• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

2 minutes

kI9PIlm.gif

#SDCC17 - Hasbro Marvel Panel Info & Images
6" Black Panther wave will include comic Black Bolt, Namor in trunks. More figures to be announced soon. Will have movie figures in the wave.

New vehicle with figures coming in 2018. Black Widow and Ghost Rider with bikes. Front skull plate and flames are removable from the bike. More news for these coming soon.

Songbird is part of Avengers wave 1 for 2018.

Deadpool Wave will include Deathlock with huge cannon not shown and X-23 in X-Force costume. Does not have tow claws. BAF will not be Strong Guy.

Spider-Man wave will have Gwenpool, Spider-Punk and Lasher. Mysterio and Classic Lizard is the BAF with articulated tail with 3 points. Can get him in a lot of poses.

Walgreens FF Reed Richards with Ultimate Nullifer. Will have regular arms and bendy arms. Thing will be coming.

6" Back In Black Deadpool and 3.75 Rainbow Squad Deadpool. 12" TRU X-Force and Weapon X Deadpool coming.

2018 X-men wave announced and Apocalypse with be the BAF which will be over 8" tall.

Jesse Falcon hints there is a good chance of more Symbiot figures in the future.

That Lizard and Mysterio look awesome. So does the BAF Apocalypse. Really, it all does. I can't wait for Hasbro to release the official images.

MG310

Looks like Shuri Black Panther and a better Klaw as well.

People on Fwoosh are speculating that the Gauntlet wearing Thanos BAF repaint will be a store exclusive like the Groot BAF was this year.

I will begrudgingly pick up that Defenders 4 pack for Jessica. Still leaves us with no great modern version of Luke Cage.

They really went all out on Mysterio and Deathlok

http://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mod...-Legends22.jpg&dispsize=600&start=20&sl=21987

http://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mod...-Legends31.jpg&dispsize=600&start=20&sl=21987

bengraven

Excited for:

Apocalypse! (Goddammit I was excited for the Xmen and you don't reveal any?!)
12 inch Wolverine!
Comic book Black Widow! (I just spent 40 on a loose grey 90s era BW dammit)
That Lizard and Mysterio!
Cheaper Luke Cage, pizza Spidey, red Daredevil.
Xforce/Deadpool wave (minus the Liefeld Canle head) (X23!)
Hydra two pack!
Walgreens will be killing it! I can't believe I'm fucking saying this!

Sawneeks

Banned
Honestly, I'm debating between the Bloodborne figures and the Dark Souls line. I'm not buying them all because $300 per figure is a lot. But I think the Dark Souls ones look better. They should, because they're made of polystone whereas the BB figures are still PVC.

I already ordered Siegmeyer from BBTS. Just waiting for Oscar to go up. Gecco also has a 1/6 scale bonfire in the works, so that would make a nice display with those three pieces.

All 3 of those together would look really nice to display all together. Really interested to see what else they pull out for Dark Souls too since they seem to be making a good amount of From Software statues.

If I can grab it in time I hope to at least get Oscar out of this whole line-up and display it next to my Bloodborne Hunter. At least get one figure for each of the two series since they run for a good amount of money.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
How are they announcing another Walgreens FF figure when the last two don't exist?

All 3 of those together would look really nice to display all together. Really interested to see what else they pull out for Dark Souls too since they seem to be making a good amount of From Software statues.

If I can grab it in time I hope to at least get Oscar out of this whole line-up and display it next to my Bloodborne Hunter. At least get one figure for each of the two series since they run for a good amount of money.

You know they're making another Hunter figure due out Q1 2018. It looks mostly the same but it looks like some of the accessories are different. Other than that, I need to compare them side-by-side to see if there are any differences in the sculpt. It could just be an excuse to cash in on the demand that still exists for the OG Hunter statue. I've seen them going on Mandarake for over $600, which is bonkers.

I'm probably just going to end up buying all of the From Software statues from this point. I am Messi and these are my Harley Quinns.

EDIT: Okay, looks like they did change a few things in the new version. The cloak, weapons and base are all different:

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Classic mysterio and lizard look great. Now give me doc ock, vulture, and a true classic electro(last one was close, but not quite)

How do you get more classic than the Electro they gave us? Lightning on the legs?
My only problem with that figure was no clean hands, but you can swap in hands from many other figures.

How do you get more classic than the Electro they gave us? Lightning on the legs?
My only problem with that figure was no clean hands, but you can swap in hands from many other figures.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned it was close. It was like the modern costume with a classic head

NEO0MJ

Seems like Bandai really are halting the Legacy Deluxe Megazords for now. Instead they showed a new SD line and a new articulated individual Zord line that comes with pilots. I'm very sad now.

Does this mean they're going to go down the list and make all 97 of them from the Separation Anxiety game?

250px-Spider-Man_and_Venom_-_Separation_Anxiety_Coverart.png

It's hard to believe that there was a time when Venom was more popular than Spidey.

Drayco21

All in on the Deadpool wave; it's everything I wanted it to be.

All in on the Lizard wave, even though Lasher is lame and Gwenpool looks awful. Mysterio is perfect, and Noir is gonna be rad.

Black Panther wave is largely skippable if it aligns with the rest of the leaks- I'll buy any of the movie designs that get made, and that Black Bolt and Namor look great. Not interested in characters like Siberian Tiger. Knowing my luck, something I'd actually want like Man-Ape will be the BAF tho.

All-in on the Classics wave, will buy the TRU Hydra army builders, will buy the Defenders 4-pack for Luke, Jewel and a rad shirtless Danny. Looking forward to a new Thanos and an Apocalypse.

Oh god, Hasbro pls slow down.

LiK

savzlyu.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaand there's my captain america hot toy

OMG what a glorious beard and Widow ditched being a redhead?

Hot Toys will destroy us all with JL, Thor and Infinity War incoming.

I didn't get a chance to catalog my stuff. Had people come over and visit. Maybe I'll slowly do them during this week instead. Need to clear out space and get funds for the new stuff.

Sawneeks

Banned
You know they're making another Hunter figure due out Q1 2018. It looks mostly the same but it looks like some of the accessories are different. Other than that, I need to compare them side-by-side to see if there are any differences in the sculpt. It could just be an excuse to cash in on the demand that still exists for the OG Hunter statue. I've seen them going on Mandarake for over $600, which is bonkers.

I'm probably just going to end up buying all of the From Software statues from this point. I am Messi and these are my Harley Quinns.

EDIT: Okay, looks like they did change a few things in the new version. The cloak, weapons and base are all different:

Yeah, I posted it a few pages back. It looks pretty good and the differences aren't terribly dramatic, just got to wait and see what it looks like when it's painted. The cloak looks great though, just not a big fan of the rifle they went with.

Even the F4F statues? RIP your wallet.

Replicant

Thank the maker, I don't like this iteration of Justice League. Otherwise I'd be DOA.

But even with just Marvel, I'd suck my soul dry.

I want that Gladiator Thor so bad but they'll probably only have long hair Thor as per usual.

TAJ

My tunic arrived. It's a little too light gray, but the Hot Toys one is even further off in the opposite direction.
Lovin' it, though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Haggled my way into an $80 shipped SDCC 2017 Thrawn Black Series set. Pretty happy with that score, all considered.

My tunic arrived. It's a little too light gray, but the Hot Toys one is even further off in the opposite direction.
Lovin' it, though.
A little puffy but I think it looks pretty good. I'd like to get a Robe for mine. These days there's lots of people selling them on ebay. Used to be you'd struggle to find them and they'd sell out really fast when you did.

Top Bottom