• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Mifec

Damn this game can be a bit pandering :/

Good thing that's its likely optional

It's clothing damage,
you can do it on your own but I assume it also happens if you get blown up by enemies.

There is a pandering related achievement too.

Ferr986

It's clothing damage,
you can do it on your own but I assume it also happens if you get blown up by enemies.

There is a pandering related achievement too.

Can clothing damage be deactivated? That thing looks a little too much for what's usual in games with clothing damages.

LotusHD

Banned
Can clothing damage be deactivated? That thing looks a little too much for what's usual in games with clothing damages.

No idea, didn't even know it'd be in there. Every time it happens (saw 2 different streams), I'm not even paying full attention, so I don't even know how exactly it happens to begin with.

Ferr986

I have no clue.

No idea, didn't even know it'd be in there. Every time it happens (saw 2 different streams), I'm not even paying full attention, so I don't even know how exactly it happens to begin with.

Ok thanks. We'll see, not a dealbreaker but hope there's an option for it. Would be cool if it had scars in the outfit but in that pic it looks overdone and kind of stupid , it looks like in those games where the clothes basically explode lol

Hektor

We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again?

https://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw?t=117

t1487775600z0.png

These lyrics fit surprisingly well to Nier's plot

kromeo

Haven't really followed much of the game, was always buying it but the music when you scroll over the demo on the PS4 is real nice, definitely has vibes of the original

Not a big fan of the Western cover of the game and disappointed the European release gets the American one, usually we get the better looking Japanese ones as well or at least more artistic in betweens.

Not a fan of the American norm of "everyone posing with raised weapons in the front or walking towards the screen with a gun" covers.

Can't wait for the game though, will get it as soon as I am done with Persona 5 when I come back from Japan.

That said I have a really big question: I know that the Japanese version of the game comes with English subtitles, so I assume that the rest of the game besides the voiceover (text, menus, item descriptions etc.) is available in English as well? If yes then I will think I will get the Japanese physical version of the game ^_^.

Lime

Music is really, really good.

My major issue is with the environmental art and graphics. But I guess it's just following the style of Nier.

Not a big fan of the Western cover of the game and disappointed the European release gets the American one, usually we get the better looking Japanese ones as well or at least more artistic in betweens.

Not a fan of the American norm of "everyone posing with raised weapons in the front or walking towards the screen with a gun" covers.

Can't wait for the game though, will get it as soon as I am done with Persona 5 when I come back from Japan.

That said I have a really big question: I know that the Japanese version of the game comes with English subtitles, so I assume that the rest of the game besides the voiceover (text, menus, item descriptions etc.) is available in English as well? If yes then I will think I will get the Japanese physical version of the game ^_^.
The NA/EU cover is reversible...

Why does Japan always get better boxart than us? It honestly makes me feel like we aren't cultured enough to handle good boxart.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Why does Japan always get better boxart than us? It honestly makes me feel like we aren't cultured enough to handle good boxart.

We certainly aren't.

Publishers do extensive focus testing on cover art, and americans fucking love badass dudes with guns menacing the observer.

I mean, just look at COD and GamerGate culture.

jacobeid

Banned
We certainly aren't.

Publishers do extensive focus testing on cover art, and americans fucking love badass dudes with guns menacing the observer.

I mean, just look at COD and GamerGate culture.

A lot of this is true, yeah. Market research is a thing despite what we all want. I'm just happy we get the reversible cover
even though I'll be waiting for the PC version to see which I should pick

Mifec

Holy shit this was such a Yoko Taro thing

Building with the little robots rocking a cradle and others trying to fuck, just jumping at each other's crotches.

Finalow

for some reason my patch download is slow as fuck. guess I'll have to wait another hour or so

hype killed, asking for refund

Top Bottom