• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Started playing this the other day, and I agree it can be tough playing solo.

At one point I was essentially locked down in a corridor by infestation monsters who kept respawning faster than I could kill them. I started using Loki powers to slip by everyone instead of fighting though, and that seemed to work pretty well.

I picked up the basic shot-gun and it seems pretty powerful. Looking to get a new pistol next I think.

Ok, will do. What weapons do you recommend? I just built the dual heat swords but haven't yet tried them out. I also have the dual pistols, I think they're called Aklato or something. They're pretty amazing but I don't have any good pistol mods yet. Dunno what rifle I should go for. I'm thinking of going for the Latron, seems like good damage and accuracy.

Personally, Latron has been my favorite gun forever. It really sucks when you first get it though, especially after U7. I think it only starts with 15 shots now or something? Even with maxed out Magazine Warp mod you only have 20 shots... But! If you can stick with it, the thing does nice damage later on modded out, especially if you headshot a lot :)

As for other rifles... People with the Boltor seem to tear things apart. Gorgon is fun, but eats ammo up... Haven't used it yet with the new mod system. Paris is really fun! Unless it's vs Infested... Don't see many Burston players around, so I don't know about that one.

As for shotguns, I enjoyed the Strun, but it has a looong reload. Never used the Boar... And if you get the chance to buy the HEK shotgun, do it. It's awesomesauce.

Sorry for belated response, my internet died for a few.

Dreavus

Ouch, I am NOT feeling this auto-pistol. Bought a Sicarus just to try something other than the default sidearm, and it's not pulling it's weight. The recoil makes headshotting with anything but the first shot in the burst pretty much impossible (which is pointless on a pistol, unless you're panic shooting at something), and it eats ammo like nothing else.

I might keep it around for some mastery levels, but now my next chunk of change is going towards a sidearm again. Maybe I should just go for double Lato?

Bolto is a pretty fun pistol, if you like projectile weapons. Then later on you can make the Akbolto to pin every enemy on the wall!

Kraken is good too. It's supposedly an upgraded Lex, but with double shot.

Furis and Afuris are beast, but they chew up ammo like no tomorrow! Bring ammo kits, especially if you get Afuris.

Haven't used the Bronco, Viper or Aklatos.

KJ869

Akilato is very versatile sidearm. It has good enought accuracy for headshoting, relatively fast reload, 30 clip and decent damage. Snipetron is nice. Its accurate even whitout scope to close-medium range headshots. Problem is the pathetic clip size and no reasonable way to expand it.

I have tryed to lvl Strun but cant just get it working right. Maybe my mod combo is off but the thing just does not have enought stopping power for the clip size and extremely slow reload.

Bolto is a pretty fun pistol, if you like projectile weapons. Then later on you can make the Akbolto to pin every enemy on the wall!

Kraken is good too. It's supposedly an upgraded Lex, but with double shot.

Furis and Afuris are beast, but they chew up ammo like no tomorrow! Bring ammo kits, especially if you get Afuris.

Haven't used the Bronco, Viper or Aklatos.

I got the AKboltos, and they have one of he more satisfying gun sounds, beyond being highly lethal and pinning dudes to walls.

Akilato is very versatile sidearm. It has good enought accuracy for headshoting, relatively fast reload, 30 clip and decent damage. Snipetron is nice. Its accurate even whitout scope to close-medium range headshots. Problem is the pathetic clip size and no reasonable way to expand it.

I have tryed to lvl Strun but cant just get it working right. Maybe my mod combo is off but the thing just does not have enought stopping power for the clip size and extremely slow reload.

Strun feels really really strong to me, you probably just need to get it leveled up a few levels and get the right mods on it. I've been running with that lately for my rifle slot.

Started playing this recently and I'm having a blast. I run a Banshee Warframe, thinking of getting a Paris.. still unsure. Anyone here use it? If anybody wants to blow up Grineer with me, my IGN is the same as my GAF name.

R1CHO

Started playing this recently and I'm having a blast. I run a Banshee Warframe, thinking of getting a Paris.. still unsure. Anyone here use it? If anybody wants to blow up Grineer with me, my IGN is the same as my GAF name.

I just crafted it, only one match, but it was very fun; i love bows in games, and this looks like a good one.

Bombless

The Paris is great. Once you get the timing down you become a Legolas death machine FROM THE FUTURE. And multishot mods send 2 arrows without deviation (the arrow deals the damage 2 times).

Nymerio

Game seems to be acting up... Friend can't see me online and I can't join his sessions. Squads also keep disappearing whenever we try to join one :/

KJ869

Strum was needing multishot. Snipetron started realy shine when armor penetration was added. Armorpenetration + critical chance and pure damage = one shot killing again, now I just need to add effects as it goes up.

The new patch notes talked about update to item rarity. Anybody els have noticed the blueprints are even more rare now? Cant even harverst cronus BP anymore for cash. I just wish you could even buy the invidiual armor pieces blueprints from store. When I realised the 35k blueprints still needed you to find the pieceprints I pretty mutch yelled out loud about the free to play model. Weapons work ok, but with current rarity getting all 3 blueprints for warframe, finding oroching cells and other parts and paying the building costs for all 4 build you need to do is just way too expensive.

Dreavus

After playing more, the game has been pretty good fun overall. At this point I'd love to have another faction added into the mix, and maybe some more possible "environmental hazards" aside from the ones already in the game, although I'm sure this stuff is in the works.

I recently looked at my foundry and realized I had the Rhino helmet blue prints, so I've been trying to get the other pieces. I found systems pretty easily, but the chassis has been eluding me for a while now.

Also, anyone know if there's a way to turn off "Lotus" or whatever her name is? (the HQ person).

Played the beta couple of months ago, are the environments and enemy's still as bland and repetitive?

I kinda liked it but killing the same enemy 50 times in a row isn't much fun in my book.

EDIT: Is there any way to play the tutorial again? Seems like my progression is saved from beta.. i kinda wanna start over but not make a new account

tumblr_m6klttLJbW1rx0vv8o1_500.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Having lots of fun with this. Sure it's repetitive but the actual combat is fun, unlike Path of Exile which is just clickspam.

I do hope they can add some more variety though, seems like it's a major sticking point among most of the player base.

Dreavus

I've got all three pieces of the Rhino now, just need that Rubedo stuff to build everything (luckily got a neural sensor on my second attempt on the Golem).

Also, I'm guessing built frames don't actually come with their abilities? I'm not sure if I've actually found any for Rhino yet.

SinSilla

Installed yesterday expecting to deinstall soon after. Actually spent a couple of hours in a row and can't wait to get back at it. Still need to figure out the upgrade system and some interface quirks.

Going solo doesnt work out after the first couple of missions, but multiplayer is fast and fun since everyone is trying to do the most damage.

Due to the speedrun character of the sessions i still dont know how the loot system works. Is it based on damage dealed, first come first serve?

Tried this out last night and it's actually pretty fun. I love the Warframe designs and the combat and movement feels really good. I only did the tutorial and the first mission solo. I'm hoping to play some co-op later.

The only downside so far is the seemingly large amount of locked content and the market prices seem a bit steep. Also, do the environments and enemies get any more varied?

Is there any way to play the tutorial again? Seems like my progression is saved from beta.. i kinda wanna start over but not make a new account

I don't know about redoing the tutorial, but I'm sure there's plenty of youtubes out there!

Due to the speedrun character of the sessions i still dont know how the loot system works. Is it based on damage dealed, first come first serve?

All credits picked up are shared. Materials and mods are shareable, but you have to go pick them up yourself. Don't get anything for having most damage done and the like, except maybe an ego stroke :p

I'm guessing built frames don't actually come with their abilities? I'm not sure if I've actually found any for Rhino yet.

I'm fairly sure they come with a set of their skill cards :)

The only downside so far is the seemingly large amount of locked content and the market prices seem a bit steep. Also, do the environments and enemies get any more varied?

I don't know about locked content since I'm rank 7 mastery, but I agree platinum prices are a bit crazy. Luckily there's blueprints for just about everything to buy with credits!

As for environments & enemies, there's only 3 tile sets and the 3 factions in the game still. Repetitive, but oddly still fun haha!

hmmm I remember watching the GB QL of this a while back and thought it looked cool, but a bit janky (might just be Jeff though). Any good videos out and about showing off why this is awesome?

Are there skills/abilities? I feel like if I wanna check this out, I'd probably go for a melee thing (ninjas), is that feasible?

Are there skills/abilities? I feel like if I wanna check this out, I'd probably go for a melee thing (ninjas), is that feasible?

Every frame has 4 unique abilities, and during the last LiveStream they hinted at "season 2" mod cards and possible new abilities for the frames!

And yeah, you can totally be an all out melee machine if you wanted. Loki is especially fun to melee with since he has an invisibility skill which turns all his melee attacks turn to crits :)

KJ869

Just got hit ny the foundry/marketplace/inventory account bug that seems to be wide spread when I checked the warframe forums. Foundry is not working and nothing looted is going to inventory. Cant even access marketplace. Seems like after 34 hours of playtime its time to return to planetside 2 while waiting for fix

K.Sabot

hmmm I remember watching the GB QL of this a while back and thought it looked cool, but a bit janky (might just be Jeff though). Any good videos out and about showing off why this is awesome?

This playlist walks through most of the Warframes and covers some of the intricacies of the game.
He also manages to look cool while playing, unlike the GB guys. But let's be honest, Giant Bomb has never managed to make a game look good by merit of the level of play.

Am I playing this game wrong by going the solo route? I can't seem to find anything other than the occasional skill. Also, are blueprints and orkin reactors only available after unlocking access to other planet systems? I'm only on the second system at the moment, and I've only found one blueprint chronus, and I'm pretty sure that you get that from the boss anyways.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Am I playing this game wrong by going the solo route? I can't seem to find anything other than the occasional skill. Also, are blueprints and orkin reactors only available after unlocking access to other planet systems? I'm only on the second system at the moment, and I've only found one blueprint chronus, and I'm pretty sure that you get that from the boss anyways.

Is there even a downside to playing with others?

Dreavus

Is there even a downside to playing with others?

Not that I know of. Everything is shared and you can only benefit from the increased damage output. There is very little scaling in this game, if any at all.

The one thing that is potentially disrupted by having other players around is attempts to play the game "stealthily", but the stealth mechanics don't work very well anyways, so it's not that big of a deal. (Once you enemies are alerted to your presence, that's it for your attempts at stealth. Also, the bow is the only silent firing weapon in the game, so any other gunfire will alert enemies. This means you have to try and sneak around using only melee kills and also not be seen by anything once, or else they are put on alert and aren't going to be surprised again.) I'm guessing they are still testing things out for stealth play, because the mechanics were just changed for the most recent update. I don't know how it worked previously.

If you want to sneak attack enemies for huge damage (even in groups), just choose Loki and use the cloak ability judiciously.

Abandond

Some bosses are almost impossible to solo.

Also, after playing with Ash for a bit, I think I'll like Loki more and Hyena drops his blueprintes. I hate Hyena :l (one of the bosses not soloable unless you have a specific gun and are very good).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Im working on making Trinity right now, but I might make Nyx... I cant decide... But Im also really enjoying Mag... :( Stupid game!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Played the beta couple of months ago, are the environments and enemy's still as bland and repetitive?

Environments have improved greatly. They not only added new indoor tilesets, but they also added outdoor missions, which are gorgeous.

Also, are blueprints and orkin reactors only available after unlocking access to other planet systems?

Every planet has a boss and every boss drops blueprints. Vor drops Cronus sword, and the rest drop BPs for the other Warframes. To get Orokin Reactors and Catalysts, you must wait for a special rare alert mission with a "?" reward. Highly suggest following this forum!

Wiki for planet/boss drops :)

Oh yeah add me to the GAF clan! ShdwDrake :)
Invite sent :)

Every planet has a boss and every boss drops blueprints. Vor drops Cronus sword, and the rest drop BPs for the other Warframes. To get Orokin Reactors and Catalysts, you must wait for a special rare alert mission with a "?" reward. Highly suggest following this forum!

Wiki for planet/boss drops :)

Invite sent :)

Whoops, I missed out on two of those alerts. :\

As for the question of wanting to play solo, the only real concern that I have is that i'd play with more experienced players who'd breeze through the map as I stumble about exploring areas, plus I enjoy the solo aspect at times. I got the impression very quickly that there is little to nothing in the way of scaling based on party size, but i find the challenge very exciting, especially when I somehow come out of a instant death situation battered but alive.

R1CHO

They have to improve Bosses imo, one of the worst parts of the game.

Whoops, I missed out on two of those alerts. :\

As for the question of wanting to play solo, the only real concern that I have is that i'd play with more experienced players who'd breeze through the map as I stumble about exploring areas, plus I enjoy the solo aspect at times. I got the impression very quickly that there is little to nothing in the way of scaling based on party size, but i find the challenge very exciting, especially when I somehow come out of a instant death situation battered but alive.

Yes, the experience is quite different in the solo vs "coop" matches.

They have to improve Bosses imo, one of the worst parts of the game.

Yes, the experience is quite different in the solo vs "coop" matches.

Speaking of battered.. I login now, there's an alert. so I click on it and it takes me to the mission.. difficulty 4. I've only been playing level 1 difficulty missions.. and it's infection-based.

the only i'm surviving is by jumping onto crates and shooting/jump in air and downward thrust of my sword to conserve ammo, since from what I've seen only one enemy has a ranged attack and another blows up when it dies, so i stay on top of a crate and hope I don't fall. I'm still F'D, but i'm alive..

Zeroth

Could someone add me to the clan? Quote my post for my in game name!

Game has been fun so far. Not sure what class to go after Mag. Thinking either Banshee or Loki... any suggestions?

Could someone add me to the clan? Quote my post for my in game name!

Game has been fun so far. Not sure what class to go after Mag. Thinking either Banshee or Loki... any suggestions?

Added! Banshee is the hardest frame to get right now because there's no boss to get her blueprints from. You pretty much have to grind defense missions endlessly and hope a Banshee BP reward pops up. But, go with whatever frame you think has the coolest sounding skills :)

Also! Plugging my alert mission idea here for views & opinions :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom