• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Groof

How safe is android fingerprint security?

Because my phone just died, and if i send in for warranty, can they transplant the flash and look into my secrets and smut? I have it on fingerprint security before it died.
what kind of illegal fuckery are you doing that you're worried some random repairperson is going to go through the trouble to hack your fingerprint to enter that one specific folder/app?

Received my Jelly Pro. Tempted to give it a try while I'm home.

Can't use it at work due to no wifi calling :(
Wait, you bought this thing?

f29395e1669ea0bd593b029608d3e569_original.png

Or are you talking about the 1+5?

Cipherr

Fucking hell, where is the 550$ range high-end spec phone with a good camera that runs stock android? What the fuck is this new trend of 1000$ phones?

They'll keep charging more as long as people keep paying the price. Once they stop paying the high prices (they won't), they'll come back down.

Eh, when has the Nexus/Pixels been cheaply priced AND had a great comparable camera too? I can't recall that ever happening. Nexus 6 is where the prices went back up, and it certainly wasn't that camera, it was mediocre as hell compared to the best at the time. And The N4 N5 and Galaxy Nexus absolutely can't be the ones.

I liked the mid tier pricing too, but I remember each year knowing that it meant the camera was where they would save money.

longdi

Banned
if its encrypted they can't see anything
What u mean by encryption? I set up the phone in a normal way, registering my printz and add a passcode.

People do so much with their smartphones these days, but we can't remove the storage unlike laptop or pc. Smut, pin numbers, android pay and the likes '*_*'

Jeffrey

I'd love a good travel phone. Gimme one with a good camera and full day power of a bunch of photos and GPS use.

Guess you can just get a battery case for your flagships or have a long USB cable to your power pack in your bag.

I'd love a good travel phone. Gimme one with a good camera and full day power of a bunch of photos and GPS use.

Guess you can just get a battery case for your flagships or have a long USB cable to your power pack in your bag.
While it's only a so-so camera (which is probably all I need, to be honest), I'm still planning on getting a Moto Z Play as an "all day" phone. I'll probably keep my S7e as a good waterproof camera and use the Moto Z Play as my everyday phone.
God forbid a developer every makes a phone with a massive battery and a really fantastic camera. Maybe in the next few years...

I think I'll probably ignore the Moto battery mods and just get a small battery pack (I have a big one, but it's too heavy and bulky to carry around all the time).

OnePlus 5 has a pretty beast battery. Longest lasting battery I've used in a phone. Haven't tried a Mate 9 or LePro 3 yet that have 4000mah batteries though.

Jonnax

Anyone else feeling the Sony XZ1 Compact?
pr0fBqT.jpg

FunKGJX.jpg

p4OClEg.jpg

I think after having some large phones, I'm ready to go small.
Snapdragon 835 on a 4.6" device. 720p and no HDR though.

Also wanting that blue one, annoyingly it's exclusive to Carphone Warehouse in the UK so I think it'll go permanently out of stock before they reduce it from £499.99

Mandelbo

Anyone else feeling the Sony XZ1 Compact?
pr0fBqT.jpg

FunKGJX.jpg

p4OClEg.jpg

I think after having some large phones, I'm ready to go small.
Snapdragon 835 on a 4.6" device. 720p and no HDR though.

Also wanting that blue one, annoyingly it's exclusive to Carphone Warehouse in the UK so I think it'll go permanently out of stock before they reduce it from £499.99

I’m gonna get this in black after my current contract expires, the phone just sorta looks like exactly what I want really. I want to switch to android and I don’t like big phones - the audio enhancments and stuff sweeten the deal too

cabot

is the XZ1 Compact the same materials as the Xperia X?

I'm a big fan of it's style, it's really robust and good to hold. I know sony tend to cheap out on the compact/lower models by making it plastic/glass though.

Jeffrey

is the XZ1 Compact the same materials as the Xperia X?

I'm a big fan of it's style, it's really robust and good to hold. I know sony tend to cheap out on the compact/lower models by making it plastic/glass though.
Yeah seems to be plastic. Just be happy they went with 835 over like the 660

cabot

Yeah seems to be plastic. Just be happy they went with 835 over like the 660

Eh, I dunno. The X has a 600 series SoC and it runs just as fast as previous 800 series phones I've had.

Problem was the X was priced like a top end phone, but thankfully I got it at £230 or so, which is a much more acceptable price.

My use case being normal apps / audio through USB with USB Media Player Pro / no games at all.

Jeffrey

Eh, I dunno. The X has a 600 series SoC and it runs just as fast as previous 800 series phones I've had.

Problem was the X was priced like a top end phone, but thankfully I got it at £230 or so, which is a much more acceptable price.

My use case being normal apps / audio through USB with USB Media Player Pro / no games at all.
Yeah it's mostly it was priced too high. Think it's OK priced atm for what you get. Battery should be solid too for 720p screen.

Rad that there is still a company that makes a flagship small phone.

Now we just need the sd835 in a jelly pro

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
There are like no phones in the US anyways that use more than the 625 beyond I guess the 630 in the which is just a slightly more powerful 625 anyways.

We've yet to even get any 650 or 660 phones.

Seems like for the pricing we just end up with 800 series phones.

Jeffrey

What ever happen to quick charge 4. Only 1 phone supports it. New phones are all qc3 max.

Wonder if something about it needs some chipsets or license that phone devs bounced off.

cabot

Yeah it's mostly it was priced too high. Think it's OK priced atm for what you get. Battery should be solid too for 720p screen.

Rad that there is still a company that makes a flagship small phone.

Now we just need the sd835 in a jelly pro

X even had the concept ROM which was kept really up to date, until they killed it.

I'm pretty happy with the X to be honest, I'll hang onto it for another year since Android 8 has been confirmed for it.

Reckoner

I'll get a XZ1 Compact next year when the price drops. Love that it has a 720p screen and such a beast of a processor. Should also have good battery life.

From what I read, the materials on the phone are glass/plastic mix on the back and aluminum on the sides.

I'll leave the ultra resolution display and HDR for my living room TV.

I'm having a really weird issue, that I hope someone can help with.

The Google News and Weather app keeps crashing on me, it loads in, but if I refresh it it just immediately crashes. I've tried deleting chache and data, reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, but nothing seems to work.

The really fucked up thing, is that it works perfectly fine if I switch to either of my other two Google accounts linked on my phone.

Help! Please!

Top Bottom