• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

DJtOzgwWsAAwTwt.jpg

MMD_427627_gif_los_colchoneros_tras_el_fichaje_de_torres.gif

Beefy

Was he hanging out with Adam Johnson?

Good grief.

I wonder if his team selection was down to who complied or not. What a creepy little cunt.

I bet all those players who ran to celebrate with him the other night feel like idiots now.

Creepy little rat

Gareth Southgate: Mark Sampson 'an excellent character'

From a few weeks ago. After the bullying accussations. Fuck you Gareth.

So no illegal shit. But a dude willing to fuck people he manages.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Dani Alves has responded to Forlan." The last PSG free kick was scored by me. So shut the f*ck up and stop using my name for controversy. "

ckbBofO.gif

Dani Alves has responded to Forlan." The last PSG free kick was scored by me. So shut the f*ck up and stop using my name for controversy. "

ckbBofO.gif

Forlan emasculated the dude. Nothing that little troll says after matters.

Did Costa play in CL with Chelsea this year? Him joining Atletico is gonna make them dangerous af this year.

DBT85

Facebook and Amazon to "enter the mix" for the next Premier League TV rights?

It's being predicted: https://t.co/No0IGKUKRq

RIP Sky

As I've said before and as someone working in the industry, few are expecting it to happen for the UK market at least. 10.5mi ish a game right now and if they came in they'd be pushing the prices further toward 15m a game. Now, what Amazon and Facebook may very well do is get rights to show in other countries as that would be significantly cheaper.

As I've said before and as someone working in the industry, few are expecting it to happen for the UK market at least. 10.5mi ish a game right now and if they came in they'd be pushing the prices further toward 15m a game. Now, what Amazon and Facebook may very well do is get rights to show in other countries as that would be significantly cheaper.

Jesus that's how much Sky and BT pay for a single game? How much must they be raking in?

Disgusting.

DBT85

Jesus that's how much Sky and BT pay for a single game? How much must they be raking in?

Disgusting.
It is indeed.

The prices have spiralled since BT came in as before them nobody could really compete with sky. Skys issue is that without the PL viewership will plummet. They need it. BT by contrast are using it to sell Internet subs.
I really want Netflix or Amazon to get PL rights in the UK more than anything. Sky and BT can do one. Facebook can also fuck off.
What do you think they will do to their subs if they get the rights at those prices? Keep Netflix sub £10 a month? It'll be separate addons.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah both Amazon and Netflix will just hike up their prices. We, the consumers, wouldn't save anything.

Just get on an illegal stream plan ;)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
IWhat do you think they will do to their subs if they get the rights at those prices? Keep Netflix sub £10 a month? It'll be separate addons.

I pay currently 10 euro per month for DAZN.com and I get PL, La Liga, Ligue 1 and serie A. So it's obviously possible somehow.

DBT85

I pay currently 10 euro per month for DAZN.com and I get PL, La Liga, Ligue 1 and serie A. So it's obviously possible somehow.
Never heard if it so can't comment. What country is it in?

You can get a pl thing in nz for cheap. Demand is low so the price has to be also. If Amazon or FB for pl rights for the UK, demand would be huge and so they'd charge accordingly. They'd have to anyway because of the cost to get the games.

Rights for other countries are a pittance by comparison.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Never heard if it so can't comment. What country is it in?

You can get a pl thing in nz for cheap. Demand is low so the price has to be also. If Amazon or FB for pl rights for the UK, demand would be huge and so they'd charge accordingly. They'd have to anyway because of the cost to get the games.

Rights for other countries are a pittance by comparison.

I'm in Austria, but DAZN is available also in Germany, Switzerland and Canada. I think also Japan.

Zasa

If he's fit, wouldn't be surprised to see him already having a bigger impact than Gameiro/Vietto right off the bat. Knows the system perfectly, & already played with most of the players in the team.

Can't wait to see him again in Spain & see how the Griezmann partnership flourishes in time.

If he's fit, wouldn't be surprised to see him already having a bigger impact than Gameiro/Vietto right off the bat. Knows the system perfectly, & already played with most of the players in the team.

Can't wait to see him again in Spain & see how the Griezmann partnership flourishes in time.

Yeah, i'm so happy. Love this player, he is the PERFECT striker for our team.

Nigel Pearson has just been appointed head coach of OH Leuven, a football team sponsored by King Power playing in the Belgian second division.

lol

Jarnet87

First United game on NBC Sports Gold. Fucking NBC. On their website it says *Minimum 3 match per club. So for supporters of the big clubs they are asking to shell out $50 for what could be 3 games all season.

Bumhead

Banned
I know it's not the Premier League, but don't sleep on watching the Sheffield derby on Sunday.

It's the first one for 5 years. The last time this fixture was played was in League One with United 5 points and 2 games in hand over us - second vs third in the league. We won that game 1-0 and went on to pip United to automatic promotion on the final day of the season. They have been stuck in League One ever since until now.

It's a fixture that's been out of the limelight for years due to both sides lack of Premier League football, but it's one of the hottest derbys in the country and it'll be some game.

Moobabe

I know it's not the Premier League, but don't sleep on watching the Sheffield derby on Sunday.

It's the first one for 5 years. The last time this fixture was played was in League One with United 5 points and 2 games in hand over us - second vs third in the league. We won that game 1-0 and went on to pip United to automatic promotion on the final day of the season. They have been stuck in League One ever since until now.

It's a fixture that's been out of the limelight for years due to both sides lack of Premier League football, but it's one of the hottest derbys in the country and it'll be some game.

Great shout - the PL game on Sunday is likely to be dross anyway.

In fairness Rafa didn't keep them up.

Have no clue why anybody would want Pearson as a manager though.
Well it's not like Pearson sucks as a manager. Don't forget how he helped them pull off their great escape from relegation by winning 7 from the past 9 games. He seems to give his team fighting spirit.

Top Bottom