• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

What's the highest difficulty? What if I never use my revives, could I just get kicked out?

Mmm... Higher the enemy level, higher the difficulty.

If you never use your revives, you just stay there, dead. But you get no rewards and nearly no EXP when the mission ends.

Mupod

Is everything available through grinding or are there like cosmetic stuff to buy?

Most of the things you'd think are cash-only can often be acquired through periodic 'alerts'. Every few hours one will pop up with a blueprint for a rare item, and sometimes it'll be something like a helmet. I don't know if scarves can show up in these because I stopped playing shortly after they were added.

Anyways, fun enough game that I put quite a bit of time into, just beware the grind. If that doesn't scare you off, go nuts. Paying money doesn't even get you all that much really.

Pop

Mmm... Higher the enemy level, higher the difficulty.

If you never use your revives, you just stay there, dead. But you get no rewards and nearly no EXP when the mission ends.

So it's level based, gotcha.

Well that's unfortunate, so you're forced to use a revive.

Spazznid

So it's level based, gotcha.

Well that's unfortunate, so you're forced to use a revive.

In my experience, they replenish more than once a day, sometimes. For whatever reason, I've had them replenish around three or more times yesterday. I think it's supposed to be once a day, but meh.

Atlas157

What's the highest difficulty? What if I never use my revives, could I just get kicked out?

The game goes by levels.

Mercury is the lowest leveled Planet, while Pluto is the highest leveled I think.

Before you're forced to use a revive you get put into a bleed out mode, kind of like Gears of War, where your mates can come and revive you. But if they get to you too late or you're playing by yourself you have to use a revive.

Is it pay2win or cosmetics only?

You can buy your weapons/frames with money, or you can build them by getting random drops from enemies and blueprints.

Does anyone want me to livestream the game on Twitch so you guys can see more gameplay?

Spazznid

1080P, 30 FPS?

60fps

Is it pay2win or cosmetics only?

Mostly a coop game, so Pay2Win can't really happen much. You can pay to unlock stuff immediately or to build stuff faster. You can get anything in a day or two, as in like 5-10 hours, if you know what to do, where to go, etc. People are perfectly fine with unlocking things the old fashioned way. It's more about convenience than winning, really. Skins and colors and stuff are usually pay only, unless there's a special occasion.

If anyone's interested, I urge you to watch MIKE B's Crash Coarse videos. They reall give a good idea of what this game is about, and that's getting with others, bein' a ninja, and slicing/blasting stuff up.

Atlas157

I think it was said somewhere that it's currently 1080p 30-60 FPS.

Also, maybe it was just me, but what was up with some of the blurriness? Maybe it was just my character model / menus, but my guy always looked super blurry / full of bloom effects.

The game has a lot of bloom and some motion blur.

But the motion blur in that PS4 video isn't that bad for me on PC, so I dunno what's up with that.

Pop

I do that with my main warframe - Ash.

I use invisibility and just maul dudes with dual hand axes, usually able to replenish my energy by killing so it's nearly endless invis.

dual wield eh

That's badass, so I can be like a fury warrior ...whoaaa

I think it was said somewhere that it's currently 1080p 30-60 FPS.

Also, maybe it was just me, but what was up with some of the blurriness? Maybe it was just my character model / menus, but my guy always looked super blurry / full of bloom effects.

There's actually a Bloom filter button that you can check on or off on PC. It's kind of distracting. I doubt that'll be in the PS4 version though. :-(

reKon

Banned
How long does it usually take to hit the Level 30 limit? I'm more of a 1 or 2 characters type of RPG player. There's an insane number of frames to choose from too and it's going to be difficult to pick one. Ash seems to be up my alley because I usually go with the Assassin, critical strike type of character in these games.

Mupod

My information might be outdated, but if you know what you're doing you can max out a frame or weapon very, very quickly. Like a couple hours? Mobile defense gives TONS of xp with a group that sticks together.

It's forma and mod cards that will keep you busy. Forma is basically something that 'prestiges' your weapon or frame and resets it to 1, but lets you add polarity to one of its slots - in layman's terms, you can essentially halve the cost to equip a mod in that slot. You can make some horrendously overpowered guns like this if you can get your hands on a lot of Forma and spend a lot of time.

Mod cards can be infuriatingly rare drops and the hunt for more is one of the main drives in the game aside from constructing new frames and weapons. And after you get them, you still need to level them up. Leveling up mod cards is basically where you get most of your power in this game, not specifically leveling up your frames and weapons - in fact, the primary reason to level those is to allow yourself to equip more mods.

taoofjord

I'm surprised at how fun this looks. I've heard good things but I didn't know much about it.

Can someone explain how the PS4 story teaser fits into the game? How will a story/cut-scenes be integrated? Or is this just a cinematic intro?

IcyEyes

Loved this game, can't wait to play on my PS4.
Awesome art direction, pretty fun and enjoyable, no need to spent money.

I'm surprised at how fun this looks. I've heard good things but I didn't know much about it.

Can someone explain how the PS4 story teaser fits into the game? How will a story/cut-scenes be integrated? Or is this just a cinematic intro?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but, I believe the story stuff is new. I think they decided to add more narrative and cinematics to the game due to the console release. On ps blog they said more stuff was coming about story and the universe before launch.

thelastword

Banned
Oh damn, the pre-order page isn't working. Hope I wasn't too late.
Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with the pre-order page, it either does not load or says it's not available. Many people have complained about it on the ps-blog, but so far no responses. Funny thing is, the deadline for preordering ends on 11/12/13, so hopefully they sort it out or someone addresses the issue before then.

0JiTJd5.png

pDqGnlA.png

Mupod

I wouldn't stress out over it too much. You won't use the Braton for very long, 20,000 credits is pretty much nothing, 50 plat is a couple of slots I guess. But from what I've seen in the past if this deal doesn't go through I bet DE will credit everybody (even if they said they wouldn't).

KOHIPEET

Nice OT indeed. Warframe will be one of those games that I'll play a lot.

Any news on those competitive maps they're planning to add?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I wouldn't stress out over it too much. You won't use the Braton for very long, 20,000 credits is pretty much nothing, 50 plat is a couple of slots I guess. But from what I've seen in the past if this deal doesn't go through I bet DE will credit everybody (even if they said they wouldn't).

I dont know man I ran with the Braton for a long ass time.

This game is really fun. I have played it on PC a little bit but it was on my dinky laptop so the textures often didn't load. Looking forward to playing this.

PSN: Dredguno
Time zone: CST

wsippel

Banned
How long does it usually take to hit the Level 30 limit? I'm more of a 1 or 2 characters type of RPG player. There's an insane number of frames to choose from too and it's going to be difficult to pick one. Ash seems to be up my alley because I usually go with the Assassin, critical strike type of character in these games.
That's not really how it works here - Warframes aren't really characters in a traditional sense. You only have a single player character and equip Warframes, comparable to different equipment sets in Monster Hunter. Many players have one or two main Warframes for farming and grinding weapon XP, but also level other frames to mix things up and increase the overall player rank, which is required to be able to wield high end weapons.

Narroo

Personally, I'm wondering if the game will actually be working properly by the time the PS4 version comes out. As someone who played the PC version recently, I can say it's not a well crafted game. It looks pretty, but from a gameplay standpoint, it's a mess.

The game is incredibly glitchy. The controls are not reliable. (See wall running.) The game mechanics, controls, and interface are all a bit cumbersome.

Then there's the content. All the game consists of is killing larger mobs of the same enemy with higher numbers in the same rooms, for the entire game. The entire point of the game is to grind for vanity power.

The only reason I stuck it out to the end game was because I had friends on. But then, that was still a bit boring. Can't bring myself to boot the game up because I have nothing to do. Derelict void missions? Just an ugly version of the regular void. Played a few, and I pretty much got the idea.

sophora

Personally, I'm wondering if the game will actually be working properly by the time the PS4 version comes out. As someone who played the PC version recently, I can say it's not a well crafted game. It looks pretty, but from a gameplay standpoint, it's a mess.

The game is incredibly glitchy. The controls are not reliable. (See wall running.) The game mechanics, controls, and interface are all a bit cumbersome.

Then there's the content. All the game consists of is killing larger mobs of the same enemy with higher numbers in the same rooms, for the entire game. The entire point of the game is to grind for vanity power.

The only reason I stuck it out to the end game was because I had friends on. But then, that was still a bit boring. Can't bring myself to boot the game up because I have nothing to do. Derelict void missions? Just an ugly version of the regular void. Played a few, and I pretty much got the idea.

I disagree with the controls being "incredibly glitchy." They don't have smooth/responsiveness you would expect out fo space ninjas but they aren't broken. Just have to get used to how animations work, there are little tricks here and there that are satisfying in themselves to learn and execute well.

I think this game's end-content is different compared to most games. I find myself maxing out rank on new warframes/weapons first then mods. From there my bread and butter is experimenting with what WF works well with what mods, what weapons work well with what mods, then seeing if I can "look cool" or run through missions more effectively. There are still rarer mods I haven't even found that I can't wait to find and experiment with.

I've been playing for 100+ hours on PC but I still consider myself mediocre compared to other players. I think the end-game is about mastering; the rules of movement, warframe ability usage, and weapon expertise. The game itself enforces this idea (excluding abilities, at least for now) with the "Promotion Missions" you have to do to increase your player rank to unlock more advanced weapons.

The game has come along quite well compared to the beginning of the PC beta, especially in the UI.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Anyone know if this game is going to work with remote play?

Just checked their official forums and no reply yet to a topic asking the same thing.

Found this. Someone cut and pasted the description on the sony site before all the problems people are having with not being able to access it now. It shows remote play as one of the features on the list though.

"Warframe® PS4™
Digital Extremes
PSN Game|Released Nov 15, 2013|

Description
Ninjas Play Free. They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun – Masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

www.warframe.com

Video output in Full HD 1080p requires 1080p native display.

Additional hardware required for Remote Play.

Use of PSN and SEN account are subject to the Terms of Service and User Agreement and applicable privacy policy (see terms at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service & sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/privacy-policy).

1 player
Network Players 2-4
1 minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Remote Play
1080p HD Video Output
Online Play (Required)

Purchase or use of this item is subject to the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. This item has been sublicensed to you by Sony Computer Entertainment America.

©2013 Digital Extremes Ltd. All rights reserved. Warframe and the Warframe logo are registered trademarks of Digital Extremes Ltd.

Owners of the PS4™ Pre-Order version are entitled to download the PS4™ game for free when it comes out on PS4™ together with the PS4™ pre-order DLC bonus."

Just checked their official forums and no reply yet to a topic asking the same thing.

Found this. Someone cut and pasted the description on the sony site before all the problems people are having with not being able to access it now. It shows remote play as one of the features on the list though.

"Warframe® PS4™
Digital Extremes
PSN Game|Released Nov 15, 2013|

Description
Ninjas Play Free. They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun – Masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

www.warframe.com

Video output in Full HD 1080p requires 1080p native display.

Additional hardware required for Remote Play.

Use of PSN and SEN account are subject to the Terms of Service and User Agreement and applicable privacy policy (see terms at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service & sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/privacy-policy).

1 player
Network Players 2-4
1 minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Remote Play
1080p HD Video Output
Online Play (Required)

Purchase or use of this item is subject to the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. This item has been sublicensed to you by Sony Computer Entertainment America.

©2013 Digital Extremes Ltd. All rights reserved. Warframe and the Warframe logo are registered trademarks of Digital Extremes Ltd.

Owners of the PS4™ Pre-Order version are entitled to download the PS4™ game for free when it comes out on PS4™ together with the PS4™ pre-order DLC bonus."

Awesome, thank you. Seems like a decent game to play on the Vita.

Einbroch

Banned
Just started playing this last night.

Get a friend. Stick together. Play some of the survival missions.

So much fun. We played from 8PM to 4AM last night. Every time a mod dropped we shouted "MOD" on Skype and booked it.

This game is amazing. So much fun. However, it is a little easy early on for the main missions.

augmental

Pro Tips : Nova and Rhino are OP.
Loki, Mag, Nyx, Nekros and Vauban are insane.
Avoid Trinity, Exaclibur and Volt.

Stick with your group. Don't be a douche. Help downed friends. Shoot at stuff. Have fun. Check the wiki for everything.

What do you mean Nova and Rhino are 'OP'? These are the best choices? Excuse my ignorance.

Top Bottom