VandalD

So I've been using Excalibur since that's what I picked to start. It's awesome and feels really strong.

I linked my twitch and got the frost frame. Umm... I don't get his power set. I only have the first power but it feels like it's a single target hitscan? I'm not sure yet on this frame but it doesn't feel as good.
Once you get more ranks and unlock more abilities, Frost will show his value. His main use is in protecting defense objectives, but he's also pretty good at crowd control. His first ability may not seem like much if you're using it on regular enemies, but it also slows down most bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom