• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox download (China account required)

Montresor

This thread is fucking hilarious. The digital equivalent of running into a store during a riot and grabbing whatever you can.

Someone cross reference anyone who gleefully took advantage of this 'special offer' with moral grandstanding in any piracy thread.

I haven't used this exploit to get AC3 but let's make one thing clear. There is a huge, huge difference IMO between the following two scenarios:

1) AC3 is not meant to be given to anyone for free. However, because of a glitch or an oversight, AC3 is mistakenly being given to users with a Chinese XBL account for free.

2) AC3 is meant to be given for free only to users with a Chinese XBL account as part of an Xbox promotion.

Case 1 is the digital equivalent of running into a store during a riot and grabbing whatever you can, as you said. Case 2 is a case of... Microsoft stupidly giving a $60 game for free to one region and making everyone else pay for it. I see no problem whatsoever with taking advantage of this exploit with Case 2.

I have to say the rules on this board confuse the hell out of me. People get banned for posting scans from magazines. Yet threads where people boast of exploiting glitches and/or promotions that are not applicable to them to essentially steal content are completely ignored.

Mind boggling really.

Stealing? Grow the fuck up. Chinese users were allowed the game for free. Hardly stealing.

Take that high horsing shit elsewhere.

Im trying to migrate on the website but it keeps saying its an issue, have the simply close migration option?

Maybe it's not related, but we've seen lots of issues with XBL this weekend. So maybe that's it, try it in a few days when everything's back to normal.

Oemenia

Banned
Maybe it's not related, but we've seen lots of issues with XBL this weekend. So maybe that's it, try it in a few days when everything's back to normal.
Yeah I got an email saying the account had been migrated this morning. Also when I transferred my licenses and then redownloaded on my Slim, it worked on all profiles so I guess problem solved!

sorry for the bump, but I loaded up the game for the first time since I downloaded the game, and I got prompted with a small 9 MB update. Is this a patch that breaks the game? I just cancelled it and signed out of XBL..just wondering.

Maddog

sorry for the bump, but I loaded up the game for the first time since I downloaded the game, and I got prompted with a small 9 MB update. Is this a patch that breaks the game? I just cancelled it and signed out of XBL..just wondering.

I doubt it. Worst case scenario you download the patch, game doesn't work then you just delete the patch.

Top Bottom