• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

chadskin

This is probably the appropriate place for it. Look at this dumb nonsense:

DKlwAWWX0AAs1mI.jpg

He seems to have a lot of hot takes, like how quickly May was able to negotiate the "coalition" with the DUP. How is this dud a BBC presenter.

llien

It's from the German movie "Blitzmädels an die Front". A very controversial movie to put it politely, so I am not setting any links to it, especially not in this day and age.
What is controversial about it? (I first thought it was nazi era movie, but it is from 1958)

Well no, I don't think so. The reasons for voting for a party full of nazis to represent you as I see them are:

A) You're a nazi

B) You don't care about being represented by nazis as long as you can stick it to the established parties

C) You don't know what you're doing

Doesn't seem that much better to me, tbh.
The people from B and C can be won over again by other parties though. Which hopefully will happen next time.

I'm not sure I'd want any of these voters.
Then what do you want? For them to keep voting for this extreme party, for them to never vote at all? These people are not going away, so it is far more useful to show them a proper solution to their perceived problems, then to just ignore them.

Dr.Phibes

Then what do you want? For them to keep voting for this extreme party, for them to never vote at all? These people are not going away, so it is far more useful to show them a proper solution to their perceived problems, then to just ignore them.

I'm much more comfortable with idiots showing their true colours than pandering to them like Seehofer did.

I'm not sure I'd want any of these voters.

Why? They are voters. Or votes, if you want to look at it in a dehumanizing way.
If they can be convinced to not give their votes to the worst parties, then everything is objectively better.
It's not like they themselves gain power to fuck stuff up this way.

I'm much more comfortable with idiots showing their true colours than pandering to them like Seehofer did.
I mean, nobody said we need to pander.
Especially concerning category C.
Also, what the next person said.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
CSU says their Obergrenze is a requirement for a coalition. 🙄

Well, to find a compromise the greens and the CSU could live with, I propose the upper limit to be #(humans on earth)-#(humans in Germany).

Dr.Phibes

That comfort of having 90 AfD mandates in the parliament.

Having literal neonazis and Wehrmacht apoligists as well as history revisionists in the parliament is unfortunate but also a good reality check, especially for the West.

I did my B.Sc in Nordhausen, Thuringia and we had Neonazis hanging out in front of our house every night, just because one of my roommates happened to be black.
Back home (Flensburg) nobody believed me that there were actual Neonazis roaming the streets.

Having literal neonazis and Wehrmacht apoligists as well as history revisionists in the parliament is unfortunate but also a good reality check, especially for the West.

I did my B.Sc in Nordhausen, Thuringia and we had Neonazis hanging out in front of our house every night, just because one of my roommates happened to be black.
Back home (Flensburg) nobody believed me that there were actual Neonazis roaming the streets.

That's all well and good, or actually rather terrible and bad, but I fail to see how this is an argument for giving up on apathetic(B) and uninformed(C) voters.

Dr.Phibes

That's all well and good, or actually rather terrible and bad, but I fail to see how this is an argument for giving up on apathetic(B) and uninformed(C) voters.

I'll admit that the Cs are "salvageable" to some extent. Unfortunately you can't force people to get educated so I'm not really sure how to reach out to them at this point.
But the Bs can drown in their own shit for all I care.

I'll admit that the Cs are "salvageable" to some extent. Unfortunately you can't force people to get educated so I'm not really sure how to reach out to them at this point.
But the Bs can drown in their own shit for all I care.

I believe that B and C tend to overlap, and that by educating, both problems can be solved.
You have to ask yourself why someone doesn't care. I'm sure that in many cases, the answer is a lack of understanding. Not always, but enough times.

How can or should we educate? I don't know. I'm sure there are ways and methods. I'm not specialized in teaching that kinda stuff.

In any case, I believe you're too dismissive of people who have failed you (politically).

chadskin

Germany will fail to form a government following the recent federal elections in the country, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Sept. 26, blasting Berlin’s "anti-Turkey stance" before the elections.

“You will see they will not be able to form a government. It will take them at least a couple of months,” Erdoğan said.

“The Netherlands attacked us and they have still not been able form a government,” he added.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ge...ays-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=118411&NewsCatID=510

lmao

oti

Banned
tagesschau Eil @tagesschau_eil
Frauke Petry kündigt AfD-Austritt an

Frauke Petry kündigt AfD-Austritt an
Stand: 26.09.2017 12:29 Uhr

Die AfD-Bundesvorsitzende Frauke Petry wird nach Informationen der dpa aus ihrer Partei austreten. "Klar ist, dass dieser Schritt erfolgen wird", sagte sie in Dresden, allerdings ohne einen genauen Zeitpunkt zu nennen.

Weitere Informationen in Kürze.

CTLance

.....and Petry is about to exit from AfD.

I just hope she pulls some people away with her.

Edit: dammit, should've refreshed. I blame oti.

Ladekabel

The SPD is planing a new beginning and one of the key figures for that seems to be Nahles. Is this smart? She was a minister in the GroKo and a prominent figure of the SPD for at least eight years if not longer.

Frau Kepetry.
Lol.

It's Frauke Petry.

That’s the joke.

CTLance

Who will push out Weidel and Gauland? 🤔
Gauland desperately wants to sit in the Bundestag, he'd wear women's clothing and kiss a refugee on the lips if that allowed him to do so. He's gonna hang on for dear life, no matter what. Even if the rest of the party crashes and burns.

Dammit, my family has started to call him Gauleiter, and it has stuck. Even autocorrect has started to fight against me.
I blame oti for that as well.

Barely related question:
Austrian elections are around the corner, happening on October 15th.
Anyone gonna make a thread for that, or is it not important enough?
Because boy do I have a lot of angry statements to make about that garbage fire.

Barely related question:
Because boy do I have a lot of angry statements to make about that garbage fire.

Let the Volunteer Fire Brigade of Passau deal with that.

oti

Banned
Barely related question:

It would be kinda hilarious to not make a thread for it but I'd say go for it. That shitshow needs its own thread.

Top Bottom