• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018 [Up: April 2018 at the earliest]

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

To my knowledge, this has happened with the past few Rockstar games that have been given a 'fall' release on announcement. I'm gonna go with April 10th or May 15th.

Stiler

Sigh, I was REALLY hoping R* had their shit together and was going to pull a Bethesda and actually announce the game when it was WELL into development and would hit the release date this year.

Guess I shoulda expected this given their track record.

Lime

Looks like they need the Benz?!?

Seriously though I hope all the workers there at rockstar are doing good and. It being overworked

Contender for GOTY will be either Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Horizon, and Persona 5 now with Red Dead 2 out of the way.

We all know its gonna be Mario lol.

Guardians

Banned
Ok :) Take your time and make a game that you can be proud of, it's better than releasing a broken game like most of the companies today ;)

mcfrank

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60210/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Is-Now-Coming-Spring-2018

Red Dead Redemption 2 is now set to launch Spring 2018 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This outlaw epic set across the vast and unforgiving American heartland will be the first Rockstar game created from the ground up for the latest generation of console hardware, and some extra time is necessary to ensure that we can deliver the best experience possible for our fans.

We are very sorry for any disappointment this delay causes, but we are firm believers in delivering a game only when it is ready. We are really excited to bring you more details about the game this summer. In the meantime, please enjoy this selection of new screenshots from the world of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Ray Down

Banned
And September games breathe a sigh of relief.

Honestly its good if its delayed give it that polish, when did the first RD launch?

Fou-Lu

Brandon Jones just mentioned this in Bloodworth's Earthbound Beginnings stream and said that his contact at Rockstar texted him to tell him it was delayed. He is releaved his slip up of a release date didn't end up being true.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Guess that's not too surprising.

HeatBoost

Predictable, but disappointing

Quit announcing release dates if you're not sure, Rockstar, you're one of the few studios whose dick is big enough to manage that

a DELAYED GAAAAAMMME...

giphy.gif

...is eventually good!!!

Literally THOU. SANDS. of great games to play before then, my fellow video game players!
My wallet has, through sheer force of will and emotion, become sentient and it now opens and closes on its own when laid on a flat surface, as if it were prostrating itself before you, bowing before you with gratitude, Rockstar, Houser Bros. and the spirit of DA BENZ.
WE ALL should be happy for this glorious DELAY, graciously bestowed upon us!
2017 had TOO MANY games that were good and who needs a new Red Dead when you have so MANY good-ASS games?!!?
My backlog thanks yoooou, Rockstarzzz, Los Housers-sempais, and the spirit of DA BENZ-sempai-desu ne~~~~~ ... !
Also gives me time to beat previous Red Dead games that I have played, buuuuuuuttt as it is so ~great~, my desire for RDR2 can be satiated by replaying it!!!!! ^3^

RmEr4qz.gif

A bad game is bad forever.
kJGWF1e.png

Top Bottom