• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The latest in IGN troll fodder? or... "Wake up and smell the ashes."

Coolwhip

Banned
As someone that enjoyed HL1 and HL2 I don't get this madness surrounding a sequel. Some people are a little too enthusiastic. /hides

Why does Valve space out their "meet the" shorts so much?

Once this one is done, that's it. There won't be any more (apparently).

So I think they spaced the last two so far apart to stretch it out. Also Meet the Pyro is 100% guaranteed coming with a huge update, ans last year's Meet the Medic has a gigantic super update that made TF2 F2P and added a bajillion new things.

This has been an incredibly quiet year for TF2, and I'm curious to see how they've been spending the 5+ months since the last major update.

Wait...Valve still havent released all "Meet the..." videos? I remember watching them like 2-3 years ago before i stopped playing TF2...

Just one left, Pyro.
The big finale.

I know I'm going get killed for this, but I'm looking more forward to Meet the Pyro and the TF2 update that follows than HL3 :x

androvsky

So on a Monday morning, IGN tweets a videogame quote that refers to waking up, and the internet's all "oh shit half-life 3". If IGN Movies next Monday morning tweets "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" is everyone going to lose their shit over Apocalypse Now 2?

SparkTR

As someone that enjoyed HL1 and HL2 I don't get this madness surrounding a sequel. Some people are a little too enthusiastic. /hides

I think it's because each iteration marks some kind of 'semi-generational shift' of sorts. It's not just a new HL game (which will be amazing in itself), it's the engine, it's the community, it's the mods, the creativity that vomits from what Valve provided us with. Half-Life helped breed stuff like Natural Selection, Counter Strike, Dear Esther, Zombie Panic and Garry's Mod amongst so many others, and every time I play those games I can taste the sweetness of Half-Life within them.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Look, can we get real here for a second: who actually, seriously, like, deep-down-in-their-heart-of-hearts believed this was an announcement for Half-Life Episode 3?

Because I'm pretty only one or two hands just went up and those people are crazy enough to have put their hands up over something they read on the internet - without even being asked to do so.

So on a Monday morning, IGN tweets a videogame quote that refers to waking up, and the internet's all "oh shit half-life 3". If IGN Movies next Monday morning tweets "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" is everyone going to lose their shit over Apocalypse Now 2?

Apocalypse Now 2 hasn't been in production for the last 5 years.

It's the same thing I thought the first time I saw the tweet. Just a (well known) quote, that (probably) won't mean anything, let alone something new, which may be Half-Life related.

What sort of update follows Meet the Pyro, do we know?

The recent Meet the Videos (Medic, Spy, Sniper) were all followed with large content updates that added lots of stuff.

Last year's, Meet the Medic, turned TF2 Free to Play, and added 2+ new weapons for 8/9 classes in the game (which was the most weapons ever added in any update, has not been beaten yet).
This year fans are expecting a similar, if not larger, update than the Meet the Medic update.

Tambini

The recent Meet the Videos (Medic, Spy, Sniper) were all followed with large content updates that added lots of stuff.

Last year's, Meet the Medic, turned TF2 Free to Play, and added 2+ new weapons for 8/9 classes in the game (which was the most weapons ever added in any update, has not been beaten yet).
This year fans are expecting a similar, if not larger, update than the Meet the Medic update.

Awesome, thanks.

Balehead

IGN should have began milking this HL3 thing for clicks way earlier, years of tweets with pictures of crowbars and quotes from HL universe wasted.

"Gee, man, we here at IGN are excited for this years E3."

pakkit

Banned
LETS BAN A MAJOR VIDEOGAME NEWS OUTLET BECAUSE SOME INTERN USED TWITTER TO REFERENCE ONE OF OUR FAVORITE GAMES

edit: oh shit i'm between the batman and the joker

Rapstah

IGN should have began milking this HL3 thing for clicks way earlier, years of tweets with pictures of crowbars and quotes from HL universe wasted.

"Gee, man, we here at IGN are excited for this years E3."

"We can't say this is true, but we would really want Valve to exclusively show us HL3 in private this E3, know what we're saying? #chobotinhl3"

IGN to me will always be

"FACTOR 5 KID ICARUS AT E3, TRUST ME, AHM CASSHAAMINAAAA"

633691646858922487.jpg

Rapstah

Keep in mind that a volunteer Steam forum moderator would have no idea about what Valve was actually doing internally. IGN is probably still on drugs though.

massoluk

Banned
Yeah sure let's ban a video game website for posting a quote from a video game because crazy people read too much into it.

It seems like GAF hates just about every gaming websites out there.

Gamespot, IGN, Gamespy, Kotaku, Gamefaq, that banned site, that banned site, that banned site.

Top Bottom