• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Rixa

This is close to as good as I can get it. Now to see how the points will develop and maybe try later again if needed. Fun dungeon :).
Screenshot_2016-02-05-10-48-55.png
Screenshot_2016-02-05-10-49-05.png

coy

Tell me about it!
I got 2/15 for my Verdandi, I could rage all over this fucking game.
Yesterday I went farming again for those stupid dragonfruit's but of course the only drops I got were fucking blue and red!!!
Really hoped that I get one at least at Max S.Level....

But I'm pretty happy about 3 min stamina and about my new Blonia.

At the last godfest I got 2(!) Thor's, sold one and i'm waiting for a Indigo to get him to awoken status.
Also got a hathor.
Is she any good, or is my sakuya a better option out of these two?
Can I sell her?

Lucky you!

Do I have you as a friend?
I have an almost hypermaxed Verdandi and a pretty good bastet for you.
Hathor is definitely good but Sakuya is better. What Hathor provides is a tanky color-based team with a strong multiplier. Lots of stuff you can survive then heal back up. I enjoyed her playstyle as it provided a safety net and matching 5 or 4+1 heart wasn't difficult if you had experience with Horus. If I still used her, my team would be:

Hathor / L.Kali / L.Kali / Amaterasu / Arthur

I believe this is an optimal Hathor team yet she has been sidelined. Once Awoken Sakuya was announced and subsequently buffed, I knew I would make the change. She's still in my box as the team is fun just not as fun as Sakuya.

ZombAid82

Hathor is definitely good but Sakuya is better. What Hathor provides is a tanky color-based team with a strong multiplier. Lots of stuff you can survive then heal back up. I enjoyed her playstyle as it provided a safety net and matching 5 or 4+1 heart wasn't difficult if you had experience with Horus. If I still used her, my team would be:

Hathor / L.Kali / L.Kali / Amaterasu / Arthur

I believe this is an optimal Hathor team yet she has been sidelined. Once Awoken Sakuya was announced and subsequently buffed, I knew I would make the change. She's still in my box as the team is fun just not as fun as Sakuya.

Well I only need 2 more LKali and a Amaterasu for that, the easiest thing in the world lmfao^^
Is there any uevo planned for her?
I think for high multi light i'll use Sakuya, and everything else i'll use Saria or Thor, I think i'm gonnas sell her?

colinp

Banned
Could I get advice on a Sky Prison farm team? Apparently I at least completed the dungeon way back but I don't remember what I used and I'm not sure how effective it was. This is my box.

HGH

Banned
Again with another round of dumb questions.

-Is a Radious/Angelious worth using?
-Cuaton is just skill up fodder right?
-Same thing for this new temporary Red Sprite dungeon, that's just skill up fodder?
-Is my Fire Snow Globe Dragon worth using?
-I hate Dragon Fruit's drop rate?

raiot

No, only if you are desperate. But if you are THIS desperate, just reroll...

Yes

-Same thing for this new temporary Red Sprite dungeon, that's just skill up fodder?

Yes

No, get him fat and ripe and feed him to another card for 3million xp

yes, i bet you do! :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Update on my account:

Thank you for your patience.

The investigation has been completed. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to proceed with the data restoration due to [one of] the following reason(s):

-----------------------------------
- Old ID could not be confirmed.
-----------------------------------

If you wish to resubmit:

*Please provide the names of monsters that you registered as "Favorite", or those you often used.

*If you have purchase history, please send us a screenshot which can confirm the last date of purchase, the purchased item, and the quantity purchased.

The screenshot should show clearly the following:
- [iOS] Receipt number (Order)/[Android] Google Receipt number
- Purchased item with price
- Quantity of the purchased item
- Purchase date

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Puzzle & Dragons Support Team

Fucking hell. I PROVIDED the requested information already in previous screenshots. These motherfuckers are so damn incompetent. I'm fuming, as expected. But I sent them a followup email with images inline showing favorites from the recent Godfest, my most used monsters (as in which ones were on my team lists), as well as my 4 most recent stone purchases with DETAILED receipts from Google Play.

This better fucking work.

ZombAid82

Update on my account:

Fucking hell. I PROVIDED the requested information already in previous screenshots. These motherfuckers are so damn incompetent. I'm fuming, as expected. But I sent them a followup email with images inline showing favorites from the recent Godfest, my most used monsters (as in which ones were on my team lists), as well as my 4 most recent stone purchases with DETAILED receipts from Google Play.

Your the most unlucky guy in PAD it seems.
I'm so very sorry for you.
The worst part is, that you really pumped a lot of money in this game:-´(
I hope it works out again for you.
Do you have any idea, how this happens every time to you?

Quantum

Update on my account:

I know I mentioned this multiple times, the communication is terrible. It took me about 20 emails before I was helped. I think a good portion of it is done just to see if you will go away.

certainly not the best way to do business, but if you annoy them enough you will get your account back. Just expect only 1 response per day (generally arriving 3-4 am EST) and having to fill out the SAME information multiple times.

Since they send you a form letter I recommend you prepare a return form letter with all of your proof available.

I can think of no other product where the customer service is so terrible with respect to the amount of money the company brings in. I am continually amazed that this game doesn't have a e-mail verification process before transferring an account from one device to another.

After what I have spent in the past on this game I routinely have thoughts of me loosing my account - or it being stolen or modified. IT does not instill confidence and I'm not sure why gungho hasn't addressed the issue.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Your the most unlucky guy in PAD it seems.
I'm so very sorry for you.
The worst part is, that you really pumped a lot of money in this game:-´(
I hope it works out again for you.
Do you have any idea, how this happens every time to you?

Nope - I suspect the first time had something to do with when I quit and then moved from a Nexus 5 to a Note 4. Probably left some data on the phone or something. I don't know.

This time was weird. I literally logged in after a work meeting and my game was asking for me to create a name and pick a starting monster. But it had my ID still associated with my phone. I know everything is stored serverside, but I think a lot of data is stored locally? So it's like my phone deleted all the data? I don't know. I was literally playing like 45-60 minutes prior to my data disappearing.

I know I mentioned this multiple times, the communication is terrible. It took me about 20 emails before I was helped. I think a good portion of it is done just to see if you will go away.

certainly not the best way to do business, but if you annoy them enough you will get your account back. Just expect only 1 response per day (generally arriving 3-4 am EST) and having to fill out the SAME information multiple times.

Since they send you a form letter I recommend you prepare a return form letter with all of your proof available.

I can think of no other product where the customer service is so terrible with respect to the amount of money the company brings in. I am continually amazed that this game doesn't have a e-mail verification process before transferring an account from one device to another.

After what I have spent in the past on this game I routinely have thoughts of me loosing my account - or it being stolen or modified. IT does not instill confidence and I'm not sure why gungho hasn't addressed the issue.

Yeah, I honestly don't know how a company making SO much money can't hire on competent US support staff. The screenshots I sent this time have very specific data related to my recent transactions, so if they can't hook me up this time...Well, I'm not sure what I'll do.

Bladelaw

Tell me about it!
I got 2/15 for my Verdandi, I could rage all over this fucking game.
Yesterday I went farming again for those stupid dragonfruit's but of course the only drops I got were fucking blue and red!!!

Do I have you as a friend?
I have an almost hypermaxed Verdandi and a pretty good bastet for you.

Maybe, but just in case: 359,468,351
I need to clean up a friend slot but I could always use more green love.

So I spent all day farming plants and got 15 blue trifruits. 2 red and 1 green. WTF

Today I plan on grabbing all the Mythlits I need to get my A. Ammy team in working (if not optimal) order. Thanks to all the farming yesterday I got enough baby tamas for a couple "free" awakenings on A. Ammy.

I'm looking at using her as a stall/grind leader. My light/healer sub pool is pretty poor but I'm getting there, especially since I can hit descends now.

A. Amaterasu
Valkyrie
Athena
Xmas Archangel
UUevo Kushi

My Box if anyone wants to help me find a better crew to help A. Ammy.

Again with another round of dumb questions.

Radious/Angelious are fine to use early on in the game, they're like baby's first combo leader. You'll move past him very soon though.

You can use the Snow Globe as a leader to scumbag past Wed/Fri dungeons. Who cares when monsters are doing 9999 damage when you have 30k HP.

Bladelaw

Oh in the "seeking help" camp I'm stuck on the level 5 and 6 challenge dungeons this go around. How are people getting around that? I've never been much good at the 5x4 or 7x6 boards but I can usually power through a challenge, this time no dice. I have pretty capable A. Shiva, Verdandi, and A. Bastet teams to throw at the problem but without combos or solid TPAs I get wrecked.

ZombAid82

Maybe, but just in case: 359,468,351
I need to clean up a friend slot but I could always use more green love.

