• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

martina-coll.png

What?

http://www.you.co.za/news/former-air-hostess-spends-thousands-in-a-bid-to-become-exotic-barbie/

shingi70

Banned
Crash, Knack 2, and Voodoo Vince we truly are in the best timeline.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...s-like-hydra-going-like-lead-balloon-twitter/

Yesterday, Bleeding reported on Marvel’s plan to get comic shop employees to wear Hydra shirts to promote Secret Empire. It’s part of Marvel’s overall “Hydra Takeover” marketing gimmick that has been as well-received on social media as, well, as Secret Empire itself. For some reason, one we can’t quite put our finger on, people are uncomfortable with this. Hmm. What could it be?

Who knew people don't want to dress as Nazi's Fictional or otherwise.

Slayven

Not going to defend them but I can see where the amber is coming from. Marvel isn't asking people to wear full on SS gear, but to admit of do owners and readers there's no real difference.

If you can't tell the difference between a t-shirt and reality, comics are not for you.

shingi70

Banned
If you can't tell the difference between a t-shirt and reality, comics are not for you.

Of course it's just as symbol, but it means different things to different people. I personally don't see any difference between this and the Hydra backpack their selling at GameStop, but I can understand why that Jewish shop owner might feel some type away about the reveal.

It doesn't help that this doubled on top of Marvels recent Gaffes about Diversity and people tend to be down on the comic side of marvel right now.

I'm not the biggest fan if the current story. It's a quality book and Evil campus well realized, but I think the story would have been better served with a Cap that's not Steve Rogers.

Slayven

Of course it's just as symbol, but it means different things to different people. I personally don't see any difference between this and the Hydra backpack their selling at GameStop, but I can understand why that Jewish shop owner might feel some type away about the reveal.

It doesn't help that this doubled on top of Marvels recent Gaffes about Diversity and people tend to be down on the comic side of marvel right now.

I'm not the biggest fan if the current story. It's a quality book and Evil campus well realized, but I think the story would have been better served with a Cap that's not Steve Rogers.
People are down on Marvel because they keep reading Breitbart of Comics Bleeding cool.

What gaffes about diversity?

I wish our American women would take more inspiration from African sisters, it seems like they are the most inspired and innovative with their hair.

shingi70

Banned
People are down on Marvel because they keep reading Breitbart of Comics Bleeding cool.

What gaffes about diversity?

The one guy saying how Diveristy hasn't worked and tired to use it as a scapegoat for bad sales despite readers being exhausted with the numerous relaunches, cancellations, and events.

I wish our American women would take more inspiration from African sisters, it seems like they are the most inspired and innovative with their hair.

Don't forget our American women have the pressures of the corporate world and how being innovative with their hair could unfortunately cause them their job or job opportunities.

Don't forget our American women have the pressures of the corporate world and how being innovative with their hair could unfortunately cause them their job or job opportunities.
We've instilled the idea that being different than "straight hair cut short or in a ponytail" is the only acceptable corporate look.

It's a shame really.
I've always wanted to go hunting. Went in to a local gun store to make some inquiries about gun ownership and licensing. Strange that it didn't go that well
I hunt all the time. It's real fun but yeah, most people tend to not see anything but skin color and assume the worse when you even inquire about maybe owning a gun..

Black women get far more leeway these days than men in the corporate world. A lot of that is old thinking by us, we often vendor ourselves far more than those that oppress is in an effort to prevent it.

Slayven

We've instilled the idea that being different than "straight hair cut short or in a ponytail" is the only acceptable corporate look.

It's a shame really.

Someone in a thread asked by the suit and tie was the universal "professional look" and another poster said cause rich white man decided it. That simple fact blew my mind

shingi70

Banned
Yet Marvel has the most diverse lineup in comics

No one is disputing that. It's just saying that all this good we've done is what making sales stagnant, but no blaming the dozens of numerous other reasons is sorta fucked.

The only thing I didn't like about Sam as Cap was that he kept the wings

I like the wings they keep him Unqiue and allow him mobility that Steve doesn't have.

It's still not as flexible as it should be, but Black women have alot more options to style their hair in coporste america,even if it's only gone from 2 styles to 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom