• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Chrom

Games are extremely pervy, there's no denying that. I think the real secret shame though, is that they are solidly made - from presentation, down to the gameplay.

I think this is very true. Senran Kagura Burst is probably one of my favorite games in a long time because the gameplay is very fun and rewarding. I never would have imagined investing as much time into it as I have.

which game would be the best to start with? The 3ds game or the vita one?
If you have both systems, I'd recommend starting with Burst. The stories and character backgrounds in these games are actually engaging and that is the first chronologically. Timeline wise, they go: Burst, SK2, Shinovi Versus, Estival Versus.

Nobody answered me yet, did I get the Kanji right? :eek:
I'm not 100%, but I believe it goes 胸は命、尻は故郷
Tits are life, ass is hometown

pariah164

My mind was blown when I found out she wears jean shorts underneath her sweater.

She's the best.
She really is. I still roll with her civilian outfit in Shinovi Versus. So good. Hikage is just damn awesome.

Hikage-senran-kagura-6.jpg

Eolz

Someone should link Takaki, Marvelous Europe, XSeed, etc to the thread too. They might appreciate it.

Depends for what you're playing. Burst didn't age well in terms of gameplay, but it's still a great entry point.
If you'd prefer to skip it (understandable), read some backstory and play Versus.

Chrom

Oh wow... now I don't know how I should feel, the series creator might see my simple banners D: And I followed you Chrom! :p

Thank you for the follow!

That is pretty cool, now that you mention it... I'm sure Takaki will be enthused by this thread when he eventually sees it.

Wrong. Right, but wrong at the same time.

Where the hell are my fellow #TeamLife crew?

http://img-9gag-lol.9cache.com/photo/aDw19WK_460sa_v1.gif[/QUOTE]

Where is this from? o.o

[quote="Chrom, post: 152226083"]Thank you for the follow!

That is pretty cool, now that you mention it... I'm sure Takaki will be enthused by this thread when he eventually sees it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the same! :) And well I wonder what he will say and think and if he will notice the banners :o Now I really wonder if I got the kanji right...

This is what I'd call some forward progress!

Shame on those of you who choose one path or the other. You can have both and be prosperous too! The path of the true ninja allows this.

Tataki-sensei, continue to teach us the ways of both life & hometown because they work together to bring peace & harmony to our troubled world!

Always remember, "Power is both the sword & the shield."

Now, let's have some fun talking about our favorite ninja girls!

Chrom

Somehow I think this is whats going to happen to Last Round on Steam which is why theyre paranoid about it.

I don't remember if it's ever been asked before or not, but in the event that Marvelous Europe (or even Xseed) get to interview Takaki with fan questions again, I hope someone will ask him on his thoughts about Senran Kagura and the PC platform.

Sir TapTap

Surprised there's so much arguing, I'll just leave this image because it's amazing

If you care very, very deeply about story and don't care about gameplay or humor at all, start with Burst. Otherwise, Versus is so much better in every way it's not even funny (and has recaps to get you up to speed on the story anyway).

Versus is a side story, performs far better, has better controls, more focus on humor and backstory over "main story" (but it ends with some real story), more focus on "boss fights" (main character vs main character) than hordes of trash mobs. I platinumed Versus and I could only stand about 2 chapters of Burst.

I bought Versus and had no clue what the fuck I was doing or what was happening beyond screaming anime girls but ass is hometown all the way

flohen95

Which game in the series is this image from, Shinovi Versus or Bon Appétit? I've not played either, but I would assume this is the latter.

It's a character specific sidequest from Shinovi Versus, iirc. At least I'm pretty sure that I've seen it ingame, and I have yet to buy Bon Appétit.

I have SV and Bon Appetit and love them both. I'm hyped for EV on PS4 and the ways that Takaki-san will take advantage of the increased power.
Obligatory Hometown vote and Katsuragi, Hikage, and Ryona are my favourites.

Top Bottom