• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

Bombless

How come every time I run into Wo-class there's two of them and they just absolutely devastate my fleet?

I love Wo-class but I do NOT like fighting them.

That's what Fubuki said!

Next ep title:

"I'm not a hotel!"

That means Yamato will show up! Also possible Musashi will tag a long.

I had to google that reference up...but now I'm double hyyyyyyped!

Tenryuu and Tatsuta were mentioned but not shown :/

The moment I heard their names I knew they would't be shown.

Also the admiral has run out of repair juice...Poor dude must be extremely worn out having supply issues.

Chariot

edit:
Anime, episode 7.
Forgot that this is now in Gaming Community.

Wait, this was the Battle of the Coral Sea, right? That does mean Midway is next, right?

Also:
Is Shouhou sunk? It was mentioned that she was at least badly damaged, but nobody was sad about a loss, so I assume she made it out ok?

MSMrRound

Wait, this was the Battle of the Coral Sea, right? That does mean Midway is next, right?

Also:
Is Shouhou sunk? It was mentioned that she was at least badly damaged, but nobody was sad about a loss, so I assume she made it out ok?

[ep 7 spoilers] I presume that
She's already sunk. Historical records points to Battle of Coral Sea as where Shouhou got sunk and Shoukaku got damaged during battle.

Chariot

[ep 7 spoilers] I presume that
She's already sunk. Historical records points to Battle of Coral Sea as where Shouhou got sunk and Shoukaku got damaged during battle.
That's shy I am asking. The thing that bothered me was that nobody seemed to be sad that she was sunk, the ending was rather uplifting. But maybe we deal with this next episode.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So episode preview hinted that
Yamato will appear in the next episode, the Hotel Battleship Yamato!

Josephl64

That's shy I am asking. The thing that bothered me was that nobody seemed to be sad that she was sunk, the ending was rather uplifting. But maybe we deal with this next episode.

Well it's not like for those that don't play the game or know history that they should feel that sad for her. She wasn't really in the show at all so no deep connection could be made. Well in the game she's not that great either, and historically was lost pretty much instantly in the war so I could understand why not many feel that sad that she was sunk.

Can someone tell me what Yamato is? Is she stronger than everyone else?

Well she was certainly designed as one of the most powerful, but hardly did anything. She was also Japan's flagship during Midway with Yamamoto at the helm.

Hatsuharu Kai Ni get. 4 more ships left for Kai Ni "grind"... unless Z3 or Bismark magically exist in my fleet
B-L3bjXCcAAGUwH.png:small

Chariot

Well it's not like for those that don't play the game or know history that they should feel that sad for her. She wasn't really in the show at all so no deep connection could be made. Well in the game she's not that great either, and historically was lost pretty much instantly in the war so I could understand why not many feel that sad that she was sunk.
Sure, our protagonists and thus the watchers didn't have much to do with her, but a mention from HQ at the end of the episode that the battle was won, but not without losses. But then again, they didn't care that much about Kisaragi's death.

MSMrRound

B-M-4gOCAAAXRkD.jpg:large

Welp...and I thought I missed my first attempt at the lottery by 30 minutes due to visiting my relatives for Chinese New Year. Time to hit the Wiki to figure out what I should be doing.

MSMrRound

Just a question guys....I have been sorting my fleet for a while now...was just wondering...my fleet girls are still at 15/1x health-ish, while I'm starting to encounter enemies that are 30/40 hp+ which can pretty much wreck half of their HP in one hit. Got a long list of fodder girls waiting to fold towel bunnies in the bath..I mean...for the docks.How do I increase their HP etc?

Is there any tips on how should I go around bolstering my fleet?

Need to catch up on latest episode, probably will later today.

In-game though, yesterday saw me beat E-1 (finally!) and start E-2 and my first three drops were Akigumo, Akigumo and Shiratsuyu. Haha, I was shocked to get 2 in a row.

wrath of the error cats
Just a question guys....I have been sorting my fleet for a while now...was just wondering...my fleet girls are still at 15/1x health-ish, while I'm starting to encounter enemies that are 30/40 hp+ which can pretty much wreck half of their HP in one hit. Got a long list of fodder girls waiting to fold towel bunnies in the bath..I mean...for the docks.How do I increase their HP etc?

modernize, remodel, level, develop better equips
and most important, sacrifice something to RNG-sama

I've always been under the impression the only way to increase a ship's HP is by remodeling. You can increase their other stats like armor and firepower through Modernization and equips. Abyssal girls always seem to have more HP than your girls. Also depends on class. Heavy Cruisers have more HP than destroyers.

Ship firepower goes a long way of course. Its like sure that Wo-class has 60 HP and my heavy cruiser has 44 but my Heavy Cruiser just blasted her in the face for 45 damage twice.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
wrath of the error cats

modernize, remodel, level, develop better equips
and most important, sacrifice something to RNG-sama

Back when I used to play goddamn Id see Error-musume all the time. D:

---

dem feels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNYbOlMNkV0
*for those who want to know the lyrics + translated.

http://globemoon.net/waftf/dai/lyrics/yotaka-no-yume_trans.html

Also the most awesome fan created KanColle vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d1ZXgrWTM8

StayDead

Missed two days of the event to no pc but tommorow I make my triumphant return. Not all bad. Got to my dads and waiting for me was 5 Kancolle beauties in nendo form! Gonna get em out tomorrow too :>

Young family members visiting today. My 5 year old nephew points at this and says "Who's that?"

ibxHNzojSdnkay.JPG

Me: "It's a long name... that's Rensouhou-chan."

He proceeds to repeat it back to me - "Ren...so...hoooo... chan" - then runs off around the house singing it to himself... "Rensouhou-chan! Rensouhou-chan! Rensouhou-chan!"

Me:

dead2.gif

MSMrRound

Still stuck at 1-3. Curse those compasses.

Do I get luckier if I shout "BIG MONEY! BIG MONEY!" aka Wheel of Fortune just before I click the compass the spin it?

Heard I need ships that can hit harder...so I went to construct a Mogami class heavy cruiser. One light carrier should be on the way...any other ships that I should aim for to get me through the current map and upcoming battles?

Still stuck at 1-3. Curse those compasses.

Do I get luckier if I shout "BIG MONEY! BIG MONEY!" aka Wheel of Fortune just before I click the compass the spin it?

Heard I need ships that can hit harder...so I went to construct a Mogami class heavy cruiser. One light carrier should be on the way...any other ships that I should aim for to get me through the current map and upcoming battles?
Compass-chan sucks and I hate her.

To be honest I got through 1 1-3 with just destroyers and a light cruiser. Now 1-4? I had two destroyers, a light carrier, a light cruiser and two Heavy Cruisers.

These were all farmed though, I'm never lucky with ship construction.

Top Bottom