• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
"No Lanterns... No Kryptonian."

hSV.gif

BadAss2961

Oh I'm definitely not against ensemble movies. Love stuff like Seven Samurai and Oceans Eleven

It's just the Avengers has already soured me on the big superhero movie team up films. Although that's thanks to Whedon

And while I am digging these trailers it feels fairly similar to those movies. With the same big brute and his henchman and massive action scenes etc. That's just how it goes tho, it's hard to really switch a story like this up

It lives or dies on their interactions and downtime imo. I hope Aquaman and Flash get a lot of time for dat banter

Edit: Justin Lin would be amazing for a justice league movie actually cuz I think that dude made the best action ensemble movie of the decade with fast 5
I know the feel... I'm more interested in the street level stuff and how the solos turn out, but this is what Justice League was always going to be. The DCEU hasn't really nerfed anyone, so there's just a shit ton of power on screen here.

The downtime is important, but I don't want too much of it -- those Whedon cooldown chapters are the worst part of the Avengers movies. I'll be fine with JL if the focus is on Snyder just going balls out with the money shots and action scenes. He's yet to do that with a DC movie.

I'm talking about people saying Ben wants out and how it depends on how JL does. The report doesn't even make one mention of that.

Aye, I get you.

Folks still talking Armie Hammer for Hal Jordan? That's the kind of boring choice you need for the most boring Lantern.

Bleepey

I'm happy they're letting Momoa play Arthur Curry as himself. He's been boxed into to playing a certain type of quiet brute and there was the worry he'd play Aquaman that way. From what we've seen, that ain't so; his Aquaman is bro and metal. Surfing on parademons and all.

Apparently he's like that in the Aquaman footage they didn't release. I'm disappointed nobody got a picture of Black Manta.

More Brave and Bold less JL animated it seems

duckroll

Let's break down what Ben Affleck said.

“I’ve always intended on doing a third if Warners wants to make it. Certainly, if the Batphone rings, I will answer.”

“I’d love to do it as long as they’ll have me,” he concludes. “Eventually it’ll be somebody else, and I’m sure they’ll get somebody great. But while I’m doing it, I’m going to do the best job I can, and really appreciate how lucky I am.”

Sounds like he's more than willing. But the way it is worded says nothing about Warner's commitment to keeping him as the Bat. It should like he specifically doesn't want to speak for them, and just for himself.

Ben sounds like he was asked to do that. Or he is just a guy that never sounds excited. Because written, it sounds like he is being honest and willing, but with his voice, at least at the panel, it didn't - not to me.

After JL we will get the news that he is out.

IconGrist

Ben sounds like he was asked to do that. Or he is just a guy that never sounds excited. Because written, it sounds like he is being honest and willing, but with his voice, at least at the panel, it didn't - not to me.

After JL we will get the news that he is out.

He just sounded like he always does. Some of you come up with the weirdest theories.

But that's probably because I spend an unhealthy amount of time watching DCEU actor interviews. I've gotten to a point now that I'm 99% sure I can tell when any of them are bullshittin' about something. Cavill is the biggest sinner of the group.

Yes, because people love drama in the DCEU and would look for anything that confirms their meta fanfiction.

Now that I think of it, when it's all said and done a DCEU BTS documentary would be great to see.

-MoS's mixed reaction

- The rise of the internet "superheros destroying private property" and the "This is not how a superhero should behave" scholars

- BVS announcement "after the Avengers money"

-Ben affleck's casting

-Gal Gadot's casting #notmuhGinaCarano

-BvS's critical backlash and GAF's afterparty

- Ahasveru's meltdown

- Sad Affleck

- MARTHA!

- Theatrical edits and ultimate cuts shenanigans

-Joker's damaged Reveal

-Trailer park's Suicide Squad being trashed but making a lot of money and winning an Oscar

-The Rise of the Internet Editing Experts

-This is KATANA!

-Wonder Woman is a mess!...except...not?

- Slate announcements and stealth cancellations

-Directors dropping out

- "Affleck isn't smiling-Gate" Possible Batman exit

The amount of drama that ensued since 2013 onwards it's a movie on its own.

strafer

Now that I think of it, when it's all said and done a DCEU BTS documentary would be great to see.

-MoS's mixed reaction

- The rise of the internet "superheros destroying private property" and the "This is not how a superhero should behave" scholars

-Ben affleck's casting

- Ahasveru's meltdown

- Sad Affleck

- MARTHA!

-Joker's damaged Reveal

-Trailer park's Suicide Squad being trashed but making a lot of money and winning an Oscar

-This is KATANA!

-Directors dropping out

hahaha yeeeesss :D

Boke1879

The Wonder Woman is a mess thing was the craziest thing tbh.

It was an anonymous letter that bitched about the movie and called out Patty I believe. and people ran with that like it was gospel.

The problem wasn't people doubting the movie. It was the fact that people actually believed that source because it fit a narrative.

strafer

It was an anonymous letter that bitched about the movie and called out Patty I believe. and people ran with that like it was gospel.

The problem wasn't people doubting the movie. It was the fact that people actually believed that source because it fit a narrative.

I wonder how that person feels now.

Boke1879

I wonder how that person feels now.

You think they care? It was probably some random nobody that did it as a joke. I mean it succeeded. They got their bit of attention so to speak. I doubt they feel bad.

But there were a lot of blog sites that ran it like it was some actual news. Patty had to come out and say it wasn't true. That's how big it got.

Tabby

Negative DCEU stories will always be the hot thing I suppose.

a916

With Shazam getting its director, I do hope we start getting casting news very soon.

Then we have the other big casting news we need to see...Justice League Dark, Green Lantern Corps...

Honestly, very puzzled that they didn't bother giving news about Shazam... especially since it's going into production early next year before the next comic con. The time to announce cast was then.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

-MoS's mixed reaction

-Ben affleck's casting

- Ahasveru's meltdown

- Sad Affleck

- MARTHA!

-Joker's damaged Reveal

-This is KATANA!

-Directors dropping out

What timing... Time to add one more to it

"Extensive re-shoots for Justice League"

WB couldn't even have 2 days of happiness.

strafer

I still can't stop laughing at this whole thing, WB is seriously going to spend money on digitally removing some facial hair, a mustache at best.

Why not just let him rock it for goodness sake, it's not the end of the world.

It would add some cool character to Superman.

Effect

I think I'm done paying attention to anything DC news related until the film comes out. The film will be what it is, I hope I enjoy it, and that's it. The (potential) inner workings of films and blogging community, of any film but especially this series of films, takes a lot of the joy of things.

jrush64

Banned
I'm a 100% on board with whatever Joss Whedon on this movie. I trust him more than I'll trust Snyder on this movie considering how important it is.

The movie has to be received well and has to do well.

I still can't stop laughing at this whole thing, WB is seriously going to spend money on digitally removing some facial hair, a mustache at best.

After all the flak Ares got? the stache has to go

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

-MoS's mixed reaction

-Ben affleck's casting

- Ahasveru's meltdown

- Sad Affleck

- MARTHA!

-Joker's damaged Reveal

-This is KATANA!

-Directors dropping out

"Zack Snyder is THE DISASTER ARTIST"

bryanee

Because it wouldnt go well with the rest of the scenes he's already shot without the tache.

Penguin

Because movies aren't filmed in order so it would be weird that he has a stache in one scene and not the next and back and forth.

Ninjimbo

He directed and shot it. He's getting credit. That's not something you should worry about.
Yeah onscreen credit. Sure. But how many comments am I going to be reading about Whedon salvaging the project? I feel like this is a narrative that's already forming and if JL ends up being a hit, what's stopping people from crediting Whedon instead of Snyder?

I don't know what happened with Rogue One's reception, but were people crediting Edwards or Gilroy for its success?

Top Bottom