• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps4 was nearly double Xbox One sales in Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price drop before the 2014 holidays is the latest it will happen. A price drop after 6 months after release isn't the most uncommon thing in the world for consoles.

If they drop Kinect, maybe, but there are so many conflicting reports on Kinect being dropped that it's a little confusing right now.

gtj1092

Now we can finally stop hearing about xone selling great and hoq the mountains of consoles every where and the retail deals happening don't mean anything.

Amir0x

Banned
As I said in the other thread...

X1 collapsed hard. MS will certainly be in panic mode right about now. Sales have bottomed out here in the UK and I assume the same is true of sales in other regions too.

Titanfall isn't going to right this ship. It's just not going to happen.

Time for deep discounting/incredible value adds.

We'll see what happens with Titanfall, but since the game was announced I was unconvinced it was a killer app for any system, and I hold by that view. It'll sell a decent clip between PC, 360 and Xbox One, but nothing that'll set worlds on fire.

Expect Microsoft to whip out all their cards on the table this E3. They are behind worldwide, losing their best markets and Sony is doubling their sales in the US. They know they have to throw everything including the kitchen sink to get some momentum going or they could be stuck in a funk for awhile. Keep in mind, Sony is doing all of this without any big time exclusives launched and no earth shaking software shown to the public. Its all being done on potential.

It just keeps going.

QfFsuk2.png

Edit: beat'd

Mikey Jr.

Sony is making all the right moves right now.

Japan is a lock. Most of Europe seems to be in Sony's favour. UK seems to be leaning towards PS4. It seems like NA is going towards the PS4 as well.

I think what should really be the focus is the amount of consoles sold in january using the xbox one as a baseline. Huge drop off for a new console and it is gonna be really interesting to see how these things sell from here on out. Same with the ps4. Kinda nice to be back down to earth though. Especially after all that king has returned bullshit. Only time will tell i guess.

Into

Their product cannot even afford a 1:1 parity in sales, let alone this. Its not just that they got outsold 2:1 in their own "home turf" its that they did 145k esque, which is not...great, not even for January. Its not total craptacular like Wii U, but its not that far off.

Toki767

First time in years that Microsoft didn't put out hardware sales numbers on NPD day. It really must have not been good news for them.

MormaPope

Banned
Yah but you'd be fucking over everyone who paid $500 if you dropped it too soon. I'm expecting Q2 2015 at the very earliest.

Microsoft will give no fucks when it comes to that. If their people do the math and decide it's better to do a price cut to move more hardware at less profit, they will. Money will always come first for videogame hardware manufacturers, Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony don't care about about feelings being hurt if revenue or profit isn't negatively effected.

Dlacy13g

Some big news for sure.

Given this MS PR statement " Xbox One consoles have sold at a rate of 2.29 times faster than Xbox 360 in the U.S. in the same timeframe for the first three months on the market. "

I would hope one of the GAF Guru's will come up with a number given we knew bascially what Nov & Dec. were...and then knowing the "double" figure from Keighley.... we can come up with the Sony PS4 number.

I am too lazy though...and I say "we" as in meaning not "me" and finally I make no claim at being a guru.

Amir0x

Banned
Alright, that's just embarrassing.

To be fair, it's quite reminiscent of the hilarious SONY FAMILY days

Companies love to spin, spin, spin.

Dlacy13g said:
Given this MS PR statement " Xbox One consoles have sold at a rate of 2.29 times faster than Xbox 360 in the U.S. in the same timeframe for the first three months on the market. "

I would hope one of the GAF Guru's will come up with a number given we knew bascially what Nov & Dec. were...and then knowing the "double" figure from Keighley.... we can come up with the Sony PS4 number.

Other topic was saying 145-150k or something

Empty

that's impressive. i was expecting evens in microsoft's home territory, even with the price gap, just because of the brand strength they had in usa with the 360.

lmao at microsoft bringing out the xbox family spin

boingball

Boom. That's why NeoGAF is going down?
MS probably will wait until Titanfall to declare crisis mode. But loosing the US market would be a huge blow, no matter how much faster than the 360 the Xbone is selling.

Piggus

Kinda yeah. MS flooded NA with Xbones and PS4 is still very much supply-constrained.

2:1 is shocking actually.

Just because they flood the market doesn't mean people are forced to buy them.

that's impressive. i was expecting evens in microsoft's home territory, even with the price gap, just because of the brand strength they had in usa with the 360.

lmao at microsoft bringing out the xbox family spin

How did brand strength work out for the PS3 for the first few years?

Double that means it's at least 66% to 33%.

Everyone who was predicting bad NPD numbers because of various Microsoft initiatives was right. Also, the Xbox 'leaks' that was on Neogaf back then was said to cushion these bad news.

Well, I those leaks were to get people to not react so badly when it is announced no Halo 5 in 2014. The entire internet would be like "All we get is a lousy Halo 2 HD port???" and all chaos would ensue - and it still might happen regardless assuming we know all there is to know.

Kilau

Gold Member
Didn't think it would be that big.

Very interesting considering the Japan launch is right around the corner.

Sakura

I'm rather surprised to be honest. I've never actually seen a PS4 sitting on a shelf in a store before. Yet we've got Xbox Ones just sitting on the shelf at Walmart. So I thought Sony's inability to meet supply would hurt them.

WOW.

I seriously did not expect this.

But when you charge $100 more for a less powerful console WTF do you think is going to happen? As more big multiplatform games come out it will become more and more obvious to the gamer base at large how much better the multiplat games run on the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom