• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

haunts said:
Hey I just want to see this game do well so hopefully we will see more fighters/sequels. If its just on the Wii and not the other systems that just another barrier of entry for a lot of people who would have otherwise gotten into it.

Here's the thing, though. TvC has been known to be a Wii-only game for a long time. You bitching about it now makes you look stupid.

For the record, I believe there's a PS360 version on the way, because Capcom loves money and porting and they'd be dumb not to do it.

But if it doesn't go to the PS360, and you still really want it, just buy the system it's on instead of acting like a Wii owner and hoping it comes to your system of choice someday.

Bluth54 said:
Also de Blob sold over 700,000 copies as of February.

I have to agree with the idiot part too.

I was asking about huge sales. Not "huge sales as far as the Wii is concerned". Like in the multiple millions.

PataHikari said:
Why would I be.

It's a fact.

Classic Controller > PS3 controller > Xbox360 controller

When it comes to fighting games.

No.

It's not going to happen.

It's for Wii. It's not going to be on any other console. If you refuse to accept this just quit gaming.

fighting+stick+wii.jpg

HORI_Fighting_St_494cf709cda95.jpg

fighting_stick_3.jpg

Well lets have a look here. All 3 systems have equal level controls for fighting games.

Rotanibor

I feel kind of silly, because this game was the main reason I homebrewed my Wii. Still, if it has online, I may pick up the US version. Though I would like some extra balancing to remove some of the infinites the game has.

Also, Projectjustice and haunts need to stop shitting up this thread with the Wii hate.

Oh my God, no! No no no no no! Let's not ruin a perfectly good thread due to stubborn uneducated nerds. For the love of God no! Quit while you're ahead people!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
AniHawk said:
Here's the thing, though. TvC has been known to be a Wii-only game for a long time. You bitching about it now makes you look stupid.

For the record, I believe there's a PS360 version on the way, because Capcom loves money and porting and they'd be dumb not to do it.

But if it doesn't go to the PS360, and you still really want it, just buy the system it's on instead of acting like a Wii owner and hoping it comes to your system of choice someday.

Sure, but this is the perfect time to do a port and like you say, it seems like just another avenue for CAPCOM to make money so why not? This would be a no brainer pick up for the millions who have spent money on joysticks and controllers since SFIV came out.

..and I own a Wii, its not that, its more just buying more adapters/joysticks/controller or whatever to play another fighter. You guys call me crazy but I'm sure there are a ton of people who feel the same way.

AniHawk

And there is precedent of 2D fighting games selling like crap on the Wii, guys. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, SNK Arcade Collection and KoF Collection all did pretty piss-poor. The only ones that did somewhat well were Naruto and DBZ BT2.

Rotanibor

Projectjustice said:
Please explain to me where am I spewing Wii hate?

You've been bitching for the past couple pages that the game is Wii exclusive?

edit: I don't really want to argue about this to be honest, I'd rather just see the discussion of the game get back to the game itself rather then what system it is on.

AniHawk

Sure, but this is the perfect time to do a port and like you say, it seems like just another avenue for CAPCOM to make money so why not? This would be a no brainer pick up for the millions who have spent money on joysticks and controllers since SFIV came out.

Well it's probably on the way. You seem to be taking this awfully personally though, and you should have had a long time to get used to it.

haunts said:
..and I own a Wii, its not that, its more just buying more adapters/joysticks/controller or whatever to play another fighter. You guys call me crazy but I'm sure there are a ton of people who feel the same way.

I'll be honest: I think people who buy arcade sticks are crazy in general. Same with those who buy steering wheels for racing games.

MisterHero

AniHawk said:
And there is precedent of 2D fighting games selling like crap on the Wii, guys. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, SNK Arcade Collection and KoF Collection all did pretty piss-poor. The only ones that did somewhat well were Naruto and DBZ BT2.
Well people might have bought the VC versions beforehand too. Normally though I'd just buy them and play them as a casual collector of classic fighting games (which were also out on PS2). TvC is different though because it (was) new.

SoulCalibur II on GC sold the most of the 3 versions, but Namco bring it back? :lol

Link may have had a hand in that

Rotanibor Eht said:
You've been bitching for the past couple pages that the game is Wii exclusive?

All I hope for was for this game to come out on other systems, not cause I hate the Wii. Its cause I feel fighting games should be on all systems. Especially a gem like this. It would be a disappointment if Nintendo screws the online for this game.

Projectjustice said:
All I hope for was for this game to come out on other systems, not cause I hate the Wii. Its cause I feel fighting games should be on all systems. Especially a gem like this. It would be a disappointment if Nintendo screws the online for this game.
Well if you really wanted this game, you would buy a Wii or buy an Arcade.

Grecco

AniHawk said:

There will be a PS360 version when MVC2 comes out on Wii.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Projectjustice said:

We can put our differences aside with 3s and agree on this.

markot

Banned
Projectjustice said:

I dont think Nintendo is responsible for the games content or lack of....

Shadowlink123 said:
Well if you really wanted this game, you would buy a Wii or buy an Arcade.

Dam, are you guys reading? I already stated that Im buying a Wii when this drops. I already got the Wii Fighting Stick from Hori today.

fighting+stick+wii.jpg

We can put our differences aside with 3s and agree on this.

Deal!

I dont think Nintendo is responsible for the games content or lack of....

Can I get your friend's code?:lol

jrricky

Banned
AniHawk said:
What 2D fighting games came out for PS360?
Projectjustice said:
I hope you were on Wii owners side when SF4 and MVC2 wasnt announced for the Wii.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Speaking of online play for the Wii, do you have to use the friend code thing for all games or just Nintendo ones?

Threi

notag
haunts said:
Speaking of online play for the Wii, do you have to use the friend code thing for all games or just Nintendo ones?
Just Nintendo ones. But a lot of developers use friend codes anyways, i guess it's easier.

billy.sea

Banned
If people start buying the Wii (or Wii games) and appreciate the Wii having good games, then people will stop thinking the Wii has no games to play. The stereotype of Wii having no games to play just blew my mind.

Back when games like Marvel vs Capcom released on the PS2, people won't say 'I wish this was on the Gamecube, then more people could play it'. Because the PS2 had a much bigger userbase. Same thing here with the Wii.

Projectjustice said:
Dam, are you guys reading? I already stated that Im buying a Wii when this drops. I already got the Wii Fighting Stick from Hori today.

fighting+stick+wii.jpg

Deal!

Can I get your friend's code?:lol
How is it? I've been meaning to learn how to use an arcade stick, and that one seems ideal. Where'd you order it from?

lordmrw

jrricky said:
never heard of it. How well did it do?

it only came out on the 360 in america and it sold about 4000 copies. And about the sales of Accent Core, I recall on the forums that one of the guys at Aksyss mentioned they were pleased with the sales.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
RocketDarkness said:
How is it? I've been meaning to learn how to use an arcade stick, and that one seems ideal. Where'd you order it from?

Its fine if its your first stick and I've seen stacks of them in local GameStops.

MisterHero

billy.sea said:
If people start buying the Wii (or Wii games) and appreciate the Wii having good games, then people will stop thinking the Wii has no games to play.

Back when games like Marvel vs Capcom released on the PS2, people won't say 'I wish this was on the Gamecube, then more people could play it'. Because the PS2 had a much bigger userbase. Same thing here with the Wii.
I did ;_;

I could've bought either the Dreamcast or PS2 too but the games were nowhere to be seen (out of print?) :lol

RocketDarkness said:

Go to Gamestop as soon as you can. They are $40 bucks. Hurry before more people are aware of this game. They will sell out and rise prices.

Its a great stick to start with.

AniHawk said:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core actually sold really well on the Wii. So well that the publisher decided to do their own port of it for Accent Core Plus.

AniHawk

Flying_Phoenix said:
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core actually sold really well on the Wii. So well that the publisher decided to do their own port of it for Accent Core Plus.

Oh... I just assumed. :\

Threi

notag
Ookami-kun said:
It'd be really disappointing if this game doesn't sell well... :(
if it helps I will personally hold a gun to the head of every fighting game fan in my area and force em to buy it :)

Ookami-kun said:

It's a fighting game that doesn't say "Street Fighter" on the title and it's a crossover between a cartoon publisher that nobody outside of Japan has even heard of. And most of all the game didn't do too well in Japan on the Wii nor the arcades...

I predict 30k opening for NPD (if it has an early/close to mid month) and 55 - 70k LTD.

jrricky said:
never heard of it. How well did it do?

2,500 LTD...

You know, as awesome as the Tatsunoko characters are, they're still relatively unknown to the Western audience. How awesome would it be if Capcom added an extra character to the game that everyone knows? How about... a Disney character? Adding Darkwing Duck into it would just be hilarious and out of place.

Ookami-kun said:

If Capcom stays on track with the same or near the same marketing like SFIV it might do really well. Hell ads with the tag spiritual successor of Marvel vs. Capcom sure as hell wouldn't hurt. If not we will still have threads of asinine whining over bomba sales like clockwork.

Ookami-kun said:
Prepare to be disappointed!

Nothing in this game is designed to sell in America.

I'm glad they're bringing it over, but I kind of wonder why, too.

ShockingAlberto said:
Prepare to be disappointed!

Nothing in this game is designed to sell in America.

I'm glad they're bringing it over, but I kind of wonder why, too.

Once the game fails, Capcom can say we failed another test, and bring over PS1 ports of RE3 to tell Wii owners to STFU.

So wait, is this official or is this Nintendo Power rumor-mongering? And what about the new features? I love the game, but I'm not sure that I love it enough to pay for a second copy on top of the $75 I paid for the first one.

Cow Mengde said:
You know, as awesome as the Tatsunoko characters are, they're still relatively unknown to the Western audience. How awesome would it be if Capcom added an extra character to the game that everyone knows? How about... a Disney character? Adding Darkwing Duck into it would just be hilarious and out of place.

Other 80s animation licenses might be a little cheaper than Disney. Maybe something fitting the platform:

ae8rkp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom