• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Hey guys I've returned to DC after a few years to realise I actually like it now, after playing (and being disappointed by) Forza Horizon 3.

I bought the game on my US account, and play on my AUS account. If I buy the Season pass (which is on sale), can I play the DLC on my Aus account? I've been stung before with SFV DLC which is why I ask. Or can I buy the DLC on my aus account?

Thanks

Welcome to the fold!
I have just tested the UK version of the game on my Hong Kong alt account and all the dlc works just fine on it. Just be sure to get the season pass/dlc from the same region as the main game.

TheBear

Welcome to the fold!
I have just tested the UK version of the game on my Hong Kong alt account and all the dlc works just fine on it. Just be sure to get the season pass/dlc from the same region as the main game.

Perfect, thanks for letting me know.

After playing again, I realise why I fell off the first time. I feel like the HyperCars are too fast and taily, and anything involving drifting just plain sucks. Everything else is awesome though, love the wringing the necks of the Supercars. Hoping the dlc addresses what I'm after.

Also, season pass doesn't include bikes correct? Is there anyway to try them without purchasing the whole dlc? Just want to see how they handle

Perfect, thanks for letting me know.

After playing again, I realise why I fell off the first time. I feel like the HyperCars are too fast and taily, and anything involving drifting just plain sucks. Everything else is awesome though, love the wringing the necks of the Supercars. Hoping the dlc addresses what I'm after.

Also, season pass doesn't include bikes correct? Is there anyway to try them without purchasing the whole dlc? Just want to see how they handle

Super and Hypercars were quite the learning experience for me, i would fly off the road at every bend. It got much better once i started using the full range off the throttle, instead of treating it like an on-off switch. XD

I think drifting is fine in its own mode, but i wouldn't recommend drifting in races, taking the corner properly is faster most of the time.

No, the season pass doesn't include DC Bikes and the last 2 car tour expansions. There are actually a couple of bikes that anyone can use, whether they have DC Bikes or not. he first one is a KTM bike, you unlock it by completing the KTM manufacturer accolade, so it can take a while to get it. It's also quite wild and therefore not the best sampler for how the superbikes handle. The other one is the Aprilia RSV4, which you can download from the store for free.

Make sure to check the PSN store for any free DC content, there have been a bunch of free cars outside the season pass.

H17T9Vh.gif

d4YZVDQ.gif

Jimrpg

Played a little bit last night. I finished the driveclub tour at launch but only recently bought the two DLC packs (Season pass and Bikes). Even though I got a lot on, I'll definitely make a little time for this, the game is still great. It's crazy to think the those two packs add 75% more content to the single player mode.

DD

Game is still graphically king when it comes to weather. I really hope the franchise will not just be left for dead though :(

I've been playing it again these days after getting the season pass, and one crazy thing I've noticed is how the shadows change when there's variation on the weather. The other day I was playing a seven lap race that started raining, then it got just cloudy, but then the sun came out for a minute, and it was amazing to see how the shadows of the trees changed from fuzzy when cloudy to defined under the sun, then back to fuzzy when the clouds blocked the sunlight again. The level of attention to details is insane.

Not as cool as the ones you and Sunhi are posting, but hey, I tried. :D
I just found out the gif creator on the PS4, so I'll be posting more in the future.

Oh wow, those are with the gif maker on PS4? Never knew they could produce such nice looking gifs! The way I'm doing it is way more involved; maybe I'll check out the PS4's tools

So I recently got this because it was $8 I think on PSN, haven't played a racer besides Mario Kart since... GT3? Lol. But I'm really digging it.

Question: I'm on PS4, is there an(y) active online community? I haven't broken into the multiplayer yet, wondering what to expect.

Edit: so I tried one race online, it was a team race, and one guy on the other team quit beforehand so it was as 2 v 1. So naturally I ran the guy into a wall so my teammate could comfortably win, and the guy quits! So I'm guessing that was bad etiquette.

Side note, even after the other guy left my teammate sucked ass, what's the skill level like online?

You see. It's confirmed. The Rimac is a piece of shit.

Nope it's an awesome piece of machinery

https://youtu.be/iRTa2wO_VYA

Ok ok it's a fucking barge!

So I recently got this because it was $8 I think on PSN, haven't played a racer besides Mario Kart since... GT3? Lol. But I'm really digging it.

Question: I'm on PS4, is there an(y) active online community? I haven't broken into the multiplayer yet, wondering what to expect.

Edit: so I tried one race online, it was a team race, and one guy on the other team quit beforehand so it was as 2 v 1. So naturally I ran the guy into a wall so my teammate could comfortably win, and the guy quits! So I'm guessing that was bad etiquette.

Side note, even after the other guy left my teammate sucked ass, what's the skill level like online?

Haha that's awful etiquette, treat it like a real race, pretty sure that F1 teams don't have 1 driver going for the championship and the other a destruction derby champ! Quality of drivers online is very good tbh, there are some great racers out there, try sticking to normal plain races though, those tend to have the better population.

derFeef

I bought this yesterday out of a whim. I only had time for a couple of races but I can see why so many love this - honestly I can feel some PGR DNA in there and that's exciting alone. Are there any real city tracks? That would be great. What should I get - just buy the Season Pass and be happy? I got the PS+ edition if that matters :)

How do Clubs work? Is there a GAF Club to join or do I just create one? Sorry for the dumb questions, I really had not enough time with the game yet :)

Jimrpg

I bought this yesterday out of a whim. I only had time for a couple of races but I can see why so many love this - honestly I can feel some PGR DNA in there and that's exciting alone. Are there any real city tracks? That would be great. What should I get - just buy the Season Pass and be happy? I got the PS+ edition if that matters :)

How do Clubs work? Is there a GAF Club to join or do I just create one? Sorry for the dumb questions, I really had not enough time with the game yet :)

I think they added some city tracks with DLC but I haven't tried them out yet.

You can definitely start by playing thru the Vanilla game first. The Season Pass just adds more events (like 50% more).

There are city tracks, but they're not of the sprawling urban metropolis type you would know from the PGR games, they're mostly set on city outskirts or in smaller towns. There is one unique city location (3 variations with reversed versions for each) for each of the 6 countries:

Canada - Port of Vancouver
Chile - Iquique
India - Ashii
Japan - Gujo
Norway - Bryggen
Scotland - Old Town

However, you won't encounter them in the regular and DLC tour events (with the exception for Old Town), because they were added after all the tours were released. As anyone here will tell you, the season pass is fantastic value and very much worth getting if you enjoy the base game. Do note that the season pass doesn't include the Bikes expansion and the last couple of DLC tours, since they were released long after the season pass concluded. Also, be sure to check the PSN store for free Driveclub content, over time they have released a few tours, around a dozen of cars and even a couple of bikes that are available to anyone, regardless of seaon pass. Some do have to be unlocked by playing the game though. I'll see if i can find a comprehensive list of free dlc later today.

Clubs are small and only support up to 6 members (presumably to facilitate club vs. club races on the game's 12 car grid), so there isn't one big GAF DC club, but many smaller ones. it's worth being a member of one though, because it will give you access to a couple of cool club exclusive cars.

Edit:

Check this post for a rundown on the available Driveclub DLC content.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Just want to make sure -

Can the Bikes standalone be played to completion without the base game of Drive Club? Thanks.

SliChillax

I'm enjoying this game so much. Is there a Neogaf club?
And what are all these other tours that say coming soon?
I keep reading about expired season pass, does that mean that some cars I cannot get?

They delivered everything they promissed with the season pass, and then they kept releasing more DLCs.

ah that's what I assumed, shame cause I almost bought a civic in real life so I'm real familiar with it lol

anyway bandipur with hypercars in the early morning is still one of the most graphically impressive things ever

i mean goddamn

Melchiah

anyway bandipur with hypercars in the early morning is still one of the most graphically impressive things ever

i mean goddamn

The India and Japan tracks in general are jaw-dropping when bathed in sunlight. It's such a thrilling experience to race their PTPs through with BAC Mono or Catherham SP/300.R.

The India and Japan tracks in general are jaw-dropping when bathed in sunlight. It's such a thrilling experience to race their PTPs through with BAC Mono or Catherham SP/300.R.

Yes, those two are still my favorite countries in the game, looks wise. I never understood the common narrative on GAF back then that India was the worst looking region. I think it might have had to do with the fact that one of the first (or the first?) looks you get at India in the campaign is the Tamil Nadu race track at noon. Race circuits in general are imo the blandest looking tracks and sunny lighting at noon is the least favorable in the game, but overall i think the Indian locations are among the most beautiful in the game.

Yes, those two are still my favorite countries in the game, looks wise. I never understood the common narrative on GAF back then that India was the worst looking region. I think it might have had to do with the fact that one of the first (or the first?) looks you get at India in the campaign is the Tamil Nadu race track at noon. Race circuits in general are imo the blandest looking tracks and sunny lighting at noon is the least favorable in the game, but overall i think the Indian locations are among the most beautiful locations in the game.
Yeah I think it was just the intro to India is really shitty, in the right conditions and on the right tracks it's beautiful.

Melchiah

Yes, those two are still my favorite countries in the game, looks wise. I never understood the common narrative on GAF back then that India was the worst looking region. I think it might have had to do with the fact that one of the first (or the first?) looks you get at India in the campaign is the Tamil Nadu race track at noon. Race circuits in general are imo the blandest looking tracks and sunny lighting at noon is the least favorable in the game, but overall i think the Indian locations are among the most beautiful in the game.

I also like their track designs more than the rest of the regions, Indian cuty tracks included. Canada is also great in that regard, and visually as well. My least favorite is probably Chile with its barren landscapes, and long straights in PTPs.

Personally, I never played the race tracks outside of the events, as I just found them boring.

I also like their track designs more than the rest of the regions, Indian cuty tracks included. Canada is also great in that regard, and visually as well. My least favorite is probably Chile with its barren landscapes, and long straights in PTPs.

Personally, I never played the race tracks outside of the events, as I just found them boring.

Agreed on all accounts. Not that there isn't beauty to Chile's landscapes, but i just prefer other environments to deserts.

DD

Kind of the same that happened with Dirt 4. The first race is set on a uninspiring track with a very strong lightning condition, at noon. Suddenly everyone seemed to start claiming that Dirt 4 looked worse that Dirt Rally, when in fact it is graphically more advanced, with new effects and such.

Despite having plenty of games to get through, I've fallen back down the Driveclub hole and restarted the game from scratch. Yet again I'm remembering why I love this game so much, just perfect for me in terms of handling and objectives in the game, plus the game still looks amazing graphically. Getting to the DLC's that start using weather still blows me away, especially on the Japan tracks which just look insanely beautiful.

Somehow I've also gotten better at the game. I managed to finish the main game just fine before but never really managed to truly finish the DLC's (as in, get all 45 starts for each). However this go round I've managed to clear at least half a dozen of the DLC's with all the starts, only missing a couple on the first DLC (though improving all the time on that one) and the Venom Hotlap 2 still remains beyond my skills (just as tough as I remember).

Makes me wonder what the team will work on next now they are with Codemasters, if its as good as this and Motorstorm I'm already sold.

Ainsz

Hey, so I've bought a new PS4 and I'm having trouble getting back in to the game from where I left off.

If I try to download my cloud save data, it tells me the game isn't installed and when I'm on the game, all the expansions are listed as coming soon. I can't download any of the add ons as they come up as unavailable.

I figured I couldn't download my save data as the bikes expansion wasn't installed but there's no way for me to download it. I've tried restoring licenses but no dice.

Any help?

farmerboy

Hey mate how you been?! Long time.
Is the new ps4 your primary? (I think that's what its called?). Also did you take the old ps4 off your account as being the primary?

Not sure if any of this would help, but its early Sunday morning and its the best I can come up with.

Haribokart

Banned
Hey, so I've bought a new PS4 and I'm having trouble getting back in to the game from where I left off.

If I try to download my cloud save data, it tells me the game isn't installed and when I'm on the game, all the expansions are listed as coming soon. I can't download any of the add ons as they come up as unavailable.

I figured I couldn't download my save data as the bikes expansion wasn't installed but there's no way for me to download it. I've tried restoring licenses but no dice.

Any help?
Think you're probably having the same issue I did here > https://youtu.be/HUBtHE8u_qc
Only way around it was to contact Sony support and they readied the full game to my download list

Ainsz

Cheers guys. Turns out the issue is with the region code. Amazon has sent me a copy that's region free but is from the Americas. So I can play the the game on my console but it's not compatible with the UK PS Store.

I didn't even bother to look at the case which has both English and Spanish/Portuguese text all over it. Or the fact that it is ESRB rated and not PEGI. Spent a good few hours on Google just to find that out.

Gonna send it back and pick up a good old PAL copy from one those shops you see around.

Despite having plenty of games to get through, I've fallen back down the Driveclub hole and restarted the game from scratch. Yet again I'm remembering why I love this game so much, just perfect for me in terms of handling and objectives in the game, plus the game still looks amazing graphically. Getting to the DLC's that start using weather still blows me away, especially on the Japan tracks which just look insanely beautiful.

Somehow I've also gotten better at the game. I managed to finish the main game just fine before but never really managed to truly finish the DLC's (as in, get all 45 starts for each). However this go round I've managed to clear at least half a dozen of the DLC's with all the starts, only missing a couple on the first DLC (though improving all the time on that one) and the Venom Hotlap 2 still remains beyond my skills (just as tough as I remember).

Makes me wonder what the team will work on next now they are with Codemasters, if its as good as this and Motorstorm I'm already sold.

As daft as it sounds I found the VH2 easier than the first, I think the additional time helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIwUzqFHGRE

I can't wait to see what the old Evo team are doing at Codemasters, I'm sure it's going to be great.

As daft as it sounds I found the VH2 easier than the first, I think the additional time helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIwUzqFHGRE

I can't wait to see what the old Evo team are doing at Codemasters, I'm sure it's going to be great.

Hopefully something will be announced at Paris Games Week at the end of the month! I do wonder what they'll come up with that doesn't compete directly with Codemasters other output,

NHale

I would be shocked if Evo isn't doing the new road racing IP for Codemasters that would replace GRID (that IP is probably dead).

Auctopus

The Venom Hot Lap, damn, that takes me back! hahaha

Yeah, hopefully whenever it gets shown, we get confirmation that it's the ex-Driveclub guys.

Hopefully something will be announced at Paris Games Week at the end of the month! I do wonder what they'll come up with that doesn't compete directly with Codemasters other output,

A road-racing game? CM are only doing Dirt and Micro Machines right now, yeah?

The Venom Hot Lap, damn, that takes me back! hahaha

Yeah, hopefully whenever it gets shown, we get confirmation that it's the ex-Driveclub guys.

A road-racing game? CM are only doing Dirt and Micro Machines right now, yeah?

Well they also have the F1 licence (2017 is pretty damn good too) but yeah there's not been a GRID game for longer than I thought so fingers crossed they're making DRIVECLUB 2 under a new name.... :)

I have the PS+ edition of Driveclub and would like to upgrade to the full game. Which upgrade/s should I buy during the current sale to get a complete game? (Bikes and cars with all challenges, tracks, vehicles, etc.)

Goldrusher

I have the PS+ edition of Driveclub and would like to upgrade to the full game. Which upgrade/s should I buy during the current sale to get a complete game? (Bikes and cars with all challenges, tracks, vehicles, etc.)
Start with the Season Pass, and Bikes.
Then buy everything that doesn't show as "free" on the Store. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

free anyway:

- Ignition
- Photo-Finish
- All Stars
- AMG
- EBR

included in the season pass:

- Redline
- Elements
- Apex
- Sakura
- Downforce
- Midnight
- Lamborghini
- Pacesetter
- Turbocharged
- Evolution
- Lamborghini Icons
- Torque
- RPM
- Velocity
- Horsepower
- Unite In Speed

additional paid expansions:

- Bikes
- Suzuki
- No Limits
- MV Agusta
- Finish Line

There's also Driveclub VR, which is a separate standalone game.

Top Bottom