• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

MattyG

Banned
From their Patreon page:

i281P29P3oCvJ.png

$1 gets you the exclusive episode, but you need $5 to get the MP3 early and $10 for the video early.

Edit: Yeah I just double checked, both the Persona and Whitta podcasts are "next weeks episodes". The backers of $5/$10 just get them a bit early.
I am thinking that even though the episode is "live" right now that's only for the people who get it *early*. It might not be out for everyone else until Monday
Ahhhh okay, gotcha. I thought the early benefits only applied to the normal episodes, but that would make sense.

Edit: Cool cool. Can't wait to watch them, especially the Gary Whitta one. Thanks for the help!

Karu

Got to catch up with a buch of stuff. (Living in a dorm and sharing your internet connection with 170 people is killing me - Twitch ain't working with that) "The nasty one" & Once upon a Tim were really great. Especially the latter one was cool. Can't wait for the Scarpino-animated show. That has to happen at one point.

And the drunk stream. Oh. my. god.

Is it me or does colin sorta look like the cheese eating guy in goof troop ?

You should tweet that to Tim, since he is the big Disney fan of the group. Also, that particular movie was brought up in last week's GOG Show, since Rob Paulsen was in it (voiced PJ).

Looks like their contacts at Sony are still strong. I've always enjoyed their discussions about new games on Beyond more than the more structured "review" opinions, so I'm glad they'll be able to stay on top of embargoes and still get pre-release copies!

Looks like their contacts at Sony are still strong. I've always enjoyed their discussions about new games on Beyond more than the more structured "review" opinions, so I'm glad they'll be able to stay on top of embargoes and still get pre-release copies!

Yeah, they talked about this during Colin and Greg live. They announced that the review embargo lifts on Thursday, February 19th, 2015 at 8:01 A.M. Eastern Time/5:01 A.M. Pacific Time. They will be livestreaming it!

JJP12

I have zero interest in watching 50 shades of grey but that 31 minute video commentary was hilarious and surprisingly in-depth! Definitely recommend checking it out

I have zero interest in watching 50 shades of grey but that 31 minute video commentary was hilarious and surprisingly in-depth! Definitely recommend checking it out

The crazy thing is, apparently the book's origins was actually as Twilight fan-fiction, but things had to be changed to avoid any copyright infringement. I thought Twilight fans were mega-crazy already....

JJP12

The crazy thing is, apparently the book's origins was actually as Twilight fan-fiction, but things had to be changed to avoid any copyright infringement. I thought Twilight fans were mega-crazy already....

Wat. That's crazy, I had no idea. And I thought all this Twilight nonsense had finally gone away lol

sam777

My only gripe so far is that they are trying to become more of a presence in association with all three platforms but to me it still feels like it is centred a lot around PS/Nintendo. But obviously with Greg and Colin loving PlayStation and Tim with Nintendo that is understandable.

Anyway good show guys.

My only gripe so far is that they are trying to become more of a presence in association with all three platforms but to me it still feels like it is centred a lot around PS/Nintendo. But obviously with Greg and Colin loving PlayStation and Tim with Nintendo that is understandable.

Anyway good show guys.

To be fair, there's nothing really going on in Xbox Land in the past few weeks, and they've already done a Kinda Funny Reacts to Ori/State of Decay.

The bulk of the news-worthy stuff in recent weeks are multiplat, Nintendo or Sony. (coughPersona5cough)

hydruxo

Anyway good show guys.

Yeah I know what you mean but Colin & Greg always say that they're unapologic Playstation fans, so it makes sense that the majority of the news they go over is Sony stuff. Also helps that there's always new PS news about something, MS not so much.

HT UK

I've been listening to Episode 6 today, and does anyone else find Tim quite annoying? There was one point when I was listening where I almost just shut the show off.

I think it was just the way he was trying to defend the whole Nintendo copyright thing.

JJP12

Anyway good show guys.
Yeah any time they talk Microsoft stuff their interest in it seems forced. When they discuss Playstation/Nintendo their excitement seems authentic for the most part. They did however really enjoy their time with #IDARB. I think them not caring about Microsoft is only temporary and will change overtime. The more they play xb1, the more they will start to care about that system and look forward to more of the exclusives.

N° 2048

It's not them, it's Microsoft. IMO.

Microsoft just doesn't do what Nintendo and Sony do with their social media/Nintendo Directs, Playstation Experience, etc.

They are not as out there as Sony/Nintendo.

Balb

Microsoft just doesn't do what Nintendo and Sony do with their social media/Nintendo Directs, Playstation Experience, etc.

Yeah it's been pretty quiet on the Xbox front in general. I haven't used mine in a little while and I'm waiting for things to pick up again.

Yup. There was an episode of Colin and Greg Live last week where someone complained there was no MS discussion. They both responded by saying there was no news to discuss. Hence little or no MS discussion.

sam777

Yup. There was an episode of Colin and Greg Live last week where someone complained there was no MS discussion. They both responded by saying there was no news to discuss. Hence little or no MS discussion.

I am not talking about news stories per say but general excitement on their Gamescasts on YouTube. If you watch the video about potential GOTY for 2015 it's full of PS and Nintendo games.
And I am sure Quantum Break, Tomb Raider and Halo are games that could generate a decent discussion.

Like JJP said they don't speak of Xbox games with the same enthusiasm as they do with Playstation and Nintendo games.

N° 2048

I am not talking about news stories per say but general excitement on their Gamescasts on YouTube. If you watch the video about potential GOTY for 2015 it's full of PS and Nintendo games.
And I am sure Quantum Break, Tomb Raider and Halo are games that could generate a decent discussion.

Like JJP said they don't speak of Xbox games with the same enthusiasm as they do with Playstation and Nintendo games.

I'm sure with enough feedback they will but Microsoft also has to get some hype behind their games. Look how Sony sent two copies of The Order to KindaFunny.

I can understand it too, I just don't feel the excitement behind my XBox One at the moment. Maybe they could talk more about Games with Gold but even those are 'meh' compared to PS+

Quantum Break = we know everything the devs can tell us already. Waiting for E3.
Tomb Raider = Already had a discussion because of the 'exclusivity'. Waiting for E3.
Halo = Still partly broken (MP), patch coming in a few weeks, I'm sure they will talk about that.

Also, what EdReedFan20 said below.

Well, I guess right now I'd chalk that up to their (Colin and Greg's) lack of experience with Microsoft due to covering Sony all these years and Tim's (and Colin somewhat too I guess) fandom of Nintendo.

I agree, I do a podcast with some friends and while I have an XB1 and would like to talk about it there's simply no news to really speak of. We don't know enough about upcoming games to generate more than a few minutes of discussion.

I agree, I do a podcast with some friends and while I have an XB1 and would like to talk about it there's simply no news to really speak of. We don't know enough about upcoming games to generate more than a few minutes of discussion.

As for Colin and Greg Live, I bet when a new, major firmware update is released for XB1, they'll discuss it. They seem to release those relatively frequently. I really want Sony to at least HINT at what the next major FW update is and when it is coming.

mdubs

Banned
Here's what I need to know: Why hasn't Colin played the Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2? He says the Wii U has no games but never discusses these games which seem like the type of thing he would dig. It's just odd to me.

N° 2048

Here's what I need to know: Why hasn't Colin played the Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta 2? He says the Wii U has no games but never discusses these games which seem like the type of thing he would dig. It's just odd to me.

Man, I love Colin but his view on the Wii U is indeed odd. I really hope he plays these someday.

MattyG

Banned
Well the past Patreon exlcusive videos finally showed up for me. Yay! Looks like I just had to give it a day or two to kick in.

Choomp

Banned

Does he really have that belief? Ugh. My Wii U has kept me entertained with a helluva lot of great stuff, VC, eShop, bigger first party games, etc, I've spent a lot of time with it and had a lot of fun.

mdubs

Banned
Man, I love Colin but his view on the Wii U is indeed odd. I really hope he plays these someday.

I just don't understand at all because you would think we would dig character action and games with just plain awesome mechanics. It's just disappointing he hasn't given those more of a chance (or at least addressed why he hasn't) before dismissing the Wii U entirely. I mean the point stands about third party support but there are still great games on the Wii U.

Luke_Wal

Darn, I've been trying to work my way to full member from Junior explicitly to make this thread! I'm glad it exists though! Now we just need to get to the gif-making nonsense of the Giant Bomb thread.

ST2K

What makes you think he'd love them? I don't think I've heard him rave over the original Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising, God of War or other character action games. The only one I can think of is Castlevania, and that's more of his tie to the franchise than the genre, I suspect.

TaroYamada

I'm curious if the film honestly maintains you need to be in some way mentally off to be into BDSM as Scarpino indicates. It seems to me the film just says that is why this specific individual is into it and even Tim/Greg didn't seem fully on-board with that critique. I've not read the book, nor will I see the movie but Scarpino's critique made me wonder if that's what the story is actually depicting or if he's misinterpreted it.

Either way, enjoyed their review. I'll file it in my brain with other enjoyable things related to 50 shades of grey, which before only included Jon St. Jon reading excerpts in the voice of Duke Nukem.

mdubs

Banned
What makes you think he'd love them? I don't think I've heard him rave over the original Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising, God of War or other character action games. The only one I can think of is Castlevania, and that's more of his tie to the franchise than the genre, I suspect.

At least from my view he seems to be someone who puts an emphasis on good game mechanics and at least in my mind games such as Bayonetta harken back to the older generation of games which really put an emphasis on that in the absence of graphical power or explicit storytelling. But I could be completely wrong about that, especially since you're right about him not playing other character action games.

Call it a hunch I guess but I'd bet he'd enjoy it.

Well, for Colin, I think not owning a Wii U could be an issue for playing single player games like that. Not to mention the Wonderful 101 wasn't exactly released to critical acclaim. Bayonetta 2, sure, but I can't recall Colin ever expressing too much interest in those sorts of games. I say this as a guy who owns a Wii U (and a PS4), and haven't played either of those games, there's way too many games to play, you simply can't play everything.

MattyG

Banned
I'm curious if the film honestly maintains you need to be in some way mentally off to be into BDSM as Scarpino indicates. It seems to me the film just says that is why this specific individual is into it and even Tim/Greg didn't seem fully on-board with that critique. I've not read the book, nor will I see the movie but Scarpino's critique made me wonder if that's what the story is actually depicting or if he's misinterpreted it.

Either way, enjoyed their review. I'll file it in my brain with other enjoyable things related to 50 shades of grey, which before only included Jon St. Jon reading excerpts in the voice of Duke Nukem.
Gilbert Gottfried reading 50 Shades of Grey

"BUT, WHEN HE HITS MY CLITORIS..."

mdubs

Banned
Well, for Colin, I think not owning a Wii U could be an issue for playing single player games like that. Not to mention the Wonderful 101 wasn't exactly released to critical acclaim. Bayonetta 2, sure, but I can't recall Colin ever expressing too much interest in those sorts of games. I say this as a guy who owns a Wii U (and a PS4), and haven't played either of those games, there's way too many games to play, you simply can't play everything.

I suppose the point is that it's fine if he isn't playing the games but then he dismisses the Wii U as having no games. Seems unfair.

I love Colin by the way, he has well-thought out opinions, this is one of the few where I disagree with him.

Karu

I've been listening to Episode 6 today, and does anyone else find Tim quite annoying? There was one point when I was listening where I almost just shut the show off.

I think it was just the way he was trying to defend the whole Nintendo copyright thing.
A devil's advocate is golden to any discussion so I very much welcome such additude. Where hi sentiment came from is another matter, but in general I think he's doing more than fine and balances out Greg & Colin, which is a good thing. Especially Colin tends to voice his strong opinion in such a definitive matter, that that runs the risk of becoming tiresome on its own at some point.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Does anyone know of a way to have Colin and Greg live audio only ?

They only have the Twitch VOD at the moment.

Though if you're interested in having Twitch VOD work on your mobile for example, there is a work around, go to this website: http://www.twitchviews.co.uk/mobile/search.php?channel=kindafunnygames

Choose a VOD quality, then open with an app that allows network streaming. Says MX Player there, which allows you to listen in the background like an MP3 on your phone.

Top Bottom