• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox download (China account required)

So can someone give a dumb dumb version of how to do this? Made a hong kong xbl account, a chinese hotmail and its trying to charge me?

This is what I did:

1. Make an @live.com account with the country set to China, also make sure you put an alternate email or phone number for the security code
2. Log in on the link in the OP and download AC3.
3. It asked me to make my Xbox Live account, and to confirm my address and security code (either it's texted or emailed, whatever you provided).
4. Put in Shanghai for City and 100600 for Zip Code and you should be good.
5. You can now download it.
6. Log on to your Xbox 360, sign in to the account created, open up the guide, go to download history, and download AC3.
7. When it's done downloading, you can go on your main account and play.

NukeLaser

I got the game downloaded to my fake account, but when I try to add the account to the Xbox, I get this:

2013_3_29_11_26_3_zps91c855a6.png

Anyone else run in to this?

downloading now, amazing.

Thanks

Question:
Do I have to download it on my China account or can I switch back to my normal account like you can do with Playstation3?

So can someone give a dumb dumb version of how to do this? Made a hong kong xbl account, a chinese hotmail and its trying to charge me?

Its because you have to select China when it ask you for the region and the language then log in in Xbox.com to give you a random GT, then try to download the game

japanese accounts doesnt count.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
This is what I did:

1. Make an @live.com account with the country set to China, also make sure you put an alternate email or phone number for the security code
3. It asked me to make my Xbox Live account, and to confirm my address and security code (either it's texted or emailed, whatever you provided).
6. Log on to your Xbox 360, sign in to the account created, open up the guide, go to download history, and download AC3.

Exactly what I did and it worked.

Con_Smith

Banned
Finally got it working. Thanks for the heads up on this guys, as word of mouth pretty much turned me away from picking this up anyway but free (with a little bit of work) will make this the first AC I've played since Brohood. Hope the multiplayer is still fun.

yatesl

• Game is in English
  • They can't, and won't ban you for this
  • Anyone who's being asked to pay is either not signed in to the account, or didn't chose "China" when making it
  • Any account on the Xbox can play it
  • You get asked for Billing Info, but you can literally put anything in there (although use 01000 as zip code)
  • They can't, and won't ban you for this, I've got accounts in 6 different regions, all from stuff like this.

Certinty

Download has started to go extremely slow for me. At 50% now.

Not my internet connection as my PS3 is still download at the same pace it was before.

Not complaining though, just at this rate it'll take a while.

This is what I did:

Downloading now, shoutouts to nhlducks35 and the OP!!

Download the profile to your xbox after you download the game from the site!!

1% done

daevv

This is what I did:

• Game is in English
  • They can't, and won't ban you for this
  • Anyone who's being asked to pay is either not signed in to the account, or didn't chose "China" when making it
  • Any account on the Xbox can play it
  • You get asked for Billing Info, but you can literally put anything in there (although use 01000 as zip code)
  • They can't, and won't ban you for this, I've got accounts in 6 different regions, all from stuff like this.

Adding the above to the OP. Glad it's working for all. :)

Top Bottom