• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Ronabo

My broken team is classic Magneto, classic Storm and Thor.

All three have all their abilities and are level 50. With the boosters that give +3 to certain colors, I can beat impossible rated teams without them getting a turn sometimes.

Any suggestions on beating the Hard Stolen Stash fight on Unstable ISO?

I'm at 168 and dropping fast and I WANT DAT MODEL 40 SUIT!!

My highest guys are like Iron Man, Black Widow, and Storm in their mid-20s.
Can't stress enough how powerful Classic Storm is. Basically for any challenge that has timer/countdown enemies, all you have to do is use Classic Storm, try to do as much damage and stop as many counters as you can, and then when the time comes when a timer has to explode, make a move with one of your other characters (a computer character you're saddled with is the best since it doesn't matter if they get hurt/downed), and let them take the heat. Storm will then counter with a 600+ whirlwind blast, and you can keep doing that.

Can't stress enough how powerful Classic Storm is. Basically for any challenge that has timer/countdown enemies, all you have to do is use Classic Storm, try to do as much damage and stop as many counters as you can, and then when the time comes when a timer has to explode, make a move with one of your other characters (a computer character you're saddled with is the best since it doesn't matter if they get hurt/downed), and let them take the heat. Storm will then counter with a 600+ whirlwind blast, and you can keep doing that.

Thanks for the tip!

But!!

GUYS!!!

I just DEMOLISHED them with a 26 Iron Man, a 24 Storm, and 30 X-Force Wolverine.

They landed like ONE skull attack. So you really do have a decent shot against any level thug if you play the board right.

Although I bet higher level ones can drop sicker stronger attacks more easily.

Anyways. I'm at 162 now. I hope it can hold another day.

eeeeeeee

ToxicAdam

Has anyone even attempted the Brazil mission? I'm too scared.

I'm at 45th place in my red ISO tournament. I have 1290 points. Don't think I will reach the spider man cover at 1500.

Mairu

I was a little too weary of some of the missions towards the beginning of the week that I probably could've done, so I'm probably not even going to get an Iron Man (currently ranked #208 w/1145 ISO-8)

Decided to take some screenshots of my current collection. I think I spread out my levelling a bit too much and it makes it so I spend a lot of time skipping groups that have 2 40+ characters in the PvP tournaments.

ohPq6gH.jpg
rIOIemZ.jpg
uk3kkx1.jpg
EDjmHgq.jpg
I hope the next time I get a Heroic token I get lucky enough to get Thor's yellow power :(

Whoa you are in a really unfortunate bucket. I'm at 158 with 685 ISO.

But YEAHHHH I beat ISO Raiders, which was leveled IMPOSSIBLE for me!!!

Oh my gosh I might actually getttttt itttttt yahhhhhh

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I need space for my covers otherwise I'll be forced to either spend more money or drop a character, so I was wondering: I've got Magneto 2 stars and Classic Bwidow 3 stars waiting for me on the deposit, but they'll only be there for another 20 or so hours. Are those two any good? Never fought them.
I just got a 3 stars Loki but it actually seems pretty crappy?? 8 black gems to swap 9 tiles and 13 or so purple to make the big switcheroo... meh. Should I just get rid of him?
The other candidate to make space seems to be Venom, as soon as the weekend tourney ends, even tho I leveled him a bit and I could use him together with my classic Spidey lev25 I just don't find his powers compelling, you ever find his "devour" ability useful?

Also, finally got rid to maxed out lev28 classic Hawkeye, I hardly used him just to clear a line with countdown fights but now there are many better characters to do those thugs fights, I believe.
Man, getting rid of stuff is the hardest thing in the game :p

It takes luck. The trick is to use Classic Storm and restart the game until you can make an attack with Venom (the environment tiles). Hopefully Ragnorok or whoever will only make a single match, which will cause Storm to send a whirlwind response. If you're lucky, this happens three or so times. Then it's a matter of keeping an eye on their AP and using Storm's blue and green attacks fast (and Thor's red/yellow in my case).

Cynar

Just beat Battle in Brazil without taking any damage. I have the POWER
I did it with cap, Hawkeye and modern storm. Chain stunned the hell out of Ragnarok and used Storm for quick mana. I was very lucky because I tried it again and got beat in 5 turns.

It takes luck. The trick is to use Classic Storm and restart the game until you can make an attack with Venom (the environment tiles). Hopefully Ragnorok or whoever will only make a single match, which will cause Storm to send a whirlwind response. If you're lucky, this happens three or so times. Then it's a matter of keeping an eye on their AP and using Storm's blue and green attacks fast (and Thor's red/yellow in my case).

I really need to get my Classic Storm leveled higher.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Venom?!
So, regarding my questions above, I take it I shouldn't get rid of him? I really don't have idea how to use the guy well I guess...

Venom?!
So, regarding my questions above, I take it I shouldn't get rid of him? I really don't have idea how to use the guy well I guess...
Isn't Venom the default guy you have to use in that fight? Or is it Captain America? Or is there no default (I don't have my iPhone on me). I've been doing the Venom challenge today, so I might've mixed things up there.

Regardless, whoever the default is, use him as a human shield. If there is no default, then it might not hurt to use one of your weaker characters in the fight for that purpose.

Regarding your question on who to keep: I've gotten rid of all my level 1 characters except for Iron Man, though I will admit that I've been downed more than once by level 1 Storm in the Venom tournament this weekend. She might be worth keeping.

DEFINITELY KEEP MAGNETO LEVEL 2. He works SO WELL with Classic Storm (his purple gets you blue, which gives Storm her biggest attack).

I'd get rid of Hawkeye or Venom. It's nice having Hawkeye destroy countdown tiles, but he's too weak to use in any real battle. Just my opinion.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Is it fathomable to keep every unique cover you come across or is it a waste of time and I should only focus on a few that I like?

Well, I made it up to 922 in the Venom tournament (14th overall). Looking forward to waking up in the morning to -600 points!

Just realized with Daylight Savings THERES A WHOLE EXTRA HOUR OF PEOPLE PLAYING UNSTABLE ISO.

My god. I'm at 169.

Please. PLEASE. Just.

Hang on.

ToxicAdam

Mother of god, I woke up this morning to a -331 points in the venom tournament.

Edit: came all the way back, to break 1000 twice,only to have some loss set me back 37 points. That 1000 tier is 500 gold. Bullshit.

heringer

How did you guys even came across with this many Magneto,covers? I only got the one (though admittedly I sold one before).

I'm only a few days into this game and I find the countdown tiles from the soldiers difficult to nullify without Hawkeye and Bag Man.

Is there another character that caters to this better?

Yaari

I gave up on the Venom tournament, they had great rewards in there, but I am just too low leveled and at one point was struggling even beating 9 point teams. I only started a few days ago so I guess it is to be expected.

Classic Storm really is incredible. I hope I can do some work in the ISO-8 tournament. Should be able to pick some rewards up there.

Is there a good beginner's guide? I have no idea what is going on, and it told me to combine covers, but I don't know what that means. What do I do, for example, when I have two Black Widow's, but one has the first power and the other has the second? Can I combine the two? I'm a little confused.
Playing on android, BTW.

Mairu

Is there a good beginner's guide? I have no idea what is going on, and it told me to combine covers, but I don't know what that means. What do I do, for example, when I have two Black Widow's, but one has the first power and the other has the second? Can I combine the two? I'm a little confused.
Playing on android, BTW.

If you go to Train and then Train Powers you can teach one of them the other power with the cover

Ahh, I get it now. They don't really make it obvious what the covers mean, etc. Thanks!

Is the best thing to do to just keep grinding that first group of missions until I've gotten all the rewards?

Man, driving me nuts that both tournaments are ending within an hour of each other. Not using any Heals so I can make a final surge in either, though it's not looking like the Red ISO tournament is going to update again before it ends. Unless it is...

What the hell, I just got passed by 3 people in the Red ISO challenge in the last 20 minutes! The map hasn't been updated, right?

Mairu

I'm just barely in the top 500 in the Venom Tournament but I'll probably get edged out by the time it's over. Need health packs or ISO to upgrade to continue :(

ToxicAdam

Didn't realize the Venom event ended an hour earlier than normal. Dammit. Would have easily placed in a spot to,earn two Loki covers.

YESSS

I just beat Battle in Brazil four times in an hour and a half and finished in 14th. Just got all three Iron Man model 40's, along with 500 coins and ISO.

That was a GRIND.

Top 50 in the ISO event - I was 16th in the evening, but the EU timezones and event end times don't mesh well. Not that I would have grinded the Brazil mission anyway. Not sure how useful the modern Iron Man is, but the 500 coins mean that I can get another slot and buy at least a couple of heroic covers...

*buys a couple of heroic covers*

A second power for Magneto and an upgrade for Bullseye. Meh.

thaOwner

Top 50 in the ISO event - I was 16th in the evening, but the EU timezones and event end times don't mesh well. Not that I would have grinded the Brazil mission anyway. Not sure how useful the modern Iron Man is, but the 500 coins mean that I can get another slot and buy at least a couple of heroic covers...

*buys a couple of heroic covers*

A second power for Magneto and an upgrade for Bullseye. Meh.

Just pulled a wolverine x-force from the 100 gold i received

No new tourney yet but I think I might wait a day to hop in the next episodic one. I think buckets are filled first come first serve so the first few ones will be the hardest core dudes.

I saw on the dev forum some dude beat Brazil three times and only made the top 200! In my bucket I made 184 without ever beating a single impossible!!

No new tourney yet but I think I might wait a day to hop in the next episodic one. I think buckets are filled first come first serve so the first few ones will be the hardest core dudes.

I saw on the dev forum some dude beat Brazil three times and only made the top 200! In my bucket I made 184 without ever beating a single impossible!!

What leads you to believe this? If it's true then I'll be doing the same as you.

I'm loving all of the Facebook freebies from this game.

What leads you to believe this? If it's true then I'll be doing the same as you.

I'm loving all of the Facebook freebies from this game.

Just that anecdote I read/mentioned. There's no way there's not harder core brackets if that dude is telling the truth.

And it makes sense. The first buckets are going to get filled by the people who are waiting the most for the new events. So they'll run to the game and start immediately (especially if they've exhausted everything else to do in the game).

I need to connect my Facebook!

ToxicAdam

Yea, you definitely need to connect to facebook. I probably average about 700-900 free ISO a day along with other boosts.

I still don't know how it works. Sometimes when I click the +3 Allies button, 10 people will show up to receive gifts and other times its only 3.

factorybelt

Neo Member
Yea, you definitely need to connect to facebook. I probably average about 700-900 free ISO a day along with other boosts.

I still don't know how it works. Sometimes when I click the +3 Allies button, 10 people will show up to receive gifts and other times its only 3.

Sending Juggernaut to 25 people on my friends list seems excessive, but is totally awesome.

Yaari

Yeah I received a Juggernaut today, haha.

The bracketing thing seems odd. If it works like that then what is the point in jumping in early, might as well wait.

Top Bottom