• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom for Wii U (Big Red Button, CryEngine 3) & 3DS (Sanzaru), new subseries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Sonic fan, not since Genesis, anyway. I can't see any difference in his character model, would need a side-by-side. Knuckles got blown up like a balloon, but Sonic looks exactly the same to me as he has for 15 years. Awful, but the same awful.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get how it happened, but SEGA managed to fuck up Sonic even more than they already have.

Alienous

I'm not a Sonic fan, not since Genesis, anyway. I can't see any difference in his character model, would need a side-by-side. Knuckles got blown up like a balloon, but Sonic looks exactly the same to me as he has for 15 years. Awful, but the same awful.

All that childhood royalties cocaine has fucked up his nose.

andymcc

Banned
this falls in line with the skylanders-esque game predictions, right?

NFC Sonic toys. Can't wait for Third-Trimester Tails or Knuckles Soiled Diapers figures that I can also use in game!!

JMTHEFOX

Holy shit, that trailer was suprisingly good. The models remind me a lot of Sonic Riders Zero Gravity due to the mouth placement, and the gameplay is like LEGO and Sonic Heroes on roids.

DAT MOTION BLUR THO

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The game doesn't look as bad as I feared. Adventurish, co-op, and (even if it's difficult to see) good graphics on Wii U.

But the characters...oh God, I thought Sonic was fine, but the legs. Oh my God, the legs. Knuckles is even more strange. Didn't see enough of Amy. Tails seems to be the least offensive. For now.

Tuck

Because making short 4 hour games with good level design don't pay off.

I thought Generations style of mixing up the levels/giving challenge levels was smart. Or they could step down the graphics/go with a simpler art style and make more levels. I don't know.

While the sight of Sonic squatting is terrifying, I don't understand why people say the gameplay looked bad? The gameplay looked pretty fun (although that doesn't mean much, it all comes down to how it controls). Loved the colors and the environment.

Besides the horrible song choice and sonic's legs, I enjoyed the trailer's first look.

Because there are a few things to be gleamed from the trailer, and they are all elements that the sonic series has stumbled with in the past.

Large open areas? Sonic is a momentum based character. He requires linearity.

Multiple characters? Less design focus on making a platformer that succeeds greatly at one thing, instead compromising to do multiple gameplay styles steeped in mediocrity.

Ouroboros

images

Never forget...

God, these new designs are pathetic.

Veldin

I'm going to go ahead and say that Tails and Amy are an improvement both in concept art and the trailer.

Sonic and Knuckles are what the fuck

Takao

Banned
Seeing how All Stars Racing Transformed sold better on Wii U than on PS3 and 360 (from what was mentioned months ago) and Racing Transformed was a Wii U launch title, it wouldn't surprise me if the Wii U version still outsells the others...again. Who knows.

Wouldn't a better measure be Sonic: Lost World and Olympics 2K14, which seem to have bombed?

Zomba13

Welp. Goodbye Sonic. I'm getting off the Sonic cycle train. Lost worlds was kinda bad but I was willing to see what was next, hoping for something like Generations.

Sonic and Clank
Ratchet and Sonic
Sonic and the Secret Bass

Zalman

I was starting to respect Sega again after great games like Colors, Generations and Racing, but it seems like they're back to square one...

TrueBlue

Okay. Alright.

The new designs haven't translated brilliantly from what the trailer shows, hopefully they can fix that during development.

I like all the new locales you see, nice bit of variety.

Four playable characters is nice, and they can all run fast. Good, having their abilities to support the speedy side rather than detract from it is the key here.

Former Naughty Dog developers are nice. Hopefully they weren't the worst of a very good bunch,

Cautiously optimistic. Very cautiously optimistic.

wrowa

I don't have a clue who Big Red Button is, but I thought the trailer looked surprisingly cool. Seems they are trying to go the Adventure route once again... Depending on the quality of the studio, they might actually do a better job than Sonic Team. Or not. Who knows, really.

But then again, I'm the only person on this Earth who enjoyed Sonic Heroes back in the day.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does anyone think they'll ever go back to calling Dr. Robotnik by his real name? I miss it.

EhoaVash

sonic looks cool running on water ..you know what ..this could be the reverse of the sonic cycle

think, sonic lost world first shows up, everyone says this is sonic's moment to return to glory, people kept saying the game looks a lot better than the new mario ..it comes out and gets shitty review

so this game shows up ..and everyone is shitting on it lol ..imagine if the game turns out to be good heh

REverse sonic cycle ..#Believe

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I wouldn't be surprised if Sega introduced the Skylanders model with this game as it seems to borrow certain aspects of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom