• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

e90Mark

I've experienced it in Verizon's store. Also just look at what Jeffrey is posting about it.

Sample size? Not saying it should be happening for the price, but there's also a lot of positive experiences on r/googlepixel and other publications.

Either way, you canceled it. I still have mine, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kinda worried about being affected by reported issues.

Sample size? Not saying it should be happening for the price, but there's also a lot of positive experiences on r/googlepixel and other publications.

Either way, you canceled it. I still have mine, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kinda worried about being affected by reported issues.

Worst case scenario you can sell it or return it. It all depends if the negatives bother you or not. I do alot of internet browsing on my phone and keep lower brightness so the issues bother me more. This panel should not be on a $900+ phone though.

The HTC phone has the worse design but the screen won't let you down vs the LG version with the better design but it's huge and the screen isn't that good.

#tradeoffs

reKon

Banned
I haven't thought about this much, but doesn't having a big phone like the Samsung S8 plus make it hard for it to fit in your pants for to height?

This was actually the reason that my brother went with the pixel 2 instead of the pixel XL 2, coming from a Nexus 6p

jokkir

For those who've tried both extensively: which has the better stills camera? Galaxy S8 or the LG V30?

I don't care much about the wide angle camera. Just the normal camera for both.

Watching some of these 'cinematic' videos of the V30 is making me want to switch over to that.

Jeffrey

I haven't thought about this much, but doesn't having a big phone like the Samsung S8 plus make it hard for it to fit in your pants for to height?

This was actually the reason that my brother went with the pixel 2 instead of the Nexus 6p
ive no issues with phablets, I wear mostly normal jeans, khakis for work, gym shorts.

Don't use backpocket or wear skinny jeans though

The HTC phone has the worse design but the screen won't let you down vs the LG version with the better design but it's huge and the screen isn't that good.

#tradeoffs
If only somebody made a phone with the best design and display of the year. A phone that didn't have trade-offs like missing a headphone jack, or no wireless charging.

Ah, well I guess that's a pipe dream.

This was actually the reason that my brother went with the pixel 2 instead of the Nexus 6p

for me yes, there was never a comfortable place for it. I wear skinny jeans and even the original Moto x play was sticking out of it. And it always felt like having a brick in the pocket. Even my hoodie pockets couldn't hold it without it sticking out a bit.

Can't stand the constant nuisance of big phones. It was always there and I never got used to it so I said I'm done with all that.

Wow. I read up on everything and I can't believe it. This site will probably not be the same, but this was my first OT community that I became a part of. Even though I stop posting often, I enjoyed browsing this thread.

Best of luck to you all.

Saiyan-Rox

Yeah id like to know this too. This thread is the only reason I come on here anymore so if you lot have a chat somewhere else PM me

Fledz

Cancelled my Pixel 2 XL and ordered the Pixel 2. The bezels have kind of grown on me so I don't think I'll mind them as much as I thought I would.

Delivery is set for 30/31st Oct here in the UK whereas the XL was due from 15th Nov. With all the reports, I couldn't be bothered risking it and my Galaxy S6 is dying anyway so I need a new phone. I never really wanted such a big one so this should be a good compromise for the next 12-18 months,then we'll see what happens later with newer phones in 2019.

I might put the money I'm saving towards one of those Moment Wide lenses and the case.

kinggroin

Banned
We been trying to get you bastards to join the GAF Android chat. Time and Time again!

Ffs.

Ask Vanilla lite for a link. If he's even still around.

So OT community forum is back? Or temporarily?

LOL this shit show.

On topic discussion. I got a Xiaomi Max 2 for playing youtube in car and at work. I am really impressed by its build quality case material. I don't like its spilt-screen implementation though. No wonder they hide it from the UI.

Saiyan-Rox

We been trying to get you bastards to join the GAF Android chat. Time and Time again!

Ffs.

Ask Vanilla lite for a link. If he's even still around.

I was in back on the hangout days but stuff came up and I never posted in it after a while and when I went back it was gone.

NotBacon

Just received a security update (from April) on my Nexus 6..... so I installed it and now my phone seems borked :(. It's not recognizing my SIM and repeatedly flashes 'com.android.phone' has stopped working, rendering the device nearly unusable.

Good thing I have a P2XL arriving today....

snacknuts

we all knew her
Should be receiving my Pixel 2 tomorrow. But I'm moving tomorrow and it's being shipped to my office, so I won't actually get it until at least Friday.

kaiyo

anyone have link to the android discord?

----------
That red Xperia XZ premium looks hot
Android oreo rolling out to XZ premium yesterday

Edris

I hope that the next OT is abit more informative...
The joke is long dead. You can ofc make a joke also, but do that in second post.

The Note8 is amazinggggg. Can't believe I ever left the Note series behind. Never again.

Note8 users, you using screen protectors? If so, which one? This might be the first time in a long time that I plan on using a case and screen protector. I hate covering phones up but man, I don't wanna risk anything with this beauty.

Kiraly

I'm thinking of buying an iPhone 8. No Pixel 2 available here in Spain, and fuck paying 959 EUR for a panel lottery on the 2 XL. Fuck you, Google.

Someone talk me out of this.

I'm thinking of buying an iPhone 8. No Pixel 2 available here in Spain, and fuck paying 959 EUR for a panel lottery on the 2 XL. Fuck you, Google.

Someone talk me out of this.

You will miss Android. iOS sucks. So limiting and notification system is years behind.

datruth29

Just got a Pixel 2,my first time using Android and I'm loving it so far. What are some must have apps that I should try out?

Also, hit me up with that GAF Android if you guys have it! Discord name is datruth29#4060

NotBacon

The display on the 2xl is total garbage.

The colors look a little muted, but "garbage" is just laughable hyperbole.
Anyway, it's a software thing and they've already mentioned they might add some more color options in the future.

Other than the good-not-great display, holy balls this phone is awesome. The performance is legit and the camera is unreal.

The colors look a little muted, but "garbage" is just laughable hyperbole.
Anyway, it's a software thing and they've already mentioned they might add some more color options in the future.

Other than the good-not-great display, holy balls this phone is awesome. The performance is legit and the camera is unreal.

Burn in after a week is bad and so is the panel turning blue by barely tilting it. This is like a 4 or 5 year old Samsung panel. Not worthy of being on a phone that's over $900 after tax. The camera is amazing though and so is performance.

NotBacon

Burn in after a week is bad and so is the panel turning blue by barely tilting it. This is like a 4 or 5 year old Samsung panel. Not worthy of being on a phone that's over $900 after tax. The camera is amazing though and so is performance.

I'll admit the burn-in concerns are a little unsettling. Hopefully it's just a little image retention and if not, I have a reason to RMA in 6 months.

The blue shift really depends on your device. I've seen some that turn into blueberries if you barely move, and others (including mine) that barely shift until 45°. That's really a QC issue and yeah LG needs to sort that shit out.

I'll admit the burn-in concerns are a little unsettling. Hopefully it's just a little image retention and if not, I have a reason to RMA in 6 months.

The blue shift really depends on your device. I've seen some that turn into blueberries if you barely move, and others (including mine) that barely shift until 45°. That's really a QC issue and yeah LG needs to sort that shit out.

I'm hoping they do fix the display issues because I really want to buy it, but won't with those issues. Hope they fix it by the time 5T is out or I'll just get one of those instead.

Also this will be the design of the 5T

OPPO-R11s-Render-Weibo-Collage.jpg

BIGWORM

I'm hoping they do fix the display issues because I really want to buy it, but won't with those issues. Hope they fix it by the time 5T is out or I'll just get one of those instead.

Also this will be the design of the 5T

OPPO-R11s-Render-Weibo-Collage.jpg

Gonna guess software-enabled buttons for the 5T?

JudgeN

Question are there any non US phone markers that work on Verizon. Wife wants something smaller but looks like everything outside US is GSM only. Was hoping at least one of the outside makers supports US CDMA bands but i'm pretty sure they do not.

Top Bottom