• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 firmware v5.0 beta registration incoming?

jmaine_ph

Seems to be about right. I expect a tweet or blog post about it sometime soon if not today from PlayStation.

Bring back the old notifications pls.
It's maybe considered a small gripe to many but I really wanna look at uploads/downloads separately again.

- PS1 and PS2 BC
- PSN name change
- System wide Pro downsampling for 1080p TVs
- 2-step authentication without SMS
- Plus no longer required for online play
- All the stability and quality

believe!

BeeDog

I honestly cannot think of anything I personally feel I need. Some minor things though:

- PSN name change for those who need it. Quite silly it's still not there.
- The old notifications page, since the new one sucks.
- Better optimization of the home page/tile page, and maybe a less zoomed-in appearance.
- Better DLC/downloadables handling for games, it's far too slow and cumbersome now.
- Systemwide downsampling (though I don't think this will ever happen).
- Wishlist/gifting handling in the PSN store.
- Better download management.

SliChillax

Can we please get an option to change the fucking country of the store. I finally bought a PS4 and logged in my old PSN that I used when the PS3 came out. I live in a different country now and I can't make any purchases, it's so stupid.

jsnepo

Fix your damn storage management Sony! Being unable to install 30GB of data even though I still got 70GB free is fucking ridiculous.

Rodelero

Given that Sony tend to hold back pretty big updates for their integer releases, I'm hopeful for at least one of name changing and downsampling. Would like to see them take a crack at an LFG feature too.

RSchmitz

- PS1 and PS2 BC
- PSN name change
- System wide Pro downsampling for 1080p TVs
- 2-step authentication without SMS
- Plus no longer required for online play
- All the stability and quality

believe!

Damn, that´s my wishlist too.
I don´t see point 5 happening but the rest should really happen.

OverQ

Looking forward to the thread here where we manage to share a PSN account with beta access with thousands and desperately attempt to fill in the accompanying spreadsheet.

Donos

Gifting would be a nice addition.

If that ever comes, it will probably be region locked to avoid grey market with "cd-key"sites gifting from cheaper regions etc.

Btw. what happened to JeffRigby? Long time that i have seen one of his posts/threads about stuff which sounds awesome but i completely don't understand at all :)

DryvBy

I really want more profile options similar to Steam. I love throwing up my favorite junk or my rarest achievements. I really have no idea what to expect from 5.0.

LAM09

I expected beta before the month was over going by last year.

Hoping for full Bluetooth support and the PSN name change

Top Bottom