• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

nightcrawler detailed

https://news.marvel.com/games/78585/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-nightcrawler/

also confirming more mutants will be coming.

Josh Austin: Nightcrawler's first ability is called BAMF! And it costs 7 Purple AP. With a puff of smoke and brimstone, Nightcrawler teleports away from damage and into position to strike. This converts basic tiles to the color most present on the board. The ability also has a passive that triggers when the team would take damage causing Nightcrawler to go airborne instead of taking the damage.

His second ability is called En Garde! and it costs 9 Red AP. Time for the dual sabers and his superhuman agility! For this ability, Nightcrawler deals damage and if the player has enough AP in their strongest color based on the abilities level, then this power deals almost even more damage.

His last ability is called Everywhere At Once and it costs 12 Blue AP. For this ability, Nightcrawler leaps in and out of the shadows to confuse, to disarm and disorient his enemy. Deals damage for each point of AP the enemy has in their strongest color and destroys 4 AP in that pool.

Wvd0hk5.png

seems like his purple might be designed to be a bit anti thanos.
as does his blue since thanos' strongest power is black and doesn't have an active ability for him.

Nightcrawler will be available on October 19 and will be a part of two events with him as a placement reward including Thick As Thieves and S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event that will start on October 19. Nightcrawler's featured event is called The Hunt and starts October 22. Lastly, his Versus Tournament is called Fuzzy Elf and starts on October 22.

more shield training... so it seems like we will be able to get a random cover of his, which really takes some of the stress off a new release.

though I also wouldn't be surprised if rogue was a required 209 character to get the cover... which I can't do :/

Time Season character updates are Fury and Psylocke. But that's not the big news. The big news is that as of Time Season, wins-based PvP is official.

zulux21

Time Season character updates are Fury and Psylocke. But that's not the big news. The big news is that as of Time Season, wins-based PvP is official.

sounds like you need a 209 inviso woman, elektra, and rogue to get the night crawler cover.

I mean personally I don't mind the wins based pvp as I didn't play pvp much, and in general it will allow me to actually get to the 4* cover with less effort, as that 800 to 900 walk is really painful :/

I think it took me like 8 40 point matches to get there in rapid secession.

sounds like you need a 209 inviso woman, elektra, and rogue to get the night crawler cover.

I mean personally I don't mind the wins based pvp as I didn't play pvp much, and in general it will allow me to actually get to the 4* cover with less effort, as that 800 to 900 walk is really painful :/

Honestly, this (win-based PvP) is one of the few moves the game has made that is straight anti-whale, so I'm a little surprised they did it, but not shocked. But if they're set on removing the top CP (basically because they realize that unless they put it at a crazy number most people are going to be willing to grind for it), then it's going to be a straight up player revolt among the high end.

Spoit

I don't know what to say, I was able to do 0-900 in like 45 minutes of play time for 3 out of the last 4 events, most of them in the last hour where hits flow like water. And I only missed the last one because I underestimated how long it would take to finish off a near-max champ dino after taking out his wingmen.

I don't know what to say, I was able to do 0-900 in like 45 minutes of play time for 3 out of the last 4 events, most of them in the last hour where hits flow like water. And I only missed the last one because I underestimated how long it would take to finish off a near-max champ dino after taking out his wingmen.

That's if you're fast, and remember that zulux doesn't like playing fast.

Spoit

Also, ock is once again the required character for the new character release. So fuck that.

I'm still debating if I want to waste the iso to take IW and elektra to 209. I guess it will depend on if I get enough rogues when the tokens flip

zulux21

i got to 800 in like an hour without much issue, as soon as i hit 800 though everyone swarms me and it's a battle to finish two 40 point matches before I get hit for 50.

5 minutes after I got to 900 I was back down to 750.
30 minutes after I was back down to 550.

and an hour after I was in the 400s lol.

zulux21

Are you leaving 3*s out there or something?

I was running a champ grocket + champ starlord + 0/0/5 gambit during the last event

as well as IF + Gambit + carol.

I actually got like 30 defense wins as well, just got hit some after 700 and then as soon as I hit 800 I get hit like every 25 seconds.

Triz

after facing a leveled up Vulture in the 5 star node of the deadpool event, I think I may favorite him and try to power level. If he gets 6 Black it’s game over just about every time.

zulux21

after facing a leveled up Vulture in the 5 star node of the deadpool event, I think I may favorite him and try to power level. If he gets 6 Black it’s game over just about every time.

yeah he seems solid.

also full nightcrawler cover stats

his blue seems underwhelming for the cost, but his other two colors could prove useful.
I feel like his purple could be fun with prof x :p

zulux21

So much for Shield training for me. 120 Rogue needed, but I've only got 3 covers for her.

yeah this is just terrible.

she hasn't even been in packs proper yet :/

well I guess she just got in them.

though bleh..... 5* gambit hasn't replaced doc oc yet.

Spoit

I got pretty lucky in my pulls. 3 gambits (entirely through BH) from the ~50 heroics I had stocked. Then I did like 10 LL and 8 classics and got the 3 rogues I needed to hit 209 (2/3 from BH), along with the ock I needed for the essential node, another red PP (0/0/3), a blue SS (5/1/5, that won't be a problem to finish >.>), and a black BW (0/0/4)

And as expected, there's a high-end revolt because they kept the 15 CP out of the progression rewards in individual PvP events. Interestingly enough, they kept it in the Season rewards.

zulux21

And as expected, there's a high-end revolt because they kept the 15 CP out of the progression rewards in individual PvP events. Interestingly enough, they kept it in the Season rewards.

"our percent usage misdirection with OML worked we can do it again here."

yeah... I can imagine the outrage given how many people in the high end end up in brackets where the top 25 are all more than 1200 points, meaning there is no way in hell in the high end stuff that more people will get CP from placement then they did from progression.

Triz

In Deadpool Daily news, looks like the 4 or 5 (pretty sure its 4) year anniversary rewards are a ton of Dino Covers again. 25CP tomorrow, Dr. Strange 5* then Dino's at least 3 days.

Im going to try and late join for a Nightcrawler cover. Have a concert festival this weekend that blows any chance of me trying to get it the standard way.

zulux21

In Deadpool Daily news, looks like the 4 or 5 (pretty sure its 4) year anniversary rewards are a ton of Dino Covers again. 25CP tomorrow, Dr. Strange 5* then Dino's at least 3 days.

Im going to try and late join for a Nightcrawler cover. Have a concert festival this weekend that blows any chance of me trying to get it the standard way.

you mean shield resupply :p

as for nightcrawler I thought about late join, and then though.... meh I would rather get the resources from playing a bit.

i can always get him from progression next time, especially since I have every currently released 5*.

though it does seem I managed to get into a bracket that I can get a top 100 without a ton of effort, as merely doing 4 clears for everything still has me in the top 100 hours after the second part of the hunt started.

Spoit

Ugh, I knew I should have waited for a new flip instead of going for the hour-old one. Ended up at 22 after my initial clear. Going to be pretty much impossible to get top 10, and even the 2nd cover is going to be dicey

Your boardgamegaf link didn't work. PM me one?

Also, I'm probably out at this point. I just don't want to be associated with this place, and my other communities got banned. Won't suicide, though, so you can still PM me.

zulux21

so since we kind of want to ditch the commander that only logs in every few days anyways.

I set up a new alliance named TBD-vengers
priority will be given to current members, but we will have at least one opening.

the plan is to jump to the new alliance at around 5PM CDT tomorrow as that should allow everyone to get their daily log in iso without interruptions, but it might cause some alliance placement issues on the current events.... but it will sadly be unavoidable as Fjord logs in just enough that CS will likely not help me with him.

new discord link

hidden in email quote to see.

hitoman

I would like to switch over too (member Starmie). I'm in hawaii so if we're doing this tomorrow 6pm central is the middle of my work day, if you could give me a little time.

zulux21

I would like to switch over too (member Starmie). I'm in hawaii so if we're doing this tomorrow 6pm central is the middle of my work day, if you could give me a little time.

actually we were doing it right now.

just move when you get a chance though, it's not going to be an exact science.

just want it done before the next alliance event that isn't scheduled yet lol.

actually we were doing it right now.

just move when you get a chance though, it's not going to be an exact science.

just want it done before the next alliance event that isn't scheduled yet lol.

Do you guys still have that one extra opening. I lurk a bit but would love to be in a more active alliance then I am now

zulux21

I'd love to join you guys, but I'm ridiculously underpowered. I do play every day though.

the alliance rules are simple.

play nearly every day
and play hard on most alliance events (we understand sometimes life gets in the way :p)

no one from the original alliance has applied overnight (of the three we are missing) so if you want to apply for now you can, I just can't promise that i won't need to remove you in a day or two to put back an alliance member that realizes late that we moved.

Khaz

That's the thing, unless it's like the first couple of levels in the alliance events (that you will be done with in a few minutes I'm sure) I can't really help.

Anyway if you do have a spare place and no one else to fill it with, you can pm me if you like.

zulux21

That's the thing, unless it's like the first couple of levels in the alliance events (that you will be done with in a few minutes I'm sure) I can't really help.

Anyway if you do have a spare place and no one else to fill it with, you can pm me if you like.

well I mean early on the unlocks are easy enough that even a little damage against the boss will still help. also it's not like we can't give suggustions on how to do things with lower level teams. in general if you have a decent roster of 3*s you can go quite far.

if you apply now I will let you in. I can't promise you will stay in, but when I left there were 4 people that in a 24 hour period never got back to me.

so we currently have two temp openings that may become perm :p

I jumped in now, went to bed last night and didn't see this til the morning.

NineH

I dont think that would be a problem because in the last alliance event, I think 2 people didn't play at all so any contribution is welcomed.

zulux21

I dont think that would be a problem because in the last alliance event, I think 2 people didn't play at all so any contribution is welcomed.

yeah there were at least 2 that didn't do anything and like 6-7 people that only did like 5-10k points lol.

we still got to round 7 no problem because when some of us play seriously...
we uh... play really seriously lol.

Top Bottom