So I spent all day farming plants and got 15 blue trifruits. 2 red and 1 green. WTF

Today I plan on grabbing all the Mythlits I need to get my A. Ammy team in working (if not optimal) order. Thanks to all the farming yesterday I got enough baby tamas for a couple "free" awakenings on A. Ammy.

I'm looking at using her as a stall/grind leader. My light/healer sub pool is pretty poor but I'm getting there, especially since I can hit descends now.

A. Amaterasu
Valkyrie
Athena
Xmas Archangel
UUevo Kushi

My Box if anyone wants to help me find a better crew to help A. Ammy.

Now I remember, I tried already once, but you had no more free friend space.
would be awesome to add you!

razterik

I was literally playing like 45-60 minutes prior to my data disappearing.

You've got the worst problems when it comes to this game. I don't know how you put up with this and still come back to spend money on it. Good luck getting it back and running. Maybe we should have named the OT "Nicoga's Account Lost and Found".

Oh in the "seeking help" camp I'm stuck on the level 5 and 6 challenge dungeons this go around. How are people getting around that?

Verdandi should be able to handle the 5x4 in level 5 as long as you don't get completely orb trolled. I'd favor short orb changers over her more common subs, just be careful about flooding the board too much and preventing getting a TPA or two in columns or on the top/bottom rows. Maybe sub a delay if you're struggling.

7x6 is for combo leads like A.Shiva and A.Bastet, match away the usual and skyfalls should handle the rest. For level 6, the first two floors give at least a couple turns to handle them. Watch out for Tengu if he's on a one turn timer, orb change him if you're worried. Yomi board blind is pretty dangerous on 7x6 and with her hard hits, tap out the board before moving or consider a shield/delay. Kaguya will catch you with devil bind below 75%, but she's also susceptible to delay or poison. Having an emergency heart maker for no RCV can make the difference if you get stuck on a floor.

ZombAid82

You've got the worst problems when it comes to this game. I don't know how you put up with this and still come back to spend money on it. Good luck getting it back and running. Maybe we should have named the OT "Nicoga's Account Lost and Found".

Very bad from you, I lol'ed really loud here at work for the new OT suggestion, and made me sad for Nicoga at the same time :-(

The skill delays in the co-op alt dungeons fucking suck. It serves me right for going in blind on co-op dungeons solo, but I can easily take out most of the dungeon and then I get a skill delay pre-empt, don't have enough light or heal orbs, and then die. I'll try again this weekend when I can sit with padx open, but it just seems so god damn unfair.

Bladelaw

Very bad from you, I lol'ed really loud here at work for the new OT suggestion, and made me sad for Nicoga at the same time :-(
Just sent you a FR.

Also good luck Nico, given how much you've spent it's bullshit they aren't taking this more seriously.

Ducarmel

Nico maybe pm caspel maybe he can make a call and confirm to whoever it may consern the account really you belongs to you.

Anybody on jp server run awoken Pandora need friends. I have bastet, kite, sakuya also.

fek

Nico maybe pm caspel maybe he can make a call and confirm to whoever it may consern the account really you belongs to you.

Anybody on jp server run awoken Pandora need friends. I have bastet, kite, sakuya also.
217,707,611, I'm keeping her as my active leader.

I haven't actually made one yet cause the loss of God typing is a deal breaker for Yomidog.

Anybody else bothered by Linthia's dungeon name not being named "Wind Dragon Queen" to match up with all the other legendary descendeds?

J0dy77

Did some MP yesterday with AtlantaGuy and Rixa, awesome stuff. Most fun I've had playing PAD in a long time. The content doesn't have to be all that fun and it's not efficient in terms of time playing but the fact that you're playing with other people just makes it so much more immersive. The pressure of moving orbs with someone always watching over your shoulder is great.

coy

Best of luck, Nicoga.

Well I only need 2 more LKali and a Amaterasu for that, the easiest thing in the world lmfao^^
Is there any uevo planned for her?
I think for high multi light i'll use Sakuya, and everything else i'll use Saria or Thor, I think i'm gonnas sell her?

Egypt 2 had their uvos relatively recently so it'll be awhile until their next phase. We can only speculate how much better or even when their next form will be. If you have zero commitment to a monster, then sell.

hermit7

Did some MP yesterday with AtlantaGuy and Rixa, awesome stuff. Most fun I've had playing PAD in a long time. The content doesn't have to be all that fun and it's not efficient in terms of time playing but the fact that you're playing with other people just makes it so much more immersive. The pressure of moving orbs with someone always watching over your shoulder is great.

Yeah I played a bunch with others and had fun too. The dungeons offer a nice difficulty as well, but aren't too punishing which I enjoy as well.

Just offers nice change to the game. Which while fun was getting somewhat stale after nearly 900 days.

Kreed

I'm getting to the point where I don't know what to focus on team wise. Currently my favorite teams to run are:

Ra/Kirin, Light Kali, Okuninushi, Susano, Orochi
Lakshmi/Idunn & Idunna/Blue Sonia, Blue Sonia/Hermes, Karin, Snow White, Andromeda/Idunn and Idunna

Most of the time I run Ra lead, with the other teams and variations being when the dungeon in question makes him not a good idea or favors the other teams more. Other note worthy monsters are:

Archdemon Lucifer
Lucifer
Anubis
Kushinada
Horus
Red Sonia
Amaterasu Ohkami
Thor
Meimei
Satsuki
Ame no Uzume
Nephthys
Perseus
Krishna
Guan Yu

I plan on working on Archdemon Lucifer once his ultimate comes, but I feel like I could be underestimating some of these other monsters in regards to teams/limiting my options too much.

I'm getting to the point where I don't know what to focus on team wise. Currently my favorite teams to run are:
Your I&I/Ryune team is probably your best bet. to focus on. You have some great options there.

As for the others, Nephthys looks promising. Satsuki, Okuni, Amir, Z8 would be a very solid team. Would require quite a bit of investment, but Z8 is easier to farm than ever with coop.

Nothing else really jumps out at me.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm always around, so everyone should feel free to PM me if you have any P&D questions/feedback/etc. I sit across from the Customer Operations Manager, so I typically can field him any customer service questions when he has down time.

Ra/Kirin, Light Kali, Okuninushi, Susano, Orochi
Lakshmi/Idunn & Idunna/Blue Sonia, Blue Sonia/Hermes, Karin, Snow White, Andromeda/Idunn and Idunna

Most of the time I run Ra lead, with the other teams and variations being when the dungeon in question makes him not a good idea or favors the other teams more. Other note worthy monsters are:

Archdemon Lucifer
Lucifer
Anubis
Kushinada
Horus
Red Sonia
Amaterasu Ohkami
Thor
Meimei
Satsuki
Ame no Uzume
Nephthys
Perseus
Krishna
Guan Yu

I plan on working on Archdemon Lucifer once his ultimate comes, but I feel like I could be underestimating some of these other monsters in regards to teams/limiting my options too much.

I&I/Ryune seems to be your best bet and worth investing in. Looks like a very capable end-game team. I found a pretty cool website the other day http://www.pad-builder.com/#/. It's still a work in progress, but it's really helpful when trying to figure out team builds.

Kreed

I&I/Ryune seems to be your best bet and worth investing in. Looks like a very capable end-game team. I found a pretty cool website the other day http://www.pad-builder.com/#/. It's still a work in progress, but it's really helpful when trying to figure out team builds.

I've been using this site to figure out what monsters have potential or not for leads and subs:

https://game8.jp/matome/18865

Although I know that's for Japan and they are just giving their opinions, but seeing X monster go from useless to SS suddenly or a monster like Ra dropping from SS to A+ tier makes me cautious to put a lot of time and plus eggs/Piis/latent awakenings on anything anymore (ex: my Red Sonia and all the plus eggs I put on her back when she was the "it" monster). And the second skill system could potentially blow everything out of the water. Right now my "favorite" teams can clear most of the Challenge Dungeons without using a stone although 9-10 give me trouble depending on the rules/enemies. Example, the current Challenge Dungeon 9 and it's no awakenings rule made it harder to make matches with Ra and Kirin and the larger board made it harder to use Idunn and Idunna/Lakshmi/Blue Sonia (I ended up clearing it with Kirin). And none of my teams can touch Arena currently.

Mixed2k

Okay guys, please help me out here before my head explodes. Here's my dilemma:

Started with I&I, at the time I didn't know better and only now realize that blue teams are heavy REM reliant, regardless of which evolution path I take her. That's a big no-no to me, I'm too cheap.
In my despair mode I was planning on starting over with something more manageable like fire or dark starter (as far as I know those are the least REM reliant), however before deleting the data I spent the last 5 stones and got this "Shiva" dude.
Instead of starting over on a godfest should I start working on a shiva beginner's team?
As far as I see red is pretty simple to build, with the healer girl, some gigas, the fire starter and goblins.

Anyways is shiva an actual good leader or one of those that are pretty old and got outclassed by power-creeped gods ? REM reliant ?
Do I keep my original intention of forgetting the account and start over on a god-fest and get something broken?

Anyways thanks to the guys that answered my previous questions, it was very informative.

yami4ct

I realize humans are bad at judging statistics, because we see patterns where none really exist, but my last 2 days really make me feel like the desire sensor is real and it hates me.

Yesterday I needed Green and Red fruits to skill up my 2 other Norns since Skuld is done. I got an inordinate amount of Blues. Today I wanted to use my natural stam to farm Angelits for my last L.Kali and I got 5 Devilits in a row.

Boy does this kind of stuff feel awful.

Started with I&I, at the time I didn't know better and only now realize that blue teams are heavy REM reliant, regardless of which evolution path I take her. That's a big no-no to me, I'm too cheap.
In my despair mode I was planning on starting over with something more manageable like fire or dark starter (as far as I know those are the least REM reliant), however before deleting the data I spent the last 5 stones and got this "Shiva" dude.
Instead of starting over on a godfest should I start working on a shiva beginner's team?
As far as I see red is pretty simple to build, with the healer girl, some gigas, the fire starter and goblins.

Anyways is shiva an actual good leader or one of those that are pretty old and got outclassed by power-creeped gods ? REM reliant ?
Do I keep my original intention of forgetting the account and start over on a god-fest and get something broken?

Anyways thanks to the guys that answered my previous questions, it was very informative.

Before 3* were removed from the REM, I'd likely have advised you to start over with something other then I&I. Something with some punch and lasting power against newer releases. But with super ults and awokens running around everywhere along with MP dragons, it's just a crazy world out there. Because of how crazy things have gotten and will get and with how often you can pull decent stuff from the REM now, my plain and simple answer to this is just stick with it. You'll pull yourself out over time and Shiva is good enough to hold down the fort with, as you've already list, lots of easy to get stuff, so just pal up with some Awoken Shivas and go ham as you work on gathering more stones and progress in dungeons.

While it should go without saying, avoid collabs and seasonal gachas right now, you'll want to focus all your stones on godfests, preferable on a fire gala if we're lucky enough. Don't let that stop you, if it's a good godfest set take the dive and roll some good stuff. Anyway, any fire subs at this point will do, row or prong, just keep at it and hope for some fire subs. Don't be discouraged by pulling other stuff, you'll have to build other teams some day anyway so just keep at it, maybe you'll end up with a better water team instead of fire.

Kyuur

Shiva is an excellent leader once Awoken, like I&I. I'm not sure 'REM reliant' really plays a factor in teams anymore, you get a ton of free stones and there aren't any easy-to-get non-REM units that will work late game.

Nothing stopping you from building a team like this that will quite easily waltz through most early content just using your friend's two-pronged attack. Enough to get you evolving your units and getting stones at least!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....0.0.0.0..899.70.1.0.0.0.0..2443.99.1.0.0.0.6

yami4ct

Shiva is an excellent leader once Awoken, like I&I. I'm not sure 'REM reliant' really plays a factor in teams anymore, you get a ton of free stones and there aren't any easy-to-get non-REM units that will work late game.

Nothing stopping you from building a team like this that will quite easily waltz through most early content just using your friend's two-pronged attack. Enough to get you evolving your units and getting stones at least!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....0.0.0.0..899.70.1.0.0.0.0..2443.99.1.0.0.0.6

I would say 'REM Reliant' to me now means the card is super reliant on very specific pulls to be good. Awoken Ra, for example, is a card with not that many super viable combinations of REM cards. You basically have to pull at least 1-2 Kalis to make him good. Because of that, I'd say he's a pretty rotten stater. You're betting a lot on luck.

For some cards like Shiva, you have a ton more viable REM subs, drastically raising the chances you pull something that will meet your needs.

Your starter rarely determines what your final team is now days, so it doesn't really matter that much. It's more about filling your box at good GodFests and seeing where luck takes you.

Mixed2k

Thanks bros, I'll keep trucking with shiva then (i&i has this cool healer team but I better stick with something easier to build).
Sorry for the persistent questions, I just like to plan way ahead so I don't hit a brick wall.

Endgame these days is all teams with lots of REM cards, it's just the nature of how the game has evolved.

Make sure to keep an eye on Shiva Dragon players, they'll have good compatibility with the fire/dark evolution path for Shiva.

Top Bottom