• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) out NOW NOW in USA and OH CANADA YOU HAVE IT TOO

So, I've unlocked the Tekken 5 stages, but only for VS mode. Is there a way to unlock them and have them mixed in with the Arcade Mode stages? I pretty much play by myself and would like to play the CPU on those stages sometime. Not really up for putting in my T5 disc just for some stages, y'know?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Not sure on the T5 stages in arcade mode, I rarely play single player.

I'll see if it is possible later today.

:)

TEKKEN 5 DR!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Is there any way to play this without tracking W/L's?

No practice mode?

Knowing my W/L's are being recorded no matter what is a bit stressful.

The Jer

DaCocoBrova said:
Is there any way to play this without tracking W/L's?

No practice mode?

Knowing my W/L's are being recorded no matter what is a bit stressful.

Nope, no practice.
The W/L being recorded never bugged me, since I rarely care about having decent stats.

SOLDIER

Has there been any news regarding future updates? There are still only 3 ending FMVs, and I'd like to purchase the other endings when they're available. And what about the promised online mode and training mode?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DaCocoBrova said:
Wait...

They want you to purchase the ending FMVs?

The f*ck?!

Its not really money. you've done nothing but complain about small crap on the ps3.

Now lets count the seconds before DaCocoBrova posts another complaint about the ps3.

Chrono

Banned
So I've had this game for a while now and... I can't play. :'(

I haven't played any fighting game seriously since the PSX days. I used to be awesome at both Tekken and Street Fighter and now I can't play either Dark Resurrection or 3rd Strike... I have Virtua Fighter 5 too just sitting there. I'm completely lost. How do you come up with combos? Do you open the manual and memorize moves? I don't remember doing that. It gets intimidating too. The impression I get is that you either completely master these games or you don't - in the latter case you won't have any fun. It's just button mashing on easy. What happened to me. *cries*

DaCocoBrova

Honestly, I never would've bought this game had I known every match went towards your W/L record. Makes the game too damn stressful. I like a good challenge, but not every match.

There's got to be some rankless mode in this bitch somewhere! Makes me want to go back to the PS2/PSP versions for real.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
^^ lol!

Just don't let it get to you... stress?

Some of my guys have an 80% win record and I don't care one bit... I just care about getting them to Dark Lord rank and of course playing competitively with my friends...

Don't let a W/L record keep you from enjoying this game!

DaCocoBrova

MarkMan said:

Don't let a W/L record keep you from enjoying this game!

I'm trying. Only 4 losses @ ~86%. The game needed a dojo mode or something. This is more of a 2 player affair IMO.

Just took the difficulty back down from 'hard' to the default 'medium'.

We'll see. Not like I can return the bitch. :lol

DaCocoBrova

Putting the difficulty back down to default makes the game waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun/less stressful. Back uo to 94% win rate. I'd prefer the added challenge of keeping it on 'hard' but not at the expense of my record. At least I can do that w/the PS2/PSP versions.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Apples and Oranges...

I think both games are great, but VF5 is definately more technical of the bunch...

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I purchased this game and then formatted the drive for Linux, now I want to download it again but I can't find it anywhere in the Playstation Store?

Where did it go?

Maggot9

Banned
Thunderbear said:
I purchased this game and then formatted the drive for Linux, now I want to download it again but I can't find it anywhere in the Playstation Store?

Where did it go?

In your download list, top right corner of the store.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Looking for a PS3 arcade stick? Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for the CHEAPEST price ANYWHERE!

391396119_14634412f3_o.jpg

High-Score Online! is selling the HRAP3 for $107 shipped to anywhere in the continental United States. Compare that to $130-140 everywhere else!

Here's a link to purchase:
http://high-scoreonline.com/store/hori-real-arcade-pro-3/

Check out MY review here:
http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/ps3-hrap3/hori-real-arcade-pro-3-review/

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
If a mod would be so kind to change the thread title to:

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) - ONLINE PLAY Coming Soon!

Synless

Captain N said:
I haven't played Tekken for a long time. This worth getting or should I hold off for Tekken 6?
I'd say get it if you are a tekken fan. I still play it from time to time so that I don't suck to bad when T6 comes out.

Ivy Mike

Neo Member
Similar question to the above - how about just plain Tekken 5 for PS2, is it worth getting over DR? Is the gameplay in DR improved over T5 (or is there anyone that thinks it's worse)? How different are the 2 gameplay-wise?

T5 seems like the more complete package, but as far as stuff not included in DR I think only the original games (1,2,3) and story mode are appealing, not all the other random modes. Unfortunately sounds like DR online can be pretty lackluster, so if I got that one I would consider only paying for the $20 version.

Top Bottom