• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 24hrs until my Banshee is done crafting. Awwwww yeah!

Already have Ether swords and a Viper waiting in the Foundry to start leveling up with her. :D

Also, hi new page!

Check this out for alerts!

But if you lvl a weapon to 30, doesn't it supercharge on it's own? Thought i've read that somewhere

Naw... What supercharging does is double your amount of mod points to spend. Only way to do that is with a Catalyst/Reactor. Only way to get one of those is from a "?" alert, buying from the Market, or getting lucky on login reward :p

KJ869

Finaly fixed the bug with forge so now I can return to the game yay! Yeah the catalysts are best to just buy, it has the best realmoney/hoursneeded ration. Warframes are easier to grind

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ash cause smokescreen pew pew pew.

Dreavus

I just built a Rhino, but haven't gotten a good feel for the abilities yet at rank 8.

Only think I know is a SLOW frame. Going from Loki to Rhino is an almost hilarious contrast.

Xanathus

I also chose Loki as my starter and have switched to a Rhino which is level 20 now. Rhino's movement speed is bearable if you slap on a Sprint mod and know how to parkour around the map to take shortcuts. I'm thinking of making an Ash next, and depending on how it plays near 20 I may sell off Loki.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I just built a Rhino, but haven't gotten a good feel for the abilities yet at rank 8.

Only think I know is a SLOW frame. Going from Loki to Rhino is an almost hilarious contrast.

I'm planning on building Rhino, but farming for the blueprints is taking forever. :(

Subitai

So I'm a little into this game after playing it this weekend. Started w/ Mag, forged Banshee, and bought Ember prints because i got fireball.

Anyone have any insight as to what weapons are good for these frames besides Paris for Banshee?

Edit: also preference for melee and rifle as I have better mods for those.

Dreavus

Whoa, just had a random run in with [possible spoiler]
the Dark Tenno
. I was almost killed instantly, but Iron Skin really saved my butt.

Also had me thinking it would be really cool if
he was another player invading your game, kind of like how Demon's Souls multiplayer does it.

I played a game solo, got a rare mod (i think it was something like grabbing enemies from a distance) and a cloak mod and a couple of others... got to the end of the game......

.....and my internet dies...

saved nothing...

I want to cry

Xanathus

What a great day for Warframe, got an Orokin Reactor blueprint as my login reward (protip, you can click on the reward icon as it's about to end in order to get the item you clicked on) AND got another Reactor blueprint from an alert mission.

What a great day for Warframe, got an Orokin Reactor blueprint as my login reward (protip, you can click on the reward icon as it's about to end in order to get the item you clicked on) AND got another Reactor blueprint from an alert mission.
So wait, you are saying you can manipulate what you get as reward? Thats not suppose to happen i guess lol

Haly

Make sure to hold B + Down until the pokeball stops shaking as well.

Xanathus

So wait, you are saying you can manipulate what you get as reward? Thats not suppose to happen i guess lol

Well the alternative is that I got extremely lucky, but it does seem to be a big coincidence that I clicked on an Orokin Reactor and got an Orokin Reactor in my inventory. Someone else posted on the WF forums that the last few icons before it stops spinning are clickable.

Well the alternative is that I got extremely lucky, but it does seem to be a big coincidence that I clicked on an Orokin Reactor and got an Orokin Reactor in my inventory. Someone else posted on the WF forums that the last few icons before it stops spinning are clickable.
Cool, gonna try when i get home

At first I was bummed that that there was a Reactor alert at 3am this morning, then I got one as a login reward, haha!

This game looks and plays so good! Been playing on my brother's account lately. A lot of fun. Can't wait for competitive multiplayer (I hope!! :( Please?)

There won't be PvP (at least, I sincerely hope not), but they are going to be adding a clan leaderboard type thing in update 8!

Dreavus

I thought that there was just a Dark sword alert yesterday? Might as well get this one as well.

I have too many Melee weapon ones.

Dreavus

I don't have enough lol

Which do you have oO

Ceramic dagger BP, Heat sword BP, Pangolin Sword BP.

For actual weapons I have my starter Skana, a Cronus, and I just made one of those Dark Swords. These things are going to eat up all my slots.

I've been thinking of getting my Skana to 30 for the mastery then selling it (I'm pretty sure the Cronus straight up surpasses it in stats), but I'm not sure that's worth the effort.

Haly

Cronus is a straight upgrade to Skana.

Update 7.8

Fixes, UI improvements, credit exploits reduced, credit rewards boosted, a freakishly fast Machinegun and skull-crushing Gauntlets!

kYVaPJE.jpg

ADDITIONS
- New weapon: The Grineer GRAKATA assault rifle.
- New weapon: ANKYROS Tenno power gauntlets
- New Sentinel attachments including custom masks, wings, and tail pieces.
- Added up/down arrows to objectives on the minimap if objective is above or below the player's current level

CHANGES
- Mission completion credit rewards now scale up based on the AI level
- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded
- Dojo targeting challenge now rotates player camera to the first target, and made timer more forgiving
- Sniper ammo now drops from containers during Jackal fight
- Grineer Lancers are now deployed with the Grakata assault rifle
- Cronus blueprint now only a guaranteed drop the first time Tolstoj is completed, % chance to drop continues to decrease on additional runs
- Prevent fusing/selling critical ability/precept mods when no duplicates are present
- Animation tweaks to some weapon positions, and JumpDiveAim poses for Rifle and Dual Pistol grips
- Improved Moa, Osprey and Jackal models

FIXES
- Fixed Sentinels not activating Regen if they took damage from multiple sources in the same frame
- Fixed an issue with multiple XP sources having trouble displaying on the screen at the same time
- Fixed an issue where more than 4 players could be in a match at once
- Fixed an issue where enemies would hang back in Defense
- Fixed leaping infested not moving towards targets
- Fixed Stalker sound not being affected by in game audio settings
- Fixed Dagger Axe blueprint being incorrectly linked to Paris
- Fixed Banshee 'Push' power not working against Chargers
- Fixed players being able to run out of ammo in Dojo tests that force a specific weapon
- Fixed an issue where failing the wall run dojo would still count as a success
- Fixed Darksword blueprint, it can now be crafted
- Fixed large number of spots that AI would get stuck
- Fixed some material types to display proper hit effects
- Fixed additional cases of old accounts missing fusion cores
- Fix scroll wheel on large contact/clan list
- Fix cases where Reach, Focus, and Continuity Mods were not affecting many Warframe abilities

Edit:
- Fix elemental Mods not stacking properly on projectile weapons (e.g. Bolt/Arrow)
- Fix slide exploit: velocity boost from slide is on a cool down to prevent macroing.

HOT-HOT-FIX:
- Rewards of "0" Credits should be fixed!

[link]

How does the mod fusion system work, exactly? I get the sense that I'd combine a bunch of duplicate mods into a more powerful version.

If so, should I be saving these for higher level mods? Do they affect the class abilities?

How does the mod fusion system work, exactly? I get the sense that I'd combine a bunch of duplicate mods into a more powerful version.

If so, should I be saving these for higher level mods? Do they affect the class abilities?

Here's a nice video going over the mod system.

I'd save everything! There's no limit to how many mods you can have and you never know when you'll need'em. And yes, there are mods that affect frame abilities. Continuity, Focus, Reach, boost your power duration, strength, and range, respectively. Upgrading your abilities will also improve them :)

Abandond

Just when I log off...

...A Jaw sword alert goes up.

This shit is diabolical.

If it's worth anything, jaw sword kinda blows. Probably one of the worst weapons in the game.

I also decided to build Ankyros, and it's eh. Just seems like a weaker version of fang but I'm not really sure yet since apparently its whole gimmick is hitting downed enemies.

On the other hand, dual ether has been pretty great, especially vs Infested. Slide attacks also do double or triple damage (cant remember which) for some reason.

Dreavus

If it's worth anything, jaw sword kinda blows. Probably one of the worst weapons in the game.

I also decided to build Ankyros, and it's eh. Just seems like a weaker version of fang but I'm not really sure yet since apparently its whole gimmick is hitting downed enemies.

On the other hand, dual ether has been pretty great, especially vs Infested. Slide attacks also do double or triple damage (cant remember which) for some reason.

Yeah, I looked it up shortly after, doesn't look great.
Another alert for one came up a bit later and I managed to get it anyways.

Abandond

Yeah, I looked it up shortly after, doesn't look great.
Another alert for one came up a bit later and I managed to get it anyways.

Ah nice. I was kinda annoyed that it came up so quick again. I actually missed the reactor blueprint today by like 4 minutes. :(

Game is so incredibly fun. Whomever designed the way all these different systems layer on top of one another knows what they're doing. I'm definitely getting the dopamine rush from progressing my frame and farming for new ones.

Game is so incredibly fun. Whomever designed the way all these different systems layer on top of one another knows what they're doing. I'm definitely getting the dopamine rush from progressing my frame and farming for new ones.

It really is!

I just discovered the strun shotgun! What a beast, i was actually juggling a dude in the air with my shots.
The sound and damage/range it does makes it super fun to use, love the metallic sound

I'm also rocking the Lato vandal side arm, what other side arm is a good upgrade from that?

Abandond

It really is!

I just discovered the strun shotgun! What a beast, i was actually juggling a dude in the air with my shots.
The sound and damage/range it does makes it super fun to use, love the metallic sound

I'm also rocking the Lato vandal side arm, what other side arm is a good upgrade from that?

Pretty much anything else in the game. I personally like Bolto and I'm currently working towards Akbolto.

Still no idea what frame to main. I'm thinking Frost.

Pretty much anything else in the game. I personally like Bolto and I'm currently working towards Akbolto.

Still no idea what frame to main. I'm thinking Frost.

Not exactly, i bought the viper once it think it was and thought it was absolute garbage (without any mods)..

Also, when you buy a dual wield, can you stil zoom? or does the zoom function as the second weapon fire?

Dreavus

Can you find and craft Market items that can only be purchased with platinum? Can you only unlock colors with platinum?

Yes and yes. Look for "blueprints" in the marketplace for most weapons, and you can find some other ones in missions. Sadly, platinum is the only way to get those colour panes.

Abandond

Not exactly, i bought the viper once it think it was and thought it was absolute garbage (without any mods)..

Also, when you buy a dual wield, can you stil zoom? or does the zoom function as the second weapon fire?

My friend uses viper and it is definitely better than the lato once you reach a level where lato starts sucking for some reason. My level 27 lato was doing like 3 damage at one point, level 2 akbolto was hitting for 25, heh.

I'm pretty positive you can't zoom but I have not actually tried.

Edit: I am wrong, cool. I am completely ok with this.

Dreavus

Welp, Ash components on the way. Going to need to think about putting a bit of money into this pretty soon (just for slots, haha).

LkPr

Question: I just started playing (finished 4 missions so far) and I tried changing my weapon to on that seemed like it was available (meaning it didn't have any requirements to purchase it) but when I clicked on it it said that the weapon I selected had a Level requirement of 2 and I currently was 0... but I'm rank 3. So i don't understand the difference between 'rank' and 'level'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom