• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! May |OT| Round 2! FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like when they call each other out on their own bullshit.

TheresTheDoor.jpg

I also like how Wonder Woman is taller then Superman.

ReiGun

AvX #3: Man that was really dumb.
So Cap is basically terrible at dealing with mutants. Cyke plays him for a chump, and his solution to his sudden doubts about Wolvie are to just beat him up and toss him out a Quinjet? What?

Amazing Spider-Man #658: "Ends of the Earth" continues to be awesome. Sliver Sable totally wants to smang Spider-Man.

Aquaman #8: I want a book with the Others now. I wish the pace would pick up, but I suppose this is just how Johns writes.

It's not a twist ending per se, as it happens a ways before the end of the issue, but I assume what he's referring to is that
Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman all die. The book's main focus is the formation of the Justice Society five years later.

This was actually spoiled for me in World's Finest (which is pretty neat, btw).

Got earth 2, dial H, and GI Combat. I enjoyed them all, though earth 2 was probably the best, followed by dial H.

Batwing and Stormwatch were also good. I thought Judd winnick wasn't supposed to be very good at this author thing, but I'm enjoying it each month.

Haven't read animal man, swamp thing, action, or world's finest yet. A friend and I split up buying things because college students only have so much money (Though we both buy batwing and I,vampire every month b/c they need every sale they can get).

LOL'd at the end of AvX #3.
"Yeah? Weeeell... I'm gonna go save the world from Phoenix MY way! With blackjack! And hookers!"
:D

Oh, and it's official: don't trust
that Summers DNA!
>:|

People need to lighten up about AvX.

There are not enough superlatives to describe Dial H. It's creative and touching at the same time. Great art as well. Earth 2 is exciting to see who will be apart of the team initially.

notworksafe

There are not enough superlatives to describe Dial H. It's creative and touching at the same time. Great art as well. Earth 2 is exciting to see who will be apart of the team initially.
Is Earth 2 all story or are the last pages just sketches and bs? I won't have time to hit the shop until Friday but I'm curious how well they use those 40 pages.

I'd say it made AvX Versus look like Asterios Polyp, but to each his own.

Anyway, whose idea was it to ship four out of the six new New 52 books in a single week?

Such nonsense. Both are fight books and TT had great fights. Plus it had zero bad characterizations, and no questionable plot points.

They shipped 4 books cause the four books that were canceled were from this week.

Ah sorry, second-hand information! And as a Texas resident myself, going by the link it would probably explain the absence. Understandable and regrettable, for everybody involved.

Nope! Apparently a Diamond comics shipment truck driver died in accident around 3am(!), so some comics didn't get out to certain places!

Luckily the drivers from Diamond were fine. The comic store claimed that it was set for release this week at all, one in PA and the other in NY. TFAW listed it as unavailable, so I'm confused to what the hell happened. I might try Midtown in NYC tomorrow during lunch.

tm24

ASM 685 is book of the week based solely on the fact that it contains Sabra, Big Hero 6 and Kangaroo

Scott wins for his awesome New X-Men jacket

I was really bummed out when they got rid of those and went back to tights. There's no reason for the X-men to run around in spandex and it was nice that Morrison and Quitely moved towards something more functional. Then as soon as they're gone, they go and change it back with some bullshit hand waving dialog.

I was really bummed out when they got rid of those and went back to tights. There's no reason for the X-men to run around in spandex and it was nice that Morrison and Quitely moved towards something more functional. Then as soon as they're gone, they go and change it back with some bullshit hand waving dialog.

I think it makes their run more distinctive. Thats the power of comics. Its fluid and ever-changing. you can explore any number of scenarios. Plus wheddon wouldn't have put up with the commando gear. Hes superheroics tights and spandex fanboy.

BluWacky

Anyone else read the first issue of Mind The Gap? I think anyone who's enjoying Morning Glories might like this one - similar levels of "WTF????" but with stronger art. Various different layers of mystery.

Planning on reading Dial H later this week. My first venture into "cape" comics, purely for China Mieville. Someone hold me...

LOL'd at the end of AvX #3.
"Yeah? Weeeell... I'm gonna go save the world from Phoenix MY way! With blackjack! And hookers!"
:D

Oh, and it's official: don't trust
that Summers DNA!
>:|

People need to lighten up about AvX.

It's a Marvel Crossover. It might as well be a 360 Exclusive.

;D

At the Ultimate Marvel Marathon now. First five flicks then Avengers at midnight for $35. Free popcorn/coke all day.

Sogood.

Just finished Iron Man. Still amazing!

It's a Marvel Crossover. It might as well be a 360 Exclusive.

;D

Spider Island was amazing. It's looking like the JiM/New Mutants Exiled is following suit.

AvX does not measure up. It's not a matter of being against a company so much as against the lame shit the flagship crossovers start and end as. ;)

notworksafe

Spider Island was amazing. It's looking like the JiM/New Mutants Exiled is following suit.

AvX does not measure up. It's not a matter of being against a company so much as against the lame shit the flagship crossovers start and end as. ;)

The Spidermang books in SI were good...not much else was, imo. Except Avengers. That was awesome.

Gonna wait until Saturday for Avengers movie trip as that's the first day it's being shown in 2D (and isn't sold out) around here.

I don't really care one way or the other to be honest, but I'm with Spike in being bemused at how much people are flabbergasted. One post literally wondered "how they get away with this." People don't like it, that's fine, literally no one else ever does except me. But thinking it's some kind of grand swindle, especially in an industry where there are real life swindles on the reg that actually effect people, that's not just reacting to comics you don't like. That's something else. Something to be bemused at.

The Spidermang books in SI were good...not much else was, imo. Except Avengers. That was awesome.

Gonna wait until Saturday for Avengers movie trip as that's the first day it's being shown in 2D (and isn't sold out) around here.

Avengers/Cloak&Dagger/Shang-Chi/Venom were all awesome.

To be fair, some of the AvX ancillary books are worth a damn.

So let's not pretend that the events of both companies aren't liked/loved when they exhibit quality. People would and did ridicule Amazons Attack too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom