• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the Sony developers up to

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Pachimari

Guys, were you up for helping me with a list of all developers and what their current projects in development are? I have the go-ahead for a thread so just PM me. Thanks. :)

KAL2006

Banned
If I had to guess, this is what we might see on E3

- Ready at Dawn, new action game for PS4
- Santa Monica, new action game for PS4
- Team ICO, Last Guardian rerevealed for PS4
- Zindagi, new Move game for PS4
- Novarama, new inVizimals Vita
- Bend, new Uncharted for Vita

I expect Naughty Dog, Polyphony, Media Molecule, Gurilla Games Team 2, Quantic Dreams Team 2 will not be ready to show their PS4 games or will save announcements. Also Team Siren won't be ready to show off Gravity Rush 2 (likely saved for TGS).

Dusky

If I had to guess, this is what we might see on E3

- Ready at Dawn, new action game for PS4
- Santa Monica, new action game for PS4
- Team ICO, Last Guardian rerevealed for PS4
- Novarama, new Move game for PS4
- Bend, new Uncharted for Vita

I expect Naughty Dog, Polyphony, Media Molecule, Gurilla Games Team 2, Quantic Dreams Team 2 will not be ready to show their PS4 games or will save announcements. Also Team Siren won't be ready to show off Gravity Rush 2 (likely saved for TGS).

When did this happen?

electro

Banned
Sorcery developer The Workshop is also developing a PS4 title - the official website for the studio has a little statement that reads:

''We're proud to announce that The Workshop is developing for PS4. And we're hiring! Come be a part of the Next Generation.''

Mario007

Sorcery developer The Workshop is also developing a PS4 title - the official website for the studio has a little statement that reads:

''We're proud to announce that The Workshop is developing for PS4. And we're hiring! Come be a part of the Next Generation.''
Nice, maybe some 'hardcore' move game for the PS4. I think their Move tech was meant to be absolutely amazing, they just kinda botched the level design.

sounds like a waste of money, Sorcery was pretty bad wasn't it?

electro

Banned
SuperMassive Games are developing Until Dawn for PS3 - they are also supposedly working on an unannounced AAA PS4 title according to the Linkedin profile of level designer Sunny Mody:

''I am currently at Supermassive Games working on an unannounced ‘AAA’ game for a next generation Sony console,'' reads his linkedin profile.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm hoping Media Molecule's game is Move optional...

Perhaps the Move will be optional for level creation. Making 3D models shown from the tech demo. And the game itself will be a traditional game. This is of course if Media Molecule continue play, create and share. I'd like a full 3D LittleBigPlanet where people can create levels similar to 3D Mario games.

KAL2006

Banned
Out of all the developers to announce new games I expect Ready at Dawn, Santa Monica and Zindagi to announce new games at E3. And a re announcement of Last Guardian for PS4 from Team ICO.

Dusky

Out of all the developers to announce new games I expect Ready at Dawn, Santa Monica and Zindagi to announce new games at E3. And a re announcement of Last Guardian for PS4 from Team ICO.

Seems about right, although I think TLG will be re-announced at TGS rather than E3.

RaD are probably collaborating with SSM for their new IP.

I also expect to see a few announcements from Studio London but revealing them at Gamescom is likelier.

I'm hoping Media Molecule's game is Move optional...

It will be. Think about how the Move was used in LBP2. I never got the feeling that Media Molecule's next game is going to be Move only.

This seems very likely. Santa Monica will almost assuredly show a new game. I don't expect Naughty Dog or Polyphony announcements until much later.

LuuKyK

I hope all this happens honestly. Maybe we will finally have TLG and Versus on the same E3, maybe in one conference even. Oh my, wouldnt be able to hold all the feels.

I have very high hopes for Ready at Dawns new IP.

I hope all this happens honestly. Maybe we will finally have TLG and Versus on the same E3, maybe in one conference even. Oh my, wouldnt be able to hold all the feels.

yesitis2.gif

Afrikan

how about SOE (at least the PlanetSide devs) release a PS4 & PC version of.....

M.A.G. 2! yeah bitches I said it.. MAG f'n 2!

with key members of the first game, helping over seeing it. eh? eh?

Dusky

how about SOE (at least the PlanetSide devs) release a PS4 & PC version of.....

M.A.G. 2! yeah bitches I said it.. MAG f'n 2!

with key members of the first game, helping over seeing it. eh? eh?

No thanks, let SOE focus on porting PS2 and finishing EverQuest Next.

Speaking of EverQuest I wonder whether they'll make a PS4 port. Not sure if that's a good thing though.

Globox_82

Banned
Seems about right, although I think TLG will be re-announced at TGS rather than E3.

RaD are probably collaborating with SSM for their new IP.

I also expect to see a few announcements from Studio London but revealing them at Gamescom is likelier.

it would be a bit odd if both SSM and Rad show their new IPs. RAD will need help from SSM, since they are only 75 people. I just don't think they can make a big AAA new IP on their own atm. But they are really talented. Loved GOW games they made. Sadly never played Daxter. I would if it was released on PSN for PS3

Globox_82

Banned
Perhaps the RaD game is a PSN game. Or they are getting help from another internal Sony developer.

no they said it's AAA new IP and they use Uncharted 2 as a guide as to what they want to achive....whatever that means. they left PSP and Vita behind because they wanted to make a console game, so I doubt it's PSN.

I hope Sony Bend is working on Syphon Filter 4 or a Reboot/Re-imagining of Syphon Filter, I miss that franshice, it was pretty good back in the day on PSone.

Also someone better be making Heavenly Swords 2 -Sony Santa Monica-, God of War 4 shouldn't be a launch title if you ask me.

Also I would like to see a new Resistance or something, not sure who would handle it though.

Top Bottom