• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Yeah, I got another Coulson cover 4 days after I started power-leveling him. So that's the right call.

And I finished top 50 in the Hearts of Darkness, so I'll get a Gamora. Yay!

zulux21

Yeah, I got another Coulson cover 4 days after I started power-leveling him. So that's the right call.

And I finished top 50 in the Hearts of Darkness, so I'll get a Gamora. Yay!

I didn't have a hope so I gave up and will just get her from progression.

she isn't bad but I don't see myself using her a ton.
like she has a solid stun, and I think she could play really well with miles (who has a different color stun and a way to generate blue)

beyond that though she will likely be added at the same time as grocket so I will likely get a cover or two for her then as well :p

zulux21

yPXg26K.png

it's live on steam.

rewards so far
5*500 iso
10hp
1 heroic token.

way more worth it than VIP lol. will likely just do the $2 a month thing to get them instead unless I am feeling generous at the time. though I will admit the legendary tokens are a bit tempting since I am actually starting to build a 4 star roster after 1230 days lol.

Spoit

I dunno if it's because they're champed really high or what, but these MK green TUs I got from that merc alliance are actually really good. like 15k damage for 12 AP, much better than the 7k for 9 from these peggy ones

zulux21

I dunno if it's because they're champed really high or what, but these MK green TUs I got from that merc alliance are actually really good. like 15k damage for 12 AP, much better than the 7k for 9 from these peggy ones

his green does nearly 13k damage at normal max level and 5 covers. it's rather deadly just hits a random target thus not amazing.

if they are 15k I imagine it's around level 325 or so?

Spoit

his green does nearly 13k damage at normal max level and 5 covers. it's rather deadly just hits a random target thus not amazing.

if they are 15k I imagine it's around level 325 or so?

15,842 @lvl 302.

Which is plenty for this current round of buffs, with kate and gwen topping out in the low 20ks

What's that, you say? A third Coulson cover pending my champing of him. Wowza, when it rains, it pours.

And Elektra and 3-star Rocket & Groot are great for that Patch PvP. So many strike tiles.

MiTYH

New iOS update is out, doesn't seem to be buggy. Yay!

And new Crash. Your Drax VS Thanos. Sadly my 1/1/1 doesn't stand much of a chance here

zulux21

New iOS update is out, doesn't seem to be buggy. Yay!

And new Crash. Your Drax VS Thanos. Sadly my 1/1/1 doesn't stand much of a chance here
I got through it on my first try with my 1/3/5 drax.

purple is obviously mostly useless here.
black is likely the most important power to have.
red does decent damage but not amazing.

the main reason black is important is because it stops what ever thanos throws at you since it destroys countdown timers of enemies.

Triz

When should I start leveling my 5* characters? I had Silver Surfer at one point at about 335 and it completely messed my scaling up so I sold him. Now Im sitting on 24 champed 4 star characters and think It might be time to level 5 stars?

What you say GAF?

Dalek

When should I start leveling my 5* characters? I had Silver Surfer at one point at about 335 and it completely messed my scaling up so I sold him. Now Im sitting on 24 champed 4 star characters and think It might be time to level 5 stars?

What you say GAF?

I was wondering this too actually because I'll be getting another OML cover in about a month or so in the daily logins-and at that point he'll only be missing one cover.

But I still have loads of 4 stars to level up.

Edit: 35 Championed 4 stars for me.

zulux21

What you say GAF?

unless you are a serious PVP player I would say never go crazy with them.

see where your average characters end up when boosted for PVE (champ 4 stars end up around 370 or so) and if you have enough you can level some 5* up to like 350.... but I would never max level a 5* as it would for sure lock out your 3 star roster even boosted, and likely lock out most of your 4* roster :/

the level jump between 4/5 is just to much to not kill off the previous stuff just like how you don't really use 2* once you are in 4* land.

Spoit

From what I heard, you shouldn't take them past the point where your 4*s would be at, boosted, until you have enough covers (read, champs on top tier characters) to do the transition fully and field a 5* team on the regular.

zulux21

hmmmmmmmmmm.

either I am having extreme luck today or shield intercept rewards have a secret cooldown timer.

so far I have gotten 4 intercepts for 4 nodes in DDQ.

with 5 hours between the first and second node, and about 30 minutes in between each other node lol.

Champed Coulson, and through a little daisy chain of events, wound up with my first bonus 5*. 3/2/1 OML now, though I feel like I should switch my bonus 5* to someone else post-OML nerf.

zulux21

Champed Coulson, and through a little daisy chain of events, wound up with my first bonus 5*. 3/2/1 OML now, though I feel like I should switch my bonus 5* to someone else post-OML nerf.

part of me wants to as well, but I still need a damn red cover for OML, and he is still useful in some cases.

might just switch it to hawkeye though as he seems like he can make some nice combos.

MiTYH

What team are people using for "Breaking in" stage of this Plan C event? Can't seem to get past it

EDIT: NVM got through it with Storm, Daredevil, and Magneto. Plus a 3k Dive bomb teamup

zulux21

What team are people using for "Breaking in" stage of this Plan C event? Can't seem to get past it

EDIT: NVM got through it with Storm, Daredevil, and Magneto. Plus a 3k Dive bomb teamup

same team I use with most nodes with a goon anymore.

Captain Marvel + Star Lord + IF

merely collect purple until star lord drops a cost reduction tile and then spam the crap out of IF's purple at cost 3.

placing usually 3-4 of carol's black from it, and if you have some yellow you can just start exploding them for massive damage.

and my carol is still only 4/3/4 so her black isn't even complete, nor is her yellow to boost the attack and strike tiles.

I will likely replace IF with medusa eventually for the HP gain though.

once I get my grocket up more though for non goon nodes I feel like grocket + iron man 40 + carol will be solid.
grocket will start off with strike tiles, iron man does his normal charge boosting 3 tiles 3 times over for 400 each due to carol, and then you can use rocket's blue to rapidly boost tiles.

bwa ha ha got it to go off

if her power works on bosses i think this will be a good team.
have two colors to stun with to get bonus tiles.
reduces the cost of mile's colors that will create web tiles that let you get more purple and blue.
and any tiles in the way you can get rid of with slide of hand.

zulux21

new changes to scaling

now based off shield level instead of roster on next event.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64934/scaling-tied-to-s-h-i-e-l-d-clearance-levels-5-25-17#latest

SCL Levels, Rank Requirements, and Enemy Level Minimum/Maximums:

SCL 1 (All Ranks) - Enemy Levels 4-30
SCL 2 (Ranks 7+) - Enemy Levels 15-55
SCL 3 (Ranks 10+) - Enemy Levels 35-84
SCL 4 (Ranks 15+) - Enemy Levels 60-140
SCL 5 (Ranks 20+) - Enemy Levels 100-180
SCL 6 (Ranks 27+) - Enemy Levels 110-230
SCL 7 (Ranks 32+) - Enemy Levels 140-260
SCL 8 (Ranks 47+) - Enemy Levels 200-400
Note: SCL 8 has had its rank requirement lowered for this event only

hmmm I really don't think the extra enemy levels are worth 3cp, 600 iso and a three star in 3/4 day events

or 2k iso, 60hp, 7cp, and 2 3 stars in 7 day events.

Spoit

Hmm.. I need to go do the clears to check, but I think that might actually be lower than what my scaling is at now anyway.

Wait, I think I'm reading that chart wrong. 250+25*4 != 400?

zulux21

Hmm.. I need to go do the clears to check, but I think that might actually be lower than what my scaling is at now anyway.

Wait, I think I'm reading that chart wrong. 250+25*4 != 400?

in general it's being assumed the chart is wrong and that the harder nodes will start at 300 and get to 400 by the 4th clear.

if you have a strong enough roster your scaling likely took you beyond 400 so this will be a good change.

that being said if you can deal with level 400 you might want to just drop down 1 rank to max out against 260 to have a completely trivial PVE for the rewards.

Spoit

Ok, so doing a quick playthrough of the 4* essential it went 165->201 (36 increase) ->244 (43) -> 288 (44) ->313 (25?). So yeah, the first 2 clears are easier, but after that it looks to be only marginally easier than the proposed SL8 levels. Though, nowhere near 400

This is definitely a good change in the long run, but it does expose the problem with SCL8 being the highest level right now. They have to cap it pretty high since the champed 5 star rosters are there, but you can be at the bottom of that level and only have a few champed 4 stars (or for where they placed it for this event, no champed 4 stars at all). Introducing SCL9 and minimizing the jump between 7 and 8 would fix a lot of the problems here.

zulux21

This is definitely a good change in the long run, but it does expose the problem with SCL8 being the highest level right now. They have to cap it pretty high since the champed 5 star rosters are there, but you can be at the bottom of that level and only have a few champed 4 stars (or for where they placed it for this event, no champed 4 stars at all). Introducing SCL9 and minimizing the jump between 7 and 8 would fix a lot of the problems here.

that is the current assumption that SCL9 might be coming soon as the jump is to crazy otherwise.

if you cap SCL8 around 325 or so and then 9 at 400 it makes a lot more sense, especially if you do something like make the extra 3* hero a 4* hero for SCL9 which would make it more worthwhile to grind for preogression.

that being said unless like the top 300 get a new character when it releases I can't see much reason why people wouldn't jump down to SCL7 to make it more trivial to grind for the points for the new character.

also
season changes
For the Reality Gem Season, the new Guardians of the Galaxy characters will be entering packs:

Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2)
The following characters will be leaving packs:

Black Widow (Grey Suit)
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Luke Cage (Power Man)

There will not be any character updates during the Reality Gem Versus Season.

I'd say gamora is on par with cage and grocket is way better than spiderwoman so I can't wait to unleash my hoard and not get any carol covers with my 10 pulls with her set as my bonus hero :p

that is the current assumption that SCL9 might be coming soon as the jump is to crazy otherwise.

if you cap SCL8 around 325 or so and then 9 at 400 it makes a lot more sense, especially if you do something like make the extra 3* hero a 4* hero for SCL9 which would make it more worthwhile to grind for preogression.

that being said unless like the top 300 get a new character when it releases I can't see much reason why people wouldn't jump down to SCL7 to make it more trivial to grind for the points for the new character.

Yeah, that's another change that needs to happen soon. At the very least SCL8 should be top 200 get one cover. Right now, the T50 reward in SCL7 is the T100 reward in SCL8, and the rewards for top 200 in SCL8 is pretty close to the rewards for top 100 in SCL7 (for DPvsMPQ, 7 gives 3K ISO, 100HP and 3 Elites, 8 gives 3K ISO, 50HP, 2 3* covers and an Elite). That should extend to new releases.

Coulson is all done, and from the legendary token earned from that promotion, I got my first 5-star Black Panther!

And one of my recent legendary tokens also got me a bonus 4-star Thor, who I had sitting at Lv 235. She's now at 250, and I'll have her done and champed by Monday (end of season bonuses are the best).

jurgen

I'm jealous of your Coulson.

4* Cage, Patch and Medusa work great for this PVE.

I swear by 4* Cage, Wasp, and 3* Strange.

Just get five yellow after the enemy fires a few powers and the other team defeats itself while you constantly heal.

Spoit

Bleh, Kate is too slow, and these fists take too many health packs. I don't think I can really do 900 this time, even though I really could use the MK cover.

Also, lol @ the top 5 for this (CL7!) bracket all being above 3k, with #1 being almost 4k

zulux21

Bleh, Kate is too slow, and these fists take too many health packs. I don't think I can really do 900 this time, even though I really could use the MK cover.

Also, lol @ the top 5 for this (CL7!) bracket all being above 3k, with #1 being almost 4k

just wait until the next PVE when the entire top 100 is full of 5* players in SCL7 :p

Spoit

I'm just skipping the pve. But yeah, even s7 is going to be untenable, when 5*s can rofl stomp it, through thanos and match damage alone

NineH

This 4* Gamora PvP is very frustrating. I would have liked to get the 900 point progression reward but I got as high as 840 then proceeded to get pummeled down to 660 points. Oh well, no more health packs and boosts so screw that. I guess boosted Cyclops and Star Lord are not good enough for this PvP.

I've actually got a decent amount of respect for Riri now after using her while boosted last week. She's not top 10 or anything close, but red hits hard, and blue and green both have situational uses. I'll say right now that she's the best character that's fully powered by an IM40 Recharge (and yes, I realize that isn't saying much).

Top Bottom