• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go-han.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlc8Ko38ECA

Speedy dubs is pretty good as well.

I want to rewatch the series with these terrible dubs.

giphy.gif

That and Kaioken up to TEN TIMES is my fave from those dubs.

CryptiK

And still, you have an Ultimate Gohan avatar, the most basic thing Toriyama ever created.

Sounds a bit hypocritical.

That isn't a form. It's just Goku stacking the Kaioken on his transformation. No one called the Kaioken a form in the Saiyan Saga.
Just because its basic doesn't mean it can't look good. Goku's straight up looks bad.

Doesnt matter if it isn't a form its treated like one, just like Ultimate Gohan. He powers up into it, he gets stronger with it, it changes his look.

I don't care for any new Saiyan forms. It's just going back to the old cycle/formula of Saiyans making all of the supporting cast irrelevant that they've been doing since late-Cell Saga.

Sony

Nintendo
I don't care for any new Saiyan forms. It's just going back to the old cycle/formula of Saiyans making all of the supporting cast irrelevant that they've been doing since late-Cell Saga.

Which is a shame cause I really liked the Tien vs. Semi-Perfect Cell and Piccolo vs. 17 fight.

Daemul

Why do I have a feeling they're going to pretend like this isn't the case?
I mean, Toshio acknowledged it on Twitter but that's probably the most we're going to get, I don't expect the show to even bring it up at all.

EDIT:I've just remembered that ep104 is Toshios episode, so it might just get brought up after all.

caliph95

I mean, Toshio acknowledged it on Twitter but that's probably the most we're going to get, I don't expect the show to even bring it up at all.

EDIT:I've just remembered that ep104 is Toshios episode, so it might just get brought up after all.
It will just be
Goku n_n:hey you look like beerus
Cue reaction
Audience laughs

It will just be
Goku n_n:hey you look like beerus
Cue reaction
Audience laughs
What more is there to be said at this moment in time?? They're in the middle of a battle royale and they see each other as enemies, I don't think it would make sense to begin discussing his race and the potential similarities with Beerus and what that means and where he is from and if they know each other etc etc

What kind of acknowledgment are you peeps looking for????

?

caliph95

What more is there to be said at this moment in time?? They're in the middle of a battle royale and they see each other as enemies, I don't think it would make sense to begin discussing his race and the potential similarities with Beerus and what that means and where he is from and if they know each other etc etc

What kind of acknowledgment are you peeps looking for????

?
I want the show to stop and make the whole episode of Whiskey and Vados explaining the complicated history of the endangered race of purple animals with an origin story of how due to some ancient enemy or Zeno

that their parents sent them on space ships to escape and lead other universe to greatness because though they might initially FEAR them they will come to love them

dci260

That's why Goku remembers SSG

...watch this be true. >_>

I want the show to stop and make the whole episode of Whiskey and Vados explaining the complicated history of the endangered race of purple animals with an origin story of how due to some ancient enemy or Zeno

that their parents sent them on space ships to escape and lead other universe to greatness because though they might initially FEAR them they will come to love them

uCyJL52.gif

HeroR

Just because its basic doesn't mean it can't look good. Goku's straight up looks bad.

Doesnt matter if it isn't a form its treated like one, just like Ultimate Gohan. He powers up into it, he gets stronger with it, it changes his look.

Ultimate Gohan is literally just Gohan. So I guess it would look good if you like how Gohan looks in base.

Kaioken doesn't change Goku's look. All it does is gives him a double aura. It's also not treated like a form since a technquie that anyone can learn. The Kaioken was also not treated like a form when it was introduced.

So, like One Piece.

If they can't even react to Kale's Berserker form, or have Frieza react to the U6 Saiyans, then I wouldn't hold my breath for Dyspo getting any special attention lol

They did react to Kale's Berserk form. They just didn't acknowledged Broly since he doesn't exist in the main story.

I have a very strange feeling that Jiren is one gigantic bit of misdirection, and he might not turn out to be quite the threat we're all thinking he will be. Will he be powerful? Yes, very. Will he be the ultimate opponent Goku and co will face during this tournament? I'm really beginning to have serious doubts about that.

Piers

I have a very strange feeling that Jiren is one gigantic bit of misdirection, and he might not turn out to be quite the threat we're all thinking he will be. Will he be powerful? Yes, very. Will he be the ultimate opponent Goku and co will face during this tournament? I'm really beginning to have serious doubts about that.

You could be right, although the opening shows Goku's mysterious new power up continuing to battle Jiren and presumably, the writers wouldn't want to betray that piece of dangling hype carrot.
Side note: Do hope that Goku's new form is a result of him going into too much of a frenzy over fighting a super tough opponent. In a sense, similar to Street Fighter's Akuma. He seeks fierce battles to such a degree that it starts to consume him, and his barbaric Saiyan genes go haywire.

Because it would be an interesting parallel to Goku's first SSJ appearance. On Namek, Vegeta and others referred to "the Super Saiyan" as being a legendary figure, or status. It was a red herring as eventually it was revealed to actually be a transformation.
In this arc, Toppo comments on Goku being evil. It's apparent that it's an accusation towards Goku wanting a tournament that dooms everyone, but what if it wasn't? What if he really did sense an evil within him?

Mendrox

Jiren is the endboss for sure for me. He is a level above everyone else right now till Goku gets his new "let's end this bullshit" form.

I am also starting to get interested more in the arc after this one... and how will there be anything to get anything kicking. For me this tournament is really starting to be one of those "okay we cannot really get higher than this" thing.

I hope that new form for Goku will kick of something completely different for the series so that power levels really won't matter anymore.

Also Goku won't be evil... it is his Dragon Ball trait. It's the whole reason he was able to use Kintoun for example and Krillin wasn't for example. :p

You could be right, although the opening shows Goku's mysterious new power up continuing to battle Jiren and presumably, the writers wouldn't want to betray that piece of dangling hype carrot.
Side note: Do hope that Goku's new form is a result of him going into too much of a frenzy over fighting a super tough opponent. In a sense, similar to Street Fighter's Akuma. He seeks fierce battles to such a degree that it starts to consume him, and his barbaric Saiyan genes go haywire.

Because it would be an interesting parallel to Goku's first SSJ appearance. On Namek, Vegeta and others referred to "the Super Saiyan" as being a legendary figure, or status. It was a red herring as eventually it was revealed to actually be a transformation.
In this arc, Toppo comments on Goku being evil. It's apparent that it's an accusation towards Goku wanting a tournament that dooms everyone, but what if it wasn't? What if he really did sense an evil within him?

I was lamenting before that there is a lot of setup for something like this, but I still think they don't have the balls to pull it off. It would be amazing for Goku to go to far, and undoubtedly there's been enough hinting at it since Super began... but it all comes back to Goku being the hero always, and besides maybe some momentary misdirection (Goku decides near the end of the tournament to knock out the last of the U7 fighters, but it turns out it's something to do with the greater good) we aren't going to see a full on Goku betrayal.

The best way to handle it would be to finally make good on the Cell arc, and finally truly pass on the torch. Using Goku's increasing 'bloodlust' for strong opponents to lead him to only want to fight constantly, destroying innocents and maybe even planets in his wake. A kind of demi-GoD that everyone has to team up to beat and when they finally do Goku snaps out of it and self-exiles himself to prevent him from doing it again.

But again, this show does not have the balls to do something like that with Goku. It's to pro status quo.

caliph95

I was lamenting before that there is a lot of setup for something like this, but I still think they don't have the balls to pull it off. It would be amazing for Goku to go to far, and undoubtedly there's been enough hinting at it since Super began... but it all comes back to Goku being the hero always, and besides maybe some momentary misdirection (Goku decides near the end of the tournament to knock out the last of the U7 fighters, but it turns out it's something to do with the greater good) we aren't going to see a full on Goku betrayal.

The best way to handle it would be to finally make good on the Cell arc, and finally truly pass on the torch. Using Goku's increasing 'bloodlust' for strong opponents to lead him to only want to fight constantly, destroying innocents and maybe even planets in his wake. A kind of demi-GoD that everyone has to team up to beat and when they finally do Goku snaps out of it and self-exiles himself to prevent him from doing it again.

But again, this show does not have the balls to do something like that with Goku. It's to pro status quo.
It's also stuck with EOZ so it can't do anything too drastic unless Toeiyama decided "fuck it" let's ignore that

Piers

That's true! Granted, I didn't think Goku would go that far off the deep end. Hypothetically, against Jiren, he'd become manic yet not in a total bloodlust like Kale had been, especially when this arc already explored that in a Saiyan with her.
In fact, thinking about it, so far Jiren's quirk is that he's very composed and focused. Having a crazed Goku provoking and fighting him super aggressively would be a foil, what with Jiren vowing to put a stop to what he believes to be a "raging demon" manifesting from Goku.

But you're right in that they wouldn't go so far as to make Goku a straight up antagonist of sorts. Still, didn't Toriyama mention that he doesn't see Goku as that much of an actual hero?

Jiren is the endboss for sure for me. He is a level above everyone else right now till Goku gets his new "let's end this bullshit" form.

I am also starting to get interested more in the arc after this one... and how will there be anything to get anything kicking. For me this tournament is really starting to be one of those "okay we cannot really get higher than this" thing.

I hope that new form for Goku will kick of something completely different for the series so that power levels really won't matter anymore.

Also Goku won't be evil... it is his Dragon Ball trait. It's the whole reason he was able to use Kintoun for example and Krillin wasn't for example. :p

I've been thinking of a possibility where Goku's new form has some demonic element to it.

Super Saiyan Demon God?

Super Saiyan God Demon?

Just plain Super Saiyan Demon?

Gurrry

Im still new to the series (super, not the original), but I was going to ask if anyone here has tried playing the Dragonball Super TCG? Its like a mix of Yugioh, Magic the Gathering and other TCG's.

Ive been playing it on Tabletop Simulator and its loads of fun. Anyone here play it or want to play it?

Justinh

That would be funny if Jiren kinda like, tripped an fell off or something but they've been hyping him up so much for so long I can't see how he won't be final boss (aside from "U6 teammates"). What I wish would happen is that Goku gets knocked off and it's all down to Gohan, Piccolo, 18, and Roshi to figure out creative ways to take out the champions from other universes that are clearly stronger than them. Like... for one they trick someone to chase one of them and the rest ambush or if Freeza schemes some stuff for after Tournament party so he actually tries to win and pulls some surprise clutch save or something. I'm just kinda tired of "new 'ultimate' form saves the day!" (I guess I should wait to see what happens first though, it's not like SSJ3 form was what killed Buu).

I think it could be neat if there's some "Universe Invasion" kind of thing where Freeza was wished back to life and had recruited big bads from other universes to help him take over Universe 7. I guess it would have to be from non-participating universes since the erased fighters get done on the spot (I used to think like... Frost would just escape the erasure but I guess that can't happen).

HeroR

That would be funny if Jiren kinda like, tripped an fell off or something but they've been hyping him up so much for so long I can't see how he won't be final boss (aside from "U6 teammates"). What I wish would happen is that Goku gets knocked off and it's all down to Gohan, Piccolo, 18, and Roshi to figure out creative ways to take out the champions from other universes that are clearly stronger than them. Like... for one they trick someone to chase one of them and the rest ambush or if Freeza schemes some stuff for after Tournament party so he actually tries to win and pulls some surprise clutch save or something. I'm just kinda tired of "new 'ultimate' form saves the day!" (I guess I should wait to see what happens first though, it's not like SSJ3 form was what killed Buu).

I think it could be neat if there's some "Universe Invasion" kind of thing where Freeza was wished back to life and had recruited big bads from other universes to help him take over Universe 7. I guess it would have to be from non-participating universes since the erased fighters get done on the spot (I used to think like... Frost would just escape the erasure but I guess that can't happen).

New ultimate form haven't saved the day since the Cell Saga.

I now want Jiren to trip after wrecking someone. That'd be hilarious.

Mendrox

I totally forgot that half of the universes are not even in the tournament which solves everything for future arcs. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom