• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

rjinaz

Add me as another non-white who can't stand "fuck white people" statements. I guess am pretty fragile when negative blanket statements are made about a particular race. It accomplishes nothing and sounds childish.

Fuck White people is probably going a bit too far. But generalizing White people, the ruling class of this country, the class that did slavery, the class that did segregation, the class that continues to have the largest influence and people in power and uses it to shit on minorities, and by and large just elected a White supremacist, as White person, I really don't give a shit because it's mostly true. It used to get me angry when I heard it, back when I would have thought "equality is here it's THEM that are making thing unequal by constantly talking about race" That was before I realized that I never actually had to think about my race and, bingo, that's the problem and why I couldn't see things differently. Race was meaningless to me personally.

Wow take it to PM guys. Can we get back to Trump being a scumbag.

Trump is a scumbag.

Since no one wants to spell it out for you (because it's too funny), the point people are making is that you complained about people making race generalizations, while simultaneously referring constantly to a group called "the Asians", rather than actually specify a specific group (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc.).

So you're making race generalizations. That's the point.

But I wasn't making generalizations. I was referring to a group of Asians that the thread was about. They were referred to as "Asian customers". So I referred to them as Asians. Here is a post that I made in that same thread that better explains it:

Not even close. For the record, I am not defending Macy's racial profiling. I noticed many posters did not understand why Macy's even cared about people buying their products in bulk, since Macy's is getting all their money. I gave an example of scalpers to make it easy for people to understand why a company does not like that practice.

The amendment don't really mean shit to his base.

893468_jttnyp1_460x306.jpg

I'm convinced that "White people won't be the majority by 2050" article from like I dunno 12 years ago is one of the reasons for shitheads like Spencer thinking White people are somehow on the verge of a death rattle. If its not a significant contributor its definitely was used or is used as a recruitment tool.

Nobody cares about your context, just like you didn't care about the context of the tweet and jumped in the thread swinging. See how that feels?

You have spent more time in the thread tone policing than actually being upset about the thread topic. That's part of the problem.

There's a good context of "Fuck white people"? So tell me, if there is an appropriate context for that statement, surely there must be an appropriate context for "Fuck other races"

*Insert black, Asians, etc*

There is no context in which those blanket statements are okay, in my book. My post was completely out of context as I was defending their actions.

You posted in there to get mad at GAF for not being as mad at The Asians as they were at scalpers in some other thread. It should not be so surprising to you that through multiple threads now people have criticized your meaning and intent.

I was not mad at all. I was actually pointing out the double standard of gamers thinking scalping video games is somehow much worse than scalping other products. Which is true. People here call scalpers the scum of the earth but when other products are scalped, it makes no difference to them.

Which is something I'd love to go into detail, but I've been warned about defending scalping so I don't think the mods would take it kindly if I go on another scalper defense force post.

rjinaz

There's a good context of "Fuck white people"? So tell me, if there is an appropriate context for that statement, surely there must be an appropriate context for "Fuck other races"

There is no context in which those blanket statements are okay, in my book. My post was completely out of context as I was defending their actions.

In another country where that race is the majority and there is a long history of bigotry and heinous acts towards other races, sure.

What books have you read on American colonialism, imperialism, or capitalism? The context for white people vs The Others in America based on white Americans' enduring political power and inaction when it comes to justice for other races should be pretty easy to understand. Donald Trump is president btw and called Nazis "very fine people" and black athletes "sons of bitches" in a month.

What books have you read on American colonialism, imperialism, or capitalism? The context for white people vs The Others in America based on white Americans' enduring political power and inaction when it comes to justice for other races should be pretty easy to understand. Donald Trump is president btw and called Nazis "very fine people" and black athletes "sons of bitches" within the same month.

I'm not diminishing the frustration and hardships of minorities or anyone else for making that kind of a statement. I'm simply arguing that it doesn't accomplish anything and only serves to divide people. IE. it's counterproductive and casts a blanket over a large group of people, many of who are good.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Then if you had read the threat you would have known that in that post that I say "the Asians" I was defending their actions. You also would have realized their race is irrelevant to me and I was only using that to specify I was referring to the people the thread was talking about. The Asians that actually do resell the products. But their race is irrelevant to that fact.

The parallel is that it appears that you agree with the assumption that if an Asian person is buying lots of things they going to sell it at a markup. The general assumption that if they buy a lot, it's to scalp. That's what that thread was about and what people were making a point about in that thread. You moved beyond the assumption and instead defended the already assumed action.

People's point there: Buying in bulk as an asian and assuming it's scalping is wrong

Your point in that thread: Scalping isn't really that wrong

Parallel here: blanket assumption of bulk buying asians - blanket statements are always wrong.

Get a feeling ChainedMaster gets off on responding to all the people calling him/her out in various threads. If so many people misinterpret your posts that you have to continually make follow-up clarifications, maybe it's your posts that are the problem? :p

I'm not diminishing the frustration and hardships of minorities or anyone else for making that kind of a statement.
Yes, you are. Not diminishing would be researching and talking to people to find out where they're coming from instead of repeatedly telling them to keep their opinions to themselves because it makes you feel bad.

I'm simply arguing that it doesn't accomplish anything and only serves to divide people. IE. it's counterproductive and casts a blanket over a large group of people, many of who are good.
Your barometer and perspective for meaningful racial justice is fucked if you're more concerned with strangers saying "fuck white people" in a thread about our fucking white supremacist president instead of what black Americans have suffered from our white supremacy for centuries. You don't have a clue what's causing actual division in our country, you just want the oppressed to stop talking about their problems and to stop accurately identifying their oppressors.

The parallel is that it appears that you agree with the assumption that if an Asian person is buying lots of things they going to sell it at a markup. The general assumption that if they buy a lot, it's to scalp. That's what that thread was about and what people were making a point about in that thread. You moved beyond the assumption and instead defended the already assumed action.

People's point there: Buying in bulk as an asian and assuming it's scalping is wrong

Your point in that thread: Scalping isn't really that wrong

Parallel here: blanket assumption of bulk buying asians - blanket statements are always wrong.

You'd be correct if I was assuming all Asian customers were scalpers. It was simply a label I was using to specify who I was referring to. If they had been German I would have said "the German customers who sell it in Germany". It was simply a label and race was completely irrelevant.

ItIsOkBro

1hbfwVs.jpg

even a white person would look at this and say "fuck white people" tbh

Quick

Banned
Get a feeling ChainedMaster gets off on responding to all the people calling him/her out in various threads. If so many people misinterpret your posts that you have to continually make follow-up clarifications, maybe it's your posts that are the problem? :p

Basically.

am-i-out-of-touch.gif

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
You'd be correct if I was assuming all Asian customers were scalpers. It was simply a label I was using to specify who I was referring to. If they had been German I would have said "the German customers who sell it in Germany". It was simply a label and race was completely irrelevant.

Ok, I can see that. Though the point still somewhat stands. You were in a thread where the main discussion was about negative blanket statements and didn't care about it all. Yet here in a thread about political discourse you specifically care about blanket statements.

Do you see how that pattern can be seen as suspect?

Eh I could have worded that post better I suppose. But what else was I suppose to use? If I said "the Macy's scalpers" I would have been outed as someone who thinks all Asians are scalpers if I simply referred to them as "scalpers". It was just a tragic instance of taking something out of context.

Guess the 1st amendment only applies to white cis republican men huh? How cute... Hey Trump if you want to see an example of "unamerican" go look in the mirror you disgusting piece of human garbage.

if white people don't like "being hit with blanket statements" here maybe they shouldn't have provided trump with 90% of his 46% vote share

There are so many important issues to tackle, and attempt to fix. But hey, let's not do that as president. Let's make petty and passive aggressive comments about someone trying to bring attention to race issues instead.

Spacebar

You're doing it wrong, jr. You're supposed to make posts like "Fuck White People" and post some edgy memes. When someone goes against this jump on them with a hot take and boost your gaf cred.

Don't bother trying to suggest we all work together to get this piece of shit Trump out of office asap as you will never be one true good guys around here.

I believe this tactic hurts more than it helps. Some others here also feel that way. I would love to discuss why I believe this, but my gut tells me people will just reply with "lol defense for everything" or some stupid gif.

Come election time again we could easily be in for another shock. Gaf, wont see it coming again just like last time.

Add me as another non-white who can't stand "fuck white people" statements. I guess am pretty fragile when negative blanket statements are made about a particular race. It accomplishes nothing and sounds childish.
I haven’t been reading the thread, but please tell me no one here said this. I can’t get behind “Fuck white people”. Some white people march shoulder to shoulder with brown people. I’m not down with that.

Fuck Trump is different though.

rjinaz

There are so many important issues to tackle, and attempt to fix. But hey, let's not do that as president. Let's make petty and passive aggressive comments about someone trying to bring attention to race issues instead.

It's sad to me that the same people that said things like "it's Obama's fault for the racial divide in this country" are fine with what Trump is doing. Obama wasn't, but he was. Trump is, but he isn't.

rjinaz

I haven’t been reading the thread, but please tell me no one here said this. I can’t get behind “Fuck white people”. Some white people march shoulder to shoulder with brown people. I’m not down with that.

Fuck Trump is different though.

As far as I can recall, nobody has, no. There was some generalization about White people though, God forbid.

rjinaz

You're doing it wrong, jr. You're supposed to make posts like "Fuck White People" and post some edgy memes. When someone goes against this jump on them with a hot take and boost your gaf cred.

Don't bother trying to suggest we all work together to get this piece of shit Trump out of office asap as you will never be one true good guys around here.

I believe this tactic hurts more than it helps. Some others here also feel that way. I would love to discuss why I believe this, but my gut tells me people will just reply with "lol defense for everything" or some stupid gif.

Come election time again we could easily be in for another shock. Gaf, wont see it coming again just like last time.

What a shitty post, that's some "gaf is just SJWs" shit right there. Or maybe the people that are responding in this thread majority disagree and it's not some kind of hivemind? But no, you're of course persecuted and already predicting your being banned if you continue on and go against the grain. It's nothing new, same old tactic.

Look, I agree with you on principle that attacking all White people is not the way to move forward. But, I think that not calling out White people on their shit is why we have Trump, and not because too many people called out White people on their shit. To me it's just a way to dismiss racism and "focus on the real issues" or "you'll be sorry liberals". Obama being president for 8 years is why we have Trump. That's it. It's not going to be the same game next election after 4 years of this turd.

Jzero

When was the last time had we heard a POTUS use the words 'Son of a Bitch' in a public speech?

He says it like it is!
I'm not bothered by anyone cussing but the president really shouldn't do it while they're still in office, it makes them look really uneducated.

Spacebar

What a shitty post, that's some "gaf is just SJWs" shit right there. Or maybe the people that are responding in this thread majority disagree and it's not some kind of hivemind? But no, you're of course persecuted and already predicting your being banned if you continue on and go against the grain. It's nothing new, same old tactic.

Look, I agree with you on principle that attacking all White people is not the way to move forward. But, I think that not calling out White people on their shit is why we have Trump, and not because too many people called out White people on their shit. To me it's just a way to dismiss racism and "focus on the real issues" or "you'll be sorry liberals". Obama being president for 8 years is why we have Trump. That's it. It's not going to be the same game next election after 4 years of this turd.

I don't think gaf is all SJW shit, but just look in the very thread. I replied to a poster and we were having a dialog. Along came some other users who didn't read all posts by me and that user and replied with some lame gif.

Then look at Slayven who found that other guys post and all he did was quote it and put...."hmmmm". After that everyone quoted him and couldn't wait put in their hot take.

Why couldn't Slayven quote him and ask him to explain this comment? Why does gaf get off on the "Gottem!" when it comes serious topics like this. This isn't Xbox vs Playstion wars.

I don't feel the least bit persecuted. I understand others are frustrated and looking back at my post I can say I got a bit heated too. So I can blame myself. I just want us to work together combating this and not throw out generalizations. I'm guilty of it too.

rjinaz

I love cursing but yeah not really feeling if from a POTUS

Ha same. In fact I swear a lot on GAF. But I would never swear in front of people I don't know, in real life, nor would I do it in a professional setting. Kids listen to Trump. He's supposed to be a role model. He's the leader of the most powerful nation of the world, there is not a more professional setting. Calling Black players sons of bitches for not standing at the anthem is about as low as a President can go as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom