• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

ToxicAdam

Just beat the Leaving Brazil insane challenge. Storm (Classic) is my go to... Allowed Spidey to take damage, which soon took out Daken and Bullseye with Storm's whirlwind counter.

Got 500 ISO sent out to 3 "Facebook" friends too, which was cool.

Yea, thanks for those rewards. They have been much appreciated.

I beat the Brazil challenge in a similar manner. I brought along Thor and Classic Storm. Spidey triggered her passive(s) when he got hit and I used Thor's red/yellow strikes to finish them off.

Once you get it down to the Thug, it's just a matter of making sure to clear out any blue tiles he lays down and hoping that any yellows that pop don't trigger a chain reaction.

At one point it was my Storm (with 400 HPs) versus the Thug (with 4000 HPs). I still won.

I have Thor up to level 50 now. He is such a beast.

I thought I'd get the rest of the rewards for an old story mission that was at 1/4. I got 20 ISO four times in a row. 4. Four.

...and then a Venom cover from the recruit token. At least I could actually train him with it.

I am a 20 ISO run that is as astonishing as it is heartbreaking.

redcrayon

Is there a mission that gives the player classic storms passive ability?
I havent seen one yet, it's luck of the draw, a bit like Spideys group heal.

Does anyone have any advice for Ragnarok, at the end of the campaign? He's level 115, and has an ability that costs 2 red (!) but does 600 damage, so he's using it every other turn. My best team is (predictably) Classic Spidey, classic storm and iron man/Thor for damage, and while Spidey is level 40, the other two are level 30 and I can't grind them up anymore without getting covers. Is Ragnarok scaling with me or something? Perhaps I should take in Black Widow and try to stun-lock him?

ToxicAdam

Yea, you need a maxed out Widow that can stun for 5 turns.

Load up your bonus cards with +3 AP, +3 Blue and +20% damage against Dark Avengers. You just need to make one blue match and then you can do some work. If you get a board that doesn't have a blue match, just exit and try again.

Storm/Thor/Widow was my combo. I used Widow to stun (blue) and steal AP (purple). Storm to collect AP (with her green skill) and Thor to damage and flood the field with Yellows/Greens. It's a nice synergy that all feeds off each other.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Thanks for this. I stopped doing them after getting Moonstone since like the other poster said, I was just losing a ton of points and getting to 500 would have been a pain.

You can see both progression and final rank prizes of every even just by clicking at the top centre icon (the one showing how many # unstable ISOS/shield rank/whatever you have): Then on the bottom you'll be able to selected various blades to check everything about that tournament/event.

You can see both progression and final rank prizes of every even just by clicking at the top centre icon (the one showing how many # unstable ISOS/shield rank/whatever you have): Then on the bottom you'll be able to selected various blades to check everything about that tournament/event.

no
WAY

THANK YOU!!!

Wow.

Edit: Ha. What BenjaminBirdie said. I had no idea.

redcrayon

Yea, you need a maxed out Widow that can stun for 5 turns.

Load up your bonus cards with +3 AP, +3 Blue and +20% damage against Dark Avengers. You just need to make one blue match and then you can do some work. If you get a board that doesn't have a blue match, just exit and try again.

Storm/Thor/Widow was my combo. I used Widow to stun (blue) and steal AP (purple). Storm to collect AP (with her green skill) and Thor to damage and flood the field with Yellows/Greens. It's a nice synergy that all feeds off each other.
Ah, thanks. Looks like I need to grind up Widow as she's only level 15, but I have the maxed out stun, so it's just a matter of time :)

AVclub

Loving all the strategy talk in here! With all these hero combinations, there's a really nice depth to the gameplay. Having gotten this far, I'm bummed that I wasted so much ISO8 on characters I ultimately wound up selling. Seems like it will be an uphill struggle to grind my team to something useable.

Mairu

I don't have any high level characters. I have a bunch around lvl 20-30, which makes it difficult to clear those missions :(

Spread out my levelling too much, but I don't like getting rid of characters (all the coins to hero slots!)

redcrayon

It's interesting how characters with weaker support abilities, rather than direct damage, can work well on certain missions. Classic Hawkeye is great when fighting against minions with long countdown times, like rocket launchers, as he helps to clear out their abilities.

Flunkie

Banned
Didn't know these existed, but there's a 90 min lightning round going on right now.

Edit. Seems I'm late lol

My team blows. I need some badass team suggestions. I like black widows stun but her health sucks and I like storms hailstorm but the same thing with her, health is low

My favorite combination right now is:

Storm (Classic)
Thor
Future Magneto

Thor is good for blunt damage and has nice Red and Yellow specials. Magneto is great for his Purple special, which generates Blue tiles because... Storm has an amazing Blue special (does 1000 damage to all enemies and stuns an enemy for 4 turns). Her Green attack is also great since it clears a lot of the board and generates AP. And her passive as mentioned is amazing - especially when you're forced to play with a certain character who has low HP, and every time he gets hit storm counters with 800 damage to all enemies. You have no idea how many times I've used the human shield technique.

If I don't use Magneto, then I use Bullseye, since his Purple passive shield power works nicely, and he's a good human shield himself.

heringer

My favorite combination right now is:

Storm (Classic)
Thor
Future Magneto

Thor is good for blunt damage and has nice Red and Yellow specials. Magneto is great for his Purple special, which generates Blue tiles because... Storm has an amazing Blue special (does 1000 damage to all enemies and stuns an enemy for 4 turns). Her Green attack is also great since it clears a lot of the board and generates AP. And her passive as mentioned is amazing - especially when you're forced to play with a certain character who has low HP, and every time he gets hit storm counters with 800 damage to all enemies. You have no idea how many times I've used the human shield technique.

If I don't use Magneto, then I use Bullseye, since his Purple passive shield power works nicely, and he's a good human shield himself.

My Team is similar. I use Daken instead of Magneto.

Any way to get Modern Storm's passive ability? Don't want to pay for it, and currently grinding on Venom's world until I complete it.

Yaari

Is there any way to get Magneto and Thor without paying for it? Rewards or such?

The Lightning thing that is going on right now is fun. But I doubt my level10 team can make it to a point where I get a worthwhile reward.

The Facebook group is definitely paying off. I've gotten alot of stuff from you guys :D

Got Doctor Doom from that last Lightning, which is neat.

Problem is I have him and a few other 3 stars (Loki, Ragnorok, Spider-Man), but no way to upgrade them past paying for coins. I suppose you need to wait for tournaments where they're available, but it's somewhat irritating not being able to upgrade their HP with ISO until you do, because they're just taking up space right now (though I think I might be able to use Doom since he has a Black power, which my mains don't).

It's worth winning just 1 match in a Lightning though, since you get 70/140 ISO and then 250 ISO when it ends.

I'm really annoyed that they only give out cards to the very best of the best for these tournaments. It engenders a cyclical pattern where the best players consistently get the best rewards.

Also: I got my first Facebook connect ISO! Thanks!!

ToxicAdam

Yea, the PVP ladders can be pretty punishing for new(er) players. I know I will often cycle through opponents until I find the weakest team that provides the most points.

They might have to think about doing different tiers of PVP events to seperate those that have been playing since Day 1.

I was able to get The Hood (two covers) in one of the lightning events. Had to burn about 10 health packs (and used about 6000 ISO in level ups) to keep up with the upper tier. That puts me at 19 different characters now.

Yaari

I just got Dr Doom from the Recruit thingie during the Lightning event. Although it cost me so much ISO, haha. Oh well.

I simply was not able to make it to the top 25, only started 2 days ago.Got put against level 30 guys with my highest being 15. No chance.

Yea, the PVP ladders can be pretty punishing for new(er) players. I know I will often cycle through opponents until I find the weakest team that provides the most points.

They might have to think about doing different tiers of PVP events to seperate those that have been playing since Day 1.

I was able to get The Hood (two covers) in one of the lightning events. Had to burn about 10 health packs (and used about 6000 ISO in level ups) to keep up with the upper tier. That puts me at 19 different characters now.

Yeah that's the thing. I just can't spend/lose that much health over such a short period of time and I don't have enough super high characs to hang.

STILL hitting so many 20 ISOs. Still crying myself to sleep.

gabbre

Is there any way to get Magneto and Thor without paying for it? Rewards or such?

The Lightning thing that is going on right now is fun. But I doubt my level10 team can make it to a point where I get a worthwhile reward.

The Facebook group is definitely paying off. I've gotten alot of stuff from you guys :D
You can get Thor as reward is "Who Is This Clown" and "Yelena Belova" missions

I'm in a pretty cushy spot on Red ISO at #174. Hopefully it'll hold and I'll snag that Model 50 Iron Man.

LOVE that suit.

(They better never put that new Space Suit on this. YUCK!)

So how do I unlink my Facebook from my real one and link it with my fake one?

Looking for an answer to this as well. =)
We've covered this in the FAQ in the "Facebook" thread, but the issue seems to be that you can't un-link a FB account right now. So you might have to email the devs asking them to do so.

If you haven't yet linked a FB account to the game, then the FAQ explains how to do so without linking your actual FB account.

Keits

Developer
I now have 7 covers waiting in my cache and no way to earn coins to increase capacity. I'd consider paying if the price was at all reasonable, but a new slot is 200 coins now ($2). The only alternative is to sell covers, which means identifying characters that I think are weak, or just getting rid of 1-star guys even though my 2-stars havent really caught up to them yet.

And who's to say they wont buff the character I thought was weak in the next update and I'll regret it?

I'd really really rather just pay $10 and own a version of the game without the coin/storage limitation stuff.

EEEEEK!!!

Marvel Now Magneto from my 50 Point Venom Reward Cover Chit!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE
He pairs awesomely with Storm lvl 2, since his purple attack generates blue squares, which you can almost always make at least a critical with, which then gives Storm enough to do her freezing power.

White Man

Argh, lack of coins is killing me. Is the only way to get them from certain fights or payin' up?

I'll have to set this up with Facebook, too.

Mairu

Argh, lack of coins is killing me. Is the only way to get them from certain fights or payin' up?

I'll have to set this up with Facebook, too.

There are some single player missions (the end ones of each part) that usually have a small coin reward

I've spent $3 on coins just for expanding storage and I don't really mind, I've put a lot of time into the game :O

Yaari

True, maybe if I keep enjoying it I'll get those slots, they really are annoying. I've had to sell some stuff that I really would have prefered to keep.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I started playing this. The currency system is a little convoluted but I more or less enjoy playi g it. The training system is also not very intuitive on first glance you really have to click around and stumble on stuff it seems.

heringer

Every level 1 character (except for Iron Man) and Bagman.

Even Black Widow? She's more usefull than some 2 stars characters I have.

I think I'll try to train a Juggernaut. Huge HP and his red ability seems very strong. Could be a good bench for Thor (maybe better than Iron-Man).

How did you get so many Magneto's covers anyway? I only have one...

Top Bottom