• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That Bloodrayne project Arc System Works teased is a Japanese release of Betrayal

Mak

I haven't played previous Bloodrayne games, but I think if you go into Bloodrayne Betrayal as an original 2D action game starring a female damphir that uses Bloodrayne license you'll have a better time. It's a mix of the dashing abilities of Mega Man X, the linear stage based gameplay of Castlevania and the movement of later Metroidvanias.

Some of the creative talent behind the game, including the director, also worked on Double Dragon Neon and have gone on to form Yacht Club Games to make Shovel Knight. (So if you're waiting for Shovel Knight, definitely check out this game)

It's only $10 on PSN and XBLA now, but I would recommend the Xbox 360 version if you can get it because the game feels like it was designed for the Xbox 360 controller with its analog stick and triggers for dashing. I think most players would have a harder time using the PS3 controller because it feels looser.

Once you beat the game, you can unlock the 8-bit soundtrack. Here's my playthrough of the early stages. (Protip: If you press attack right when the coffin lands, Rayne will kick it open)

Stages 1-4
http://youtu.be/6zpEEKKi_TE

Stages 5-8
http://youtu.be/Gsi3axrxYEc

kewlmyc

8apYnQ2.gif

Tain

teased with the thought of a new ArcSys action platformer masterpiece

given a localization of WayBackward garbage

crushing

mao2

I was hoping that they'd change the in-game character art to look like the illustration they did. Oh well...

Sectus

Even that ending? Felt ridiculously rushed to me especially with all the time spent on
Tae

Edit:

In other news I just bought both PS2 games for $7 total after being reminded of this series. I really like her design a lot.

yeah, even with the ending
i'm a hopeful romantic
, I can't remember who
TAE
is though..oh no! :O

Even that ending? Felt ridiculously rushed to me especially with all the time spent on
Tae

Edit:

In other news I just bought both PS2 games for $7 total after being reminded of this series. I really like her design a lot.

The manga is still awesome even with the horrible horrible horrible horrible ending.

Persona7

Banned
Midnight City is publishing?

I've been waiting for a PC release.

I need to reinstall Bloodrayne and Bloodrayne 2 again. They are available on GOG if anyone cares.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's also coming to Steam on April 30th:

That is significantly more interesting news. I thought it was an excellent actioner... Just thought it was a bit disappointing that all this announcement was was a rerelease of an old game in a different territory.

Wonder if it'll come to GOG, too...

Squire

Banned
They should take that slick new art and go the whole way:
Make Rayne a guest fighter in the console ports of Xrd.

It's also coming to Steam on April 30th:

Oh wow, cool. I've heard it's not that great, but I'll probably get it in a sake during the summer or the holidays.

Top Bottom