• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

HOLY SHIT at that Launch Trailer! Can you do all those moves in the game, like the vertical wallrun and flip like Ninja Gaiden?

Everything you see is actuall animation as far as I know (except Rhino machine gun punch on the floor) but moves, skills and guns are all in.

They just announced Ember Prime today, it's too good not too post :

iXHPZpx.jpg

And Berzerker the new upcoming frame :

6cTG4pZ.png

Pop

Everything you see is actuall animation as far as I know (except Rhino machine gun punch on the floor) but moves, skills and guns are all in.

They just announced Ember Prime today, it's too good not too post :

iXHPZpx.jpg

And Berzerker the new upcoming frame :

6cTG4pZ.png

Those look really great.

Edit: That launch trailer, my god. Legit chills watching that. Rhino will be mine

CDV13

I am super excited to play this. Don't have a PC so this version is like a godsend. Gonna be grinding for days.

Edit: I don't understand why this game only has the little attention it does. I feel like it will be one of the most fun things to have available at launch and in the coming months.

What are these, new classes? Anyway im looking forward to this game and planing to drop some cash on it. Maybe 20 - 30 bucks what should i be buying?

Berzerker is a new class coming in update 11

Prime are Prime'd hardware (frame and weapons) of existing stuff. It's harder to get, usually better and shiny ! So we farm them.

Ember is the fire frame. She will be avaible as a prime (picture) in update 11 before the end of the year. Glaive is the three blade melee/throwing disc from their original game Dark Sector. Now in Prime ! With more golden blades ! Lastly, the gun, looks like Siracus, sadly one of the worst gun is the game but hey maybe the Prime will be better. Anyway, more content ! yay !

Those look really great.

Edit: That launch trailer, my god. Legit chills watching that. Rhino will be mine

Rhino is OP as in broken badass and fun. You Roar to buff all your party DPS by 50% (power, guns & melee) and then you Stomp the ground killing everyone in the room. If by some enemies are not lucky to die from the shockwave, they will be suspended mid air for you to finish them with a bullet in their head or three tons rotating space ninja style high kick oh and you also have Diamond Skin, basically a second shield that makes your invulnerable ahaha

What are these, new classes? Anyway im looking forward to this game and planing to drop some cash on it. Maybe 20 - 30 bucks what should i be buying?

Oh, just looking at this picture:
iXHPZpx.jpg

Ember Prime, Glaive (melee thing) Prime, and a pistol. Not exactly sure which, though.

Every now and then they put a superior version of things in the game, make it gold and shiny, and slap "Prime" on it :p

Oh, just looking at this picture:
iXHPZpx.jpg

Ember Prime, Glaive (melee thing) Prime, and a pistol. Not exactly sure which, though.

Every now and then they put a superior version of things in the game, make it gold and shiny, and slap "Prime" on it :p

I wish it was Bolto (and that we could have two and make Akbolto Prime) but it really looks like Sicarus

FuKuy

I am super excited to play this. Don't have a PC so this version is like a godsend. Gonna be grinding for days.

Edit: I don't understand why this game only has the little attention it does.

Maybe because there are gamers out there like you that prefer to spend 400$ on PS4 instead of a gamer PC, and therefore this game is still quite unknown for those people... although the game is on TOP20 of most played in STEAM since release.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's basically ME3 multiplayer on acid, with ninjas. I'm so fucking down for this.

Not to rain on your day or anything, but it's nothing like ME3 MP.

ME3 MP felt like a 4 man stand-off, that required constant communication and co-ordination.

Warframe requires almost 0 co-ordination, even at the "hardest" difficulty.

Difficulty is absolutley artifical, it's merely a gear check and HP bloat.
Gameplay consists of wave after wave of poor AI that need little more tactics than "run and gun" to deal with.
The game is literally just an endless gear treadmill.

The only real similaties are:

It's co-op.
It's sci-fi.
Gear progression is horribly RNG based.

At first, the game seems awesome, but soon you'll realise that all it consists of are repetitive missions that you grind over and over to level gear.

"End Game" is either endless defense (requires no tactics aside from: stand in defense bubble, spam powers and weapons), or endless survival in which you kill stronger and stronger enemies over and over.

To get new frames you need to ginrd bosses over and over and hope the parts drop. Sometimes they drop nothing, so there's not even a guarantee of a drop every time. Some players have reported grinding for weeks without getting all parts.

Mods are also tied to rng drops, and are required to boost yoru frame and customise it. I've played for 400 hours and have yet to find a single Tactical Pump mod (not game breaking, but it is a very basic mod and highlights the issue of RNG being tied to progression).

They often add events, and new content has brought new ways to acquire certain frames (ie: Nekros acquisiton is a big improvement), but it's still RNG based and it's still only a gear treadmill.

It's a shame, the foundation is very solid, but the devs don't seem interested in developing it further. Right now, all they do is release new gear to grind for and level, and new areas to grind through, there's been no enhancement to the core gameplay for a while, and now it's being offcially released for ps4 I doubt it will ever happen.

can i carry over my PC handle?

ive been sitting on the name Hayden-Tenno since day 1.... lol.

You can clone your account by logging in with your account details, so presumably. Unless there's been confirmation otherwise?

Looking forward to dedicating my gaming hours to the PS4 version.

I'm just going to leave my PSN id here: pock3tmonstr

Please add me if you'd be up for some co-op Warframe action. I'm running Mag at the moment. I put some time into the PC version, but held off when it was announced for PS4.

I like the art style but good god does the gameplay look janky.

It's free though, so obviously I'll try it out. Interested to see the reviews. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think I remember the PC version getting a mediocre response?

sophora

It's free though, so obviously I'll try it out. Interested to see the reviews. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think I remember the PC version getting a mediocre response?

PC version is pretty active still. It's grindy yeah but it's pretty impressive considering it's free-to-play. It's still in beta so there are bugs here and there, DE does well enough to keep adding content and there's talk of more events similar to what they had late October.

I'm now wondering if the particles have been toned down or even eliminated from the PS4 version. I was just watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-VXODm5_kY and it looks almost bland compared to the way it looks here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hpEE2J2KaM

Yeah, it does look like they dialed things back a lot with the particles, at least with that level.

The E3 footage looks insane. Can't wait to see if it holds up on release. After getting my system, swapping out the hard drive, downloading the game, etc.

Gaz_RB

It's not stunning or revolutionary, but it's really fun once in a while with friends.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Actually, the machine gun punch is an ingame animation As well.
I agree with the above, totally.

You gotta agree though that this game has some of the most intense firefights for a third person shooter with how many enemies can be present at a single time. Its pretty rare in games these days and why I really enjoy Warframe in general.

S1kkZ

No crazy particle effects? That amazing E3 vid had the dev guy saying it was PS4 footage :(

and it was, but it was from a version that was ported within 3 months. they probably cranked the effects up to eleven and had 30 ish frames per second. for the release they towned it down to get closer to 60, which is fine by me.

and it was, but it was from a version that was ported within 3 months. they probably cranked the effects up to eleven and had 30 ish frames per second. for the release they towned it down to get closer to 60, which is fine by me.
Awww, those particle effects were fucking amazing.

Dammit. Really didn't expect a downgrade from that footage.

Top Bottom