• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

NeOak

Hello, and welcome to the SNES Classic Preorder Discussion thread. First, some rules:

1. Please do not visit Slickdeals or any website and then come to whine about someone ordering more than 1. We know, and scalper whining clogs up the thread.
  2. NO RESELLING "ETHICS/MORALS/MONOLOGUE/ITHINKITS" DISCUSSION. Get out with that endless circle drama.
  3. No speculating when preorders will go live for a certain retailer. The SNES Classic announcement thread got locked due to people getting confused and bumping it constantly to speculate when a preorder will go live
  4. Standard forum rules apply.

Preorder Notifications:

UPDATED RECAP (Aug 22 2017 8PM EDT):

RECAP OF TODAY FOR THOSE JUST JOINING/VIEWING THIS THREAD FOR A PRAYER/BEACON OF HOPE:

BestBuy.com and Amazon.com opened their reserves in the middle of the night. Their reserves were up for a really long time in comparison to the rest because everyone was asleep.

Walmart.com opened reserves for 5 seconds [no joke] before selling out.

Target.com apparently was opening reserves in waves and there's a in-browser command you can use to spam the pre-order button, which then added to cart and may or may not still be there by the time you actually get to checkout. People have had success, others have not. I myself have been cart-jacked 7 times.The pre-order button now has disappeared and has been replaced with "Coming Soon" like Best Buy's site. Some people have reported that their orders have been cancelled if they were placed 45 mins prior to 3:20pm PST

GameStop.com opened reserves online, sold out within 30 seconds or so before their site crashed, crash landing page redirected users to ThinkGeek.

ThinkGeek.com had consoles available but only in Bundles. Bundles came with useless shit with prices ranging from 139 all the way up to 300+

GameStop stores opened reserves and each location has an EXTREMELY limited allotment [average is about 10 per store]. Physical stores still have some up from what people are posting but only 1-2 per store from what I've seen. I managed to reserve mine at a physical location.

Toys R Us announced via Twitter that they will NOT be doing online reserves and it will be a first-come-first serve basis on the day of release. They don't give a fuck about human lives.

Hope this helps anyone trying to catch up. All of the above aside from BB and Amazon happened from 9am PST to about 2pm PST

The thread name was changed to mimic the actual events of today.

As of this writing, GameStop Bundles are currently the only way to reserve one other than the launch-day Toys R Us armageddon.

Good luck everyone.

DGKGqnbUMAAxXxY.jpg:large

US SNES ver retailers that have yet to do preorders:

US SNES ver retailers that will never do preorders:
  • Toys R' US (company is broke af, get ready to riot at the door)

US SNES ver retailers that have done preorders

US SNES ver retailers that have done preorders AND THEN FUCKING CANCELLED THEM

PAL SNES ver retailers that are taking preorders: (as of July 22)

PAL SNES ver retailers that have yet to do preorders:

PAL SNES ver retailers that have done preorders:
  • Amazon UK
  • Amazon DE
  • Amazon ES
  • Amazon FR
  • Argos (UK)
  • Tesco (UK)
  • Game (UK)
  • Gamestop (UK)
  • Nintendo UK
  • Smyth's ToyShop (UK)
  • Very.co.uk (guess)

Nippon Area 11 Super Famicom ver retailers that have done preorders
  • Amazon.co.jp

Nippon Area 11 Super Famicom ver retailers that have yet to do preorders

Brinbe

Good shit. Hopefully we can have a solid thread now.

Anyway, definitely feel fortunate to have gotten in twice. First with that German Amazon deal and now with Walmart. Hope others get the same sort of luck soon.

Preordered from Walmart literally 30 seconds before it went OOS. Got a confirmation email, and everything looks good. Delivers by Oct 7. Will post if any cancellation.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks NeOak!

Also, it's okay (and expected) for someone to make a separate thread when pre-orders go live for other retailers - this way people don't have to keep coming back to this thread looking to see if there's any news.

JeTmAn81

I didn't realize that Walmart was the first one to have preorders in the U.S. Just saw the thread and jumped on it. Props as always to Wario64.

Preordered 2 from Walmart for me and my nephew 10 minutes after it went live so here's hoping! Says it should arrive on 10/05!

El Odio

Banned
With Walmart orders they won't go any further than the processing stage until it ships correct? I got the temp(?) charge on my card an confirmation email already.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My confirmation email was received about 30 minutes before it was taken offline. Hopefully I'm good, unless they just end up cancelling everything. Preorders opening at all could have been a mistake.

Can't believe Walmart had it up as long as it was either way.

NeOak

Walmart already had a go? Sweet baby jesus.

Yup, out of nowhere

Thanks NeOak!

Also, it's okay (and expected) for someone to make a separate thread when pre-orders go live for other retailers - this way people don't have to keep coming back to this thread looking to see if there's any news.

You're welcome!

With Walmart orders they won't go any further than the processing stage until it ships correct? I got the temp(?) charge on my card an confirmation email already.

Yeah, since the next stage is Shipping.

JackEtc

1 EU and 1 US so far
JJ0UGKx.gif

Walmart was showing stock for a while, I was surprised. But did I see that some people were getting cancels?

Mashing

My instore order is Oct 4, and my shipped order is Oct 7 (which I'm okay with as that is a Saturday and I'll more than likely be home).

-MD-

I wasn't planning on buying one but I saw Wario's post like a minute after it went up so I grabbed one.

So, two pre-orders so far (one through Walmart and Amazon UK). I'm hoping I don't need to do a third one just to make sure I get this damn thing.

Yeah, since the next stage is Shipping.

Thanks for the clarification. Was kind of wondering about that.

HiroTSK5

Points for the nice clean and informational Original Post. I probably could have done Wal-mart when I had the chance but I'm holding out for Amazon.

Great OT NeOak.

I ordered one at Walmart and one at Amazon.co.uk, both whithin 1 minute after Wario's tweet. Hopefully one of them ships.

FTF

Fuck! I didn't know Walmart took preorders already! Sigh...I have so little faith I'll be able to preorder one from Amazon and I'm not waiting on a damn line outside a store for 6 hours, etc.

All I want to be able to do is buy one off of Amazon, even if it doesn't ship for a month or two after that.

zakujanai

Tesco, Game, Gamestop and Very.co.uk have all done pre-orders in the UK too, should probably go on the OP.

Also, what is Amazon GB?

Top Bottom