• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unlimited Coming to PC

Linkhero1

According to PR

BURBANK, Calif. – June 5, 2012 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces Scribblenauts Unlimited, a new game expanding upon the best-selling, award-winning video game franchise that challenged players to imagine anything and bring it to life in the game. Created and developed by 5TH Cell, the game will include all-new features, more exploration and a completely original gaming experience for the Wii U™ system, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system and PC this holiday season. Scribblenauts Unlimited features a huge side-scrolling open world with new, high-definition hand-drawn scenery and objects where players can help the game’s hero, Maxwell, solve robust puzzles and challenges by summoning any object they can imagine. And for the first time, players learn the backstory of Maxwell’s parents, his twin sister Lily, and how he acquired his magical notepad.

“Bringing Scribblenauts Unlimited to new consoles lets players become Maxwell and experience the game play in entirely different, inventive ways,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “On Wii U, for example, the game is further enhanced by the touch screen on the new controller giving players an innovative way to interact with the action and a simple way to type in the word of his or her desire.”

“With new gameplay modes and features, Scribblenauts Unlimited sets no limits on how players can use their imagination,” said Jeremiah Slaczka, C.E.O. and Creative Director of 5TH Cell. “The game breaks the franchise’s previously set boundaries and allows for unlimited creativity.” Both Wii U and PC versions include a new “Object Editor” that elevates the game’s creativity by giving players the same tools as the developer to make, name, and then share their creations online. Players can create their own objects from scratch or customize any object in-game by setting properties for how it behaves, and can change its appearance by resizing, disassembling and altering its texture and color. The user-generated objects then seamlessly propagate into other players’ world on the fly. Previously summoned objects and players’ own creations can be stored in Maxwell’s “magic backpack” for easy access and future use.

Scribblenauts Unlimited can also be cooperatively played together with friends and family in local multiplayer on Wii U.

Follow Scribblenauts at:
http://www.facebook.com/ScribblenautsVideoGame
http://twitter.com/ScribbleMaxwell

Good news, but since it's Warner Bros. I wonder if it'll be GFWL. They didn't put it in Bastion, thankfully, but it was included with the last Batman game.

Nert

My knee-jerk reaction to this year's E3, including almost nothing being announced for Vita and the bland Wii U showing, is to just go all in on PC gaming for a while. News like this just pushes me further down that road, as the PC version of this game will surely be the best (hooray for being able to just type instead of fiddling with a stylus).

Suairyu

Banned
All we need is confirmation that LEGO City is coming to PC (and I bet it will) and thus nothing of worth for Wii-U was announced today.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Yeah... definitely buying this one. One of the things that made me most want to get a DS. Nothing actually convinced me, so this makes me happy.

HoosTrax

So, not knowing anything about this game, I had to Wikipedia it, and what do I find? None other than our Blizzard as the mascot apparently.

Scribblenauts_post217.png

What's the backstory here?

So, not knowing anything about this game, I had to Wikipedia it, and what do I find? None other than our Blizzard as the mascot apparently.

Scribblenauts_post217.png

What's the backstory here?

The artist for the game was making avatars for a lot of people around when the first game came out on DS. Pretty sure Blizzard is just using the character as his avatar.

Or maybe it was a template released to make your own avatar. I don't remember.

One of the artist from the game made that ilustration based on an experience that a gaffer had on the game

But is the dinosaur an original character created by 5th Cell or did Blizzard contribute in some way? I think that's what Hoos is asking.

Forkball

Ah I see lol...

(Can you actually do all that in the game? Or was that description the result of Feep wandering around the E3 floor under the influence of meth?)

Yes you can. The game has a lot of flexibility. The first title is a very solid game, but there was a huge backlash here after was released due to a terrible camera and broken puzzle solutions. The second game seemed to be a major improvement, but didn't get a whole lot of love on GAF.

Esiquio

Yes you can. The game has a lot of flexibility. The first title is a very solid game, but there was a huge backlash here after was released due to a terrible camera and broken puzzle solutions. The second game seemed to be a major improvement, but didn't get a whole lot of love on GAF.

We need a Feep post on Scribblenauts immediately. Someone on the show floor confirm Post 217 and NeoGAF are in the game, please!

Sciz

I've been hoping for this ever since the original was announced. Glad to see someone in charge finally agreed.

Blizzard

Banned
Ahem.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jackson listened to me! Okay well probably not, but I'm really happy about this news. If it is on Steam I will be extra happy. :D

Top Bottom