• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil is now free on Uplay

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I can't even download the free game...
I get this error messege all the time:
"uplay is unable to start your download check that you have an active internet connection"

Any suggestions?

Try restarting it or something. Downloaded fine for me, don't know why that would happen, maybe you need a firewall exception for uPlay?

Pagusas

Elden Member
how are you suppose to play this game without controller support. Makes no sense how it was released without it, even back in the day.

Theman2k

Try restarting it or something. Downloaded fine for me, don't know why that would happen, maybe you need a firewall exception for uPlay?

I tried reinstalling, running as administrator and nothing worked. I downloaded another game demo, and while it downloaded i resumed Beyond good and evil a few times till it got on a swing on the sixth try and then it continued until completion.
The demo downloaded just fine, I guess its a problem server side. Always remembered Uplay for the worse.

silva1991

how are you suppose to play this game without controller support. Makes no sense how it was released without it, even back in the day.

I plugged in my Xbox One controller and started playing with no problems. it shows keyboard buttons, but with xbox controller letters instead( X, Y, A, RB, RT etc)

Drakhyrr

It really is. I've never understood the Zelda comparisons. Most of the gameplay revolves around stealth, not puzzles.

There is usually only one way around the stealth sections, and most of the time being detected means instant death/retry. I'd say they're really puzzles with a stealth theme.

Kneefoil

I ran into texture flickering problems, but I found a solution that works for me. I enabled everything in the advanced settings except for AA (I'm downsampling), then I went and forced Vsync in the Nvidia control panel for bge.exe. I'm also using the widescreen fix from here.

Oh! That seems to have worked for me as well. Thanks a bunch.

I finished the HD release on 360, and I can totally recommend it. I did everything and while you can tell it's dated, it's totally enjoyable by today's standards.

Anyone know how to download?

I've got the previous months but at the moment I can't download, its still October as well.

Games shows up in uplay
wQdc.jpg

but clicking on anything related to ubi30 I get this static screen and can only return to the rest of uplay.

xQdc.jpg

Tried restarting

Managed to work around it by logging in via the website and select get the game and now it appears in my games. The uplay app still does what I describe above and no way can I claim the game, it just gets stuck with a static blue circle trying to navigate ubi30

Managed to work around it by logging in via the website and select get the game and now it appears in my games. The uplay app still does what I describe above and no way can I claim the game, it just gets stuck with a static blue circle trying to navigate ubi30

Are you possibly on Nvidia drivers 375.57? If not then the blame is entirely on Uplay. Which is not surprising.

marmoka

Banned
I always forget to download the game. I'll try tonight, and I will tell you if it works for me or if I'm having problems as well.

If I write nothing, I forgot to download it again.

I just downloaded this for my PC and I have an issue. Whenever I try to start the game or Settings Application, it keeps saying "Graphics Card Driver is not up-to-date" and whenever the game boots up, the resolution is extremely low. The settings menu recognized the card used but I can't select any resolution or refresh rate. How do I get around this?

Top Bottom