• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

Uchip

Banned
so instead of being generic turds
theyre recognizable ones that look (and smell) equally terrible

its like people thought the musical production of 'cats' wasn't strange enough so they had to take it a step further and surround their entire body with a kind of stagnant shell representing their alter ego

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Well, the majority of my days lately consist of work, and randomly pen sketching furry characters. The drawings are just stacking up.

I feel like Jonah Hill in that Superbad scene.

FoxSpirit

so instead of being generic turds
theyre recognizable ones that look (and smell) equally terrible

its like people thought the musical production of 'cats' wasn't strange enough so they had to take it a step further and surround their entire body with a kind of stagnant shell representing their alter ego

You mean world success, constantly played, record shattering musical Cats?? People think it's charming, not strange. People love cats.

Prax

You mean world success, constantly played, record shattering musical Cats?? People think it's charming, not strange. People love cats.

I love cats~~! <3 <3
I even drew some cats today!

pudding__by_meibatsu-d4vzrxx.jpg

I am sorry if she is not humanoid enough for you guys, but she is pretty furry~! >___>
Her name's Pudding. <3

On full fursuits: really not my thing. Usually the heads look too oversized for the bodies too.

FoxSpirit

That's... *get's adorable overload*
Wow, you are good.
Marry me :p

In the same tone but different:

z_df660db1.jpg

from the funny pics thread, source unfortunately unknown :-(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's really fat.

And cute.

Fat cats are cute.

NewFresh

I think it managed to make its political message clear, actually.

I'm going to disagree with this. The message of the movie was against the use of recombinant DNA practices but it creates a character that is "bad-ass" and appealing due to these practices. If anything, the movie makes a better point about experimentation on any type of animals and that scientists are evil assholes who will destroy any evidence of failed experiments, something I wouldn't agree with but are points nonetheless.

Even the parts where they make her
revert to being a feral beast are invalidated by the fact that she doesn't actually hurt those villagers, it was the mountain lions; the movie makes a better case for it being induced by the harassment of the scientists rather than a side effect.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm going to disagree with this. The message of the movie was against the use of recombinant DNA practices but it creates a character that is "bad-ass" and appealing due to these practices. If anything, the movie makes a better point about experimentation on any type of animals and that scientists are evil assholes who will destroy any evidence of failed experiments, something I wouldn't agree with but are points nonetheless.
To be honest, I think the two halves I mentioned played together.
While it shows how asshole scientists will play god and ruthlessly toy with life for profit, even creations that are not actual monsters suffer tragic ends. Bagi had no home and no real family, nor any of her own kind to build one. As a lab product her status as a lifeform is dismissed, and she suffers various forms of abuse. The point of the movie is that we're supposed to feel sorry for her, and to wish she was never put into this situation to begin with.

Also, you can't ignore how incredibly blunt some of the messaging was with
the genetically modified rice.
;)

Prax

That's really fat.

And cute.

Fat cats are cute.
She's actually supposed to be even fatter, I think. xD Her owners spoil her too much.

That's... *get's adorable overload*
Wow, you are good.
Marry me :p

In the same tone but different:

z_df660db1.jpg

from the funny pics thread, source unfortunately unknown :-(
I remember seeing this! xD I like it.
Although I guess it would imply the sex more if its tail were up and presenting?

It's most likely a male. Most arthro artists will not draw so many defined whiskers on a female animal or will emphasize eyelashes or other feminine markers.

Haly

It's most likely a male. Most arthro artists will not draw so many defined whiskers on a female animal or will emphasize eyelashes or other feminine markers.
There is also this. Drawn female animals are usually pretty obviously female.

Uchip

Banned
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat - Mark Twain

If man could be crossed with the cat they would be unstable Pink Cat girl Monsters - Osamu Tezuka

NewFresh

I love how they describe the effects of DNA mixing as completely unknowable beforehand.

Unknown until we can harness them for EVIL!!!

From a scientific standpoint, the whole rice thing didn't make sense since she would have had to grow the plants and produce the rice before being able to cultivate cross bred seeds!
But that's just the nit-picky biologist in me.

Dariee

Junior here, always seeing made fun of furries, never understanding why.

What is this community all about, basically?

See this as a chance to inform an unprejudiced one.

Lucario

Junior here, always seeing made fun of furries, never understanding why.

What is this community all about, basically?

See this as a chance to inform an unprejudiced one.

Most of the furries who get made fun of are kind of...

Well, I don't want to sound mean, but.... Asking for it.

There's a lot of persecution complex bullshit going on in the fandom, inculding all of the "I'M A FURRY, GET OVER IT" tags you see on Steam profiles. For most people, it's a fetish with a surrounding subculture. Outside of accepting parts of the internet, most intelligent furries try to be quiet about it.

There's a lot of hilarious people in such an accepting fandom. While it'd be nice if people would just be kind, a lot of furries seem to throw common sense and basic social skills out the window when broadcasting their kinks. :p

(that said, the fandom has some -really- nasty stigmas attached to it, which is why furries usually need to be quiet about it.)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Most of the furries who get made fun of are kind of...

Well, I don't want to sound mean, but.... Asking for it.

There's a lot of persecution complex bullshit going on in the fandom, inculding all of the "I'M A FURRY, GET OVER IT" tags you see on Steam profiles. For most people, it's a fetish with a surrounding subculture. Outside of accepting parts of the internet, most intelligent furries try to be quiet about it.

There's a lot of hilarious people in such an accepting fandom. While it'd be nice if people would just be kind, a lot of furries seem to throw common sense and basic social skills out the window when broadcasting their kinks. :p

(that said, the fandom has some -really- nasty stigmas attached to it, which is why furries usually need to be quiet about it.)

Ew, stop talking about icky
sex
!

People like that aren't real Furries - you weirdos just make the rest of us look bad. Why can't I spiritually identify with my half-dragon/half-lemur 'sona without you creeps making us look stupid?

People like you are why I had such trouble coming out to my parents about this major aspect of my life.

Lucario

I just realized, you avatar is now a couple hundred times creepier.

Glad to be of service <3

CHEEZMO&#8482;;36951229 said:
Ew, stop talking about icky
sex
!

People like that aren't real Furries - you weirdos just make the rest of us look bad. Why can't I spiritually identify with my half-dragon/half-lemur 'sona without you creeps making us look stupid?

CHEEZMO's-uncropped-avatar.jpg

At the bottom right side of your avatar...

That's his knee right?

And he's doing what I think he's doing?

His knee was always there >_><_<
CHEEZMO, why did I let you talk me into this...

Haly

At the bottom right side of your avatar...

That's his knee right?

And he's doing what I think he's doing?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know, aside from the total sexualization viewpoint presented by Lucario and the roleplayer crowd referenced by Cheezmo, there are people who just like the idea of people with animal traits.

Lucario

You know, aside from the total sexualization viewpoint presented by Lucario and the roleplayer crowd referenced by Cheezmo, there are people who just like the idea of people with animal traits.

Cheezmo was being facetious. His viewpoint is pretty much identical to mine. We recognize people who see themselves as "non-sexual" furs exist, but they're almost always in serious denial (and end up being far creepier than people who will just admit they have a fucking fetish).

Naturally, there are people who just like the idea of people with animal traits as a platonic infatuation -- mainly in animation. Judging by how prevalent anthropomorphic animals are in both American and Japanese animation, I'd say most people fall into this category. I wouldn't consider them furries, and I doubt they consider themselves as such.

Top Bottom