• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last of Us Remastered October Release Date Leaked by Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are now officially too many high-profile releases for October. TLoU needs to be let loose this summer.
Preferably on Friday ;)

madmackem

Tried it on three devices now it deffo looks like the ad isnt loading proper, as the full add is for drive club and last of us seems it doesnt load proper while in mobile. Could be wrong but id be shocked if it was held so long as they have nothing coming out.

UberTag

So what are we looking at here... TLOU Remastered and DriveClub in October, The Order 1886 sometime next spring alongside MLB The Show 15 and the rest of their lineup who knows when?
Maybe Uncharted 4 and Project Beast in fall 2015? Morpheus in 2016?

Midas

If this is true, I'm just going to sell my PS4 and get a bundle later down the track. I've got a competent PC and the current schedule looks to be multi-platform dominant besides Destiny so no real point holding onto one.

Realistically, could Sony announce any games to release during the now to October window?

If you need cash stat, do it!

Liamario

Banned
The ad wraps around and transitions between the two. On mobile it stays on TLOU with the date alternating with 'this is 4 the players'.

BAo6Jh5.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Delaystation 4 still going strong.

Along with the 'Xbox When'? This meme is silly being applied to Sony only. Considering both seem to have only a few big first party releases this year. It is a quiet year for both.

This year for Sony we've already had Infamous and MLB,and then later we have Driveclub and TLoU
MS have FH2, halo remaster, sunset overdrive. So one more title for the fall, but two less titles earlier in the year.

If MS is announcing things earlier and Sony is waiting until a bit later that can skew the perception.

Cyborg

''This is for the players'' is what makes it strange. They have a new payoff ''Where the Greatest play'' Why not use that one in your ad?

If only there was some big media event happening in the near future...
Which is why I think this October thing is a glitch or mistake. Why hold it until E3 only to announce that the summer release date you've been pushing is a lie? If it was pushed back then you'd think they'd want to announce it before and get the bad news out of the way.

Umi88

I dont think its a bug but that someone messed it up adapting/resizing the mobile advert itself, you can go to the link where its hosted and see the gif of the advert

bombshell

For everyone saying this is fake, please take the time to go through the thread and see the direct link to Eurogamer's hosted image.

People have already posted pictures from the full EG site showing the ad with no date and showing the DriveClub ad with Oct 10.

It's a bug with ad transitions on the EG mobile site.

Liamario

Banned
I dont think its a bug but that someone messed it up adapting/resizing the mobile advert itself, you can go to the link where its hosted and see the gif of the advert

Well, they're hardly going to release their two exclusive games on the same day in fairness.

d00d3n

I was really looking forward to an early summer release of this remaster, but the leak seems legit. Didn't some other leaker say that the work on the remaster was basically done at this point? It would be really sad if Sony only delayed to have something other than driveclub to release this fall.

impact

Banned
I was really looking forward to an early summer release of this remaster, but the leak seems legit. Didn't some other leaker say that the work on the remaster was basically done at this point? It would be really sad if Sony only delayed to have something other than driveclub to release this fall.

DelayStation 4 and Greatness Waits were good jokes at first, now it's seeming like reality.

I'm gonna call fake just because their summer lineup would be so awful that I just can't believe it.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So as a summary.

Ad leaks. Sites October 10th as TLoU release date.
Confirmed as not fake.
Revealed to be a mobile glitch. As Driveclub and TLoU ads derpingly merge together to create a glitched ad.
Best thing to ever happen before a press conference.

A'ight GAF. G'night. T'was fun debunking this lolzy ad thing with you. Gotta wake up for E3.

Edit : To everyone who believed this the moment they read it. I am disappointed in your lack of expression of critical thinking skills. Releasing two of your first party games in the same week is not a thought worthy of being entertained. Or rather, how you didn't at least publicly question it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom