• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

I don't think cain can believe someone ran on cain.

if I recall right cain has a really good arm... aka if he was expecting him to go for it he likely would have been out but since he clearly didn't... JUST SAFE.

zulux21

number 22.

though I have bad news for indians fans.

this was the first win of thier's I have seen.

aka if the streak ends tomorrow it's my fault :p

I don't think cain can believe someone ran on cain.

if I recall right cain has a really good arm... aka if he was expecting him to go for it he likely would have been out but since he clearly didn't... JUST SAFE.

Cain has declined a bit defensively this year, being a Royals fan, but yeah, it definitely looked like he thought Ramirez wasn't going to take it. The whole team has declined defensively except maybe Gordon (but he's declined so much offensively...)

Anyway, good game, Indians! This game definitely hurts, but I knew two runs wouldn't be good enough. The next few match-ups don't look good for the Royals so the Indians will probably extend their streak and knock the Royals playoff hopes completely.

It's already looking bad anyway.

Malo

Banned
It will just be impressive given the yankees won't make it to the real playoffs this year :p

one and done they will be.

Yeah that was pretty funny in '01!

Who won that year?
giphy.gif

Esque7

I can't believe these Indians. These past two seasons have been the most entertaining baseball has been to me in a looong time.

zulux21

Cain has declined a bit defensively this year, being a Royals fan, but yeah, it definitely looked like he thought Ramirez wasn't going to take it. The whole team has declined defensively except maybe Gordon (but he's declined so much offensively...)

Anyway, good game, Indians! This game definitely hurts, but I knew two runs wouldn't be good enough. The next few match-ups don't look good for the Royals so the Indians will probably extend their streak and knock the Royals playoff hopes completely.

It's already looking bad anyway.

the royals would be the last time I would want to root for as a fan this year.

their entire season has been so damn streaky.

Just as they look like they are in the mix they go on a huge losing streak.
and then when they look like they are out of it they go on a huge winning streak.

odds are they are just going to miss the playoffs which is just hard to watch and means you won't have a great draft position because of it next year.

either way the AL central is going to be weird for the next few seasons.

white sox are already in rebuild mode, expected return around 2019
tigers are just starting. expected return around 2020
I imagine KC if they don't manage to make it this year will move towards a rebuild with a 2020 target

which leaves the twins and indians both of which are kind of hitting their moment from their last rebuilds so will likely be fighting it out alone next season and then in 2019 we will see a bit more competition and then 2020 will likely be a crazy season if everything goes according to plan for teams.

Vyse24

Meanwhile on Twitter...

@Yankees
"Gary Sanchez isn't a home run hitter." ��
*gif of players doing thumbs down gesture*
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/908499978284339200

@RaysBaseball
Imagine having the ability to reach 2.7 million people and using it to be this petty. ✌️
https://twitter.com/RaysBaseball/status/908503230212173829

@Yankees
Dear 2.72 million followers,

Please enjoy this video of the 4 HR hit by your team tonight.

Sincerely, Yankees Twitter ✌️
*highlight reel of Yankee HRs*
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/908514813550235648

the royals would be the last time I would want to root for as a fan this year.

their entire season has been so damn streaky.

Just as they look like they are in the mix they go on a huge losing streak.
and then when they look like they are out of it they go on a huge winning streak.

odds are they are just going to miss the playoffs which is just hard to watch and means you won't have a great draft position because of it next year.

either way the AL central is going to be weird for the next few seasons.

white sox are already in rebuild mode, expected return around 2019
tigers are just starting. expected return around 2020
I imagine KC if they don't manage to make it this year will move towards a rebuild with a 2020 target

which leaves the twins and indians both of which are kind of hitting their moment from their last rebuilds so will likely be fighting it out alone next season and then in 2019 we will see a bit more competition and then 2020 will likely be a crazy season if everything goes according to plan for teams.

Yep... the Royals aren't in a good position at all, but I'm not surprised we went for it with the market being what it was. I've been a fan for quite a few season so I know how bad it can be at times and our farm system, at best, has a bunch of fringe players. Definitely going to have to rebuild. It doesn't help the contracts we have are big, expensive and not panning out currently in Gordon and Kennedy.

At least Junis has looked good as a starter so far this year (Heck, the best starter the Royals have currently) and Bonifacio seems pretty good from what I've seen this year.

Meanwhile on Twitter...

@Yankees
"Gary Sanchez isn't a home run hitter." ��
*gif of players doing thumbs down gesture*
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/908499978284339200

@RaysBaseball
Imagine having the ability to reach 2.7 million people and using it to be this petty. ✌️
https://twitter.com/RaysBaseball/status/908503230212173829

@Yankees
Dear 2.72 million followers,

Please enjoy this video of the 4 HR hit by your team tonight.

Sincerely, Yankees Twitter ✌️
*highlight reel of Yankee HRs*
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/908514813550235648

omg ded....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